xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
googlue

Best Email Service? which one do you like most?

Which is the best email?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Gmail is the best out of all of them. 1 gb of email storage is too good!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have to go with hotmail, i myself dont need no 1gb space. However i do use gmail its just that msn has messenger and well i use it more.

Haha, I have accounts in all the email providers you listed. Gmail is stable and fast, though not as fast as Rediff. Yahoo is reliable too but too many ads (in fact, half of the page goes to ads). Hotmail is the worst of all. Offering 2MB of space is an insult to all users. I will choose Gmail from this list.

i'm using hotmail, yahoo and gmail services...Hotmail is bad, really bad !!! Only 2 mb space, they are crazy ;)On Yahoo i have 250 mb of space, its ok, but they have some banners...;)Gmail is the best!!! its easy i nice to use, with 1 gb space they rulez :Pi have 4 invitations left...if anybody needs this PM me ;)

I personally use Hotmail. I would NEVER use 1GB storage, and have been using Hotmail for... Well, since my first email account. =D It's integrated with everything, including MSN Messenger, it's easy, I just like it.Never even tried Gmail. I may though, sounds like a lot of people like it...

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

While Gmail is fast, and has built it Gtalk, I prefer hotmail - It gives you so many other free features - skydrive, Messenger, software such as Live mail and writer, Onecare, workspace, spaces........Of cource my very favourite is Cpanel - as many addresses of any of my domain, and choice of any three iof its online mail clients, or you can use it with any other mail client...

I think I'd go for gmail and/or Windows Live. Although I have used Windows Live hotmail for more then 3 years and have had no problems whatsoever. It's great. :D

GMail is my favorite because of its elegant simplicity. I enjoy using Google's interface. The best part is that I can search through my email instead of going through it one by one. I don't like offline clients so I don't have problems with its lack of full cooperation with traditional email methods of Outlook and Live Mail. Its fast, you have a loading bar, your email rechecks automatically and rather fast. It has a whole slew of features, that allow it to integrate well with other programs on in the Google Suite. You have the ability to open documents on the web, decreasing load time. The only problem I have is with the lack of a fully functional folder system. I have to manually use labels and its rather hard to organize emails from friends and emails from online contacts. I find that this is the biggest flaw, and that sometimes forces people who don't like using multiple addresses to stick with Hotmail over GMail, but he Search features is one of the best for anyone I believe. Also the fact that you can log into Aim, MSN, GTalk and other IM Clients while on the web, and chat realtime, through email messages.

Well ive been with GMail now since 2004 - best service by far.

Unlike Yahoo!, Google isnt cluttered and everything is just so incredably neat and tidy. And the great thing about Google Mail is that you can have custom themes with FireFox!

Plus aswell there is a mail notifier as a firefox addon too :P

When i joined many years ago Google was only giving out 3GB of space. And now they are giving away 7GB!

3 gig let alone will last you a lifetime.

--

However though, i reckon that the Email that you are hosted on many hosts are just perfect - you have full control over them, and you can even create your own webmail :D

As many others have said, I definitely prefer GMail for the simplicity and speed. In addition, all the new lab features they keep adding are extremely helpful (like advanced keyboard shortcuts). The tagging system is fantastic, and I greatly prefer it over just folders. Their '+' feature (i.e. with the account user@gmail.com, you can send yourself e-mails from user+digg@gmail.com, user+Xisto@gmail.com, user+<xyz>@gmail.com - you get the idea). This gives you an unlimited number of accounts that can be easily filtered based on the tag after the '+' sign.All this combines to make a really fantastic e-mail service. However, I still maintain a yahoo e-mail, for all those times when you need to give out an address that you know will be spammed :).Regards,z.