xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElBandoneonWEbsite

What's Your Favorite Kind Of Food?

What's your favorite kind of food? And which one do you think is the healthiest?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Italian- so delicious! My godparents are Italian and their food is absolutely mindblowing with so much variation! I don't think I've ever had an Italian meal I didn't like so I had to go with this option, though I think all of the available have some merit to them. Mexican is really yummy but I don't eat it that much other than Doritos :lol:! French is okay, a bit rich for me at times but they make wonderful desserts, there's nothing I enjoy more than making white chocolate creme brulee at home. I love Japanese but I like Korean more I feel, everything is all a bit too mild for me sometimes and Korean has a bit more of a kick to it. Ramen & teppanyaki as well as sushi is amazing and I love it so Japanese was a contender for my top choice. I eat 'Chinese' nearly everyday as my mum is Taiwanese and it really starts to annoy you after awhile, people have a very Westernised idea of Chinese food (char siu pork, sweet and sour pork, honey chicken) and not to say Chinese people don't make and eat the food they think they do but not everyday! Everyday Chinese eating is at times bland, lacklustre and just a bunch of fried choysum in a sickly cornflour-oyster-soy sauce concoction. But that's not to say Chinese food isn't delicious but most of the time unless it's a special meal it's not very nice at all. I love Cantonese cooking as it's very flavoursome and dim sum (especially char gow) is phenomenal! My dad grew up in Sri-Lanka so I'm used to the Indian food, I love it all except some of the sweets but the snacks and curries are gorgeous and chicken biriyani is especially delicious. Anyway that's my culinary wax lyrical ^_^

i think the best food for anyone and everyone is wat is prepared at home .... i am an indian and v hav the tradition of preparing food at home .... and i must say my mum is a pretty good cook ..... so watever there is a love home made food .... thats the 'bestest' for me .... hehehehe

After reading all these delectable answers I'm getting kind of hungry. In fact, my stomach is rumbling now. Well, I'm American so I pretty much have the world at my doorstep in the food department. When I visit the city I always hit an Indian buffet. I just love the spicy curries, chutneys and wide varietys of tastes and textures. They know how to cook their veggies. I would eat more of it were it not so hard to prepare at home. I'd go broke eating out all the time. I think Italian food is somewhat over rated in this country. I mean, how many times can you eat noodles and pizza without getting bored....and fat. No one ever mentions Greek, Russian, Middle Eastern and such. Or what about Polynesian? They have a distinct stlye. But I have a hard time answering this pole because I pretty much like everything, as long as it doesn't have dead animals floating around in it. Speaking of, there was a story on the news the other day about a lady who bought a dead duck to cook for dinner. Well, the carcass was in her fridge for two days. When she finally got around to retrieving the duck out of her fridge, the poor little guy lifted up his head and looked at her! He wasn't dead afterall. Of course, she was shocked and couldn't bring herself to kill the little duck herself. Now the duck is at a wildlife rehabilitation sanctuary trying to recover. But he'll never be the same. Someone had shot him, and the two days in the fridge did some damage. He'll be living out the rest of his days at the sanctuary, free from stray bullets and frying pans. Hope I didn't wander too far off topic there ;) It is on food, though. Right?I love French food because it always incorporates FRESH ingredients with inclusion of herbs. Nothing canned for the French. It also gives me a good excuse to drink wine. Same thing goes for Greek. Ah, falafel... ;) Anyway, if I really HAD to choose, I'd look at it from the standpoint of: could I eat this every day for the rest of my life? In that case, I'd go with Mexican. It's healthy, it's filling, it's spicy (if you want it to be), it's easy to cook, it's cheap, and it goes very well with my favorite beverages - beer and tequila.Great poll, by the way.Oh, I forgot to answer the second part of this pole. Which is healthiest? I think it depends on the how the food is prepared. The healthiest source can be turned into poison when cooked in canola oil, for example. There is no such thing a "canola" seed. Canola just stands for, "Canadian Oil." It's a made up name to describe a genetically modified seed otherwise known as "rapseed." This toxic oil is also used for industrial purposes. Funny - they've been trying to push this non-food off on the American public as somehow healthy. Stick with olive oil, I say.

