xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElBandoneonWEbsite

What's Your Favorite Kind Of Food?

What's your favorite kind of food? And which one do you think is the healthiest?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In terms of health and fitness, I think I have invented the perfect energy food:MayonnaiseTunaPeanut ButterSugarChicken BrothUnfortunately it doesn't taste all that great, but, hey, it smells fine.But mostly, I like mexican food, carbilicious noodle dishes, and chinese takeout.

hmm my fav food surely is chinese, i could eat it every day ^^anyway chinese food gotta be healthy cause its ingredients are mostly vegetablesand the sause fully soja, nothing better then non grease sausemm thinking of chinese food makes me want it ^^

my favorite food of all time is lasagna i love the meaty saucy cheesy goodness with some garlic bread on the side and wash it all down with a glass of milkmmmmmmmmmmm

I loves the Indian foods and I am a Indian too. Indian foods have their own taste which we cant find in any other countries dish, this is my opinion. Indian foods make me recharged and energetic. I specially loves the Pavbhajee and the Dosa... ;)

My favorite types of food are subs, spaghetti, and pizza. Mainly I really like almost all italian food, I'll eat other food, but I mostly eat italian... I think i'm going to get some food now :P

I couldn't vote for my favourite food, it's not on the list :P I would rate Thai food as some of the best in the world, very spicy, but once you get used to it, you can't go back to western food, it tastes to bland.I also think it is some of the healthiest food around, you never see fat Thai people and they eat all the time.

it depends on the day but out of all of them the two that i enjoy the most is mexican and chinese if i had to choose between them to though i would probably choose mexican

I'm American with a heavy Irish background. Pretty much anything involving potatoes is awesome by me. Sure, that sounds stereotypical, but it's true. Mashed potatoes...French fries...potatoes au gratin - I really don't care what ethnicity the food happens to be as long as there's a potato involved :PIf I had to pick just one type, though, I would probably go with Italian. Pizza and spaghetti are two of my favorite foods. I will, however, go to great lengths to find a big, juicy cheeseburger (Sonic drive-in does a good one).

Hehe - food? I love chocolate, but not too much of that available where I live (fortunately or unfortunately, :P )For the rest, there are no luxuries available in a Ryu in the himalayas, you get good nourishing food, sometimes it's tasty, sometimes it has no taste at all, all depends on a roll of the dice - in other words, on luck :D and on who does the cooking on a particular day :D As for the cuisine - it's a mix of chinese, tibetan, nepali and indian (again, depending on who does the d**n cooking, hehehehehehe)

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I'm American with a heavy Irish background. Pretty much anything involving potatoes is awesome by me. Sure, that sounds stereotypical, but it's true. Mashed potatoes...French fries...potatoes au gratin - I really don't care what ethnicity the food happens to be as long as there's a potato involved :P
If I had to pick just one type, though, I would probably go with Italian. Pizza and spaghetti are two of my favorite foods. I will, however, go to great lengths to find a big, juicy cheeseburger (Sonic drive-in does a good one).

I'm not Irish (I think), but I sure love my potatoes. I don't care for the McDonald's variation though. After they get done doing whatever it is they do to potatoes to make them look like that, they don't taste much like potatoes anymore. Hash browns are reallly good, especially with scrambled eggs and toast. I might try growing some of my own potatoes this year.

Hey - where's the gardening forum?

I visited Manilla and Bagio City in the Phillippines, and loved the hospitality and emphasis on home-cooked meals. I'm a veg-head, but much of the Filipino dishes contained meat. But my hosts were oh too happy to prepare my food to order, without any dead critters floating around. And they were just as courteous in the resturants. There was one dish I especially loved, but I can't remember the name. Brocoli, tofu and other delacacies were among the ingredients, but what made it so delicious was the inclusion of vinegar and soy sauce. It's an awesome combination I use in my cooking even now. I've found it goes really well with broiled potatoes....yummmm. Oh, and the vegetarian lumpia dipped in a soy sauce/ tobasco/ calamansi juice mixture is to die for! Pansit is so good it makes a meal in itself.

If you enjoy traveling to distant lands and savoring different food, I can highly recommend a visit to the Phillippines. I've done a bit of traveling, and although parts of this country are in almost third world straits, the food is always prepared in clean and sanitary conditions. I never once got sick from the usual food born illnesses associated with travel in poorer nations. But the best part about this food is that it's prepared with love. Bon appetit!

In my opinion, Filipino food are the best of them all. Although the rest are really good, it's the feeling I get when I eat them. They feel very homey, and very pleasing to the palette. My favorite soup is Sinigang (can be beef stew, shrimp, many varieties). I also love the Sisig which is pork cooked in soy sauce, mixed with tofu, onions and a little bit of alcohol makes it very tasty. Pansit and Palabok (noodles) are a must have if you visit the Philippines. They are very delicious. I think Filipino should be added to the poll.