Edited by vbritton (see edit history)

My favorite is mexican by far.....I love spicey food and all the sauces i can get my hand on..Nothing better then shredded beef and guacomole with enought salsa verde too float the titanic on....Burrito's tacos casidias i love it all...im a big meat eater so i love pork beef chicken...anything with legs ill eat it. haha...hispanic food is the greatest ;)

Of course I'm Asian and Vietnamese to be exact. I like Chinese food. So similiar to the Viet food. I like the Shrimp fried rice, eggs rolls, soup, brocolli beef, and other delicious foods. Then after that would be Mexican food. They are so good. Wait Thai food goes before Mexican. Thai food is so spicy and good.

did you eat Turkish food_? They are the best!

I am a vegetarian and Indian so I like vegetarian Indian food. Here food are more spicy, I prefer less spicy foods. Chutnney (Paste) of some leaves, which grow by te pond side are my favorite. South Indian dishes like Idli, dosa, sambar are all time favorite.

Japenese is my favorite and without all the fat the resturaunts put in, by which I mean real Japeese food is the healthiest. Thats just my opinion though.

Edited by Vain (see edit history)

Let me tell you, Filipino food owns all especially if you've had it. Pansit is amazing! I also like Lumpia and Kare-Kare. Other than that, I like Chinese and Mexican food, not too spicy though!

Let me tell you, Filipino food owns all especially if you've had it. Pansit is amazing! I also like Lumpia and Kare-Kare. Other than that, I like Chinese and Mexican food, not too spicy though!

I visited Manilla and Bagio City in the Phillippines, and loved the hospitality and emphasis on home-cooked meals. I'm a veg-head, but much of the Filipino dishes contained meat. But my hosts were oh too happy to prepare my food to order, without any dead critters floating around. And they were just as courteous in the resturants. There was one dish I especially loved, but I can't remember the name. Brocoli, tofu and other delacacies were among the ingredients, but what made it so delicious was the inclusion of vinegar and soy sauce. It's an awesome combination I use in my cooking even now. I've found it goes really well with broiled potatoes....yummmm. Oh, and the vegetarian lumpia dipped in a soy sauce/ tobasco/ calamansi juice mixture is to die for! Pansit is so good it makes a meal in itself.

If you enjoy traveling to distant lands and savoring different food, I can highly recommend a visit to the Phillippines. I've done a bit of traveling, and although parts of this country are in almost third world straits, the food is always prepared in clean and sanitary conditions. I never once got sick from the usual food born illnesses associated with travel in poorer nations. But the best part about this food is that it's prepared with love. Bon appetit!

If I Had to choose a food I Would choose mexican food. because a long time ago when I was young I hated tomatoes anything with tomatoes wanted me to gag. So, one day I tried salsa just for the heck of it.. Then I loved mexican food. I started making Chips and salsa from homemade and then, I started selling it by the can so, if you never ever tried anything mexican you will get addicted to it forever the spices are amazing and, don't try to say teco bell is a mexican resturaunt ;)

Maybe if you travelled to Greece, you know the greek Souvlaki (Gyros), the famous dish which can be found in every corner...Well, that is really the best food I can think of right now, still....This is the health and fitness section so the souvlaki will neither make you healthy or fit ;)So, I'd recommend a greek salad...You know how great the mediterranean food is !

Maybe if you travelled to Greece, you know the greek Souvlaki (Gyros), the famous dish which can be found in every corner...So, I'd recommend a greek salad...You know how great the mediterranean food is !

Oh yeah, after I got out of college I had a chance to visit Cofu, Athens and Thesonoliki (am I spelling that right?) and the food was divine. And talk about fresh. What I liked about Greece more than the other mediterranean countries was it's proximity to the near east. Humous, Falafel, Tabouli and the like were integrated with regular Greek fare. And I can't get enough of those olives. Heaven! The crazy thing was some of travel mates were looking for the nearest McDonald's with all this wonderful food right in front of them. I didn't remember seeing a McDonald's in Greece, though. That's probably changed by now, unfortunately.

Well I say you should of just switched Fast Food with America!!!!!Burn! Woops I just burnt myself..... It hurts.Okay I say that it would be italian! Go Mario!