xisto Community
devildude93

5th Generation Ipod!

What fffanatics said is true. The usb 2.0's speed is 480 and firewires speed is 400. Though the firewire people released their new port a while back wich is 800 and something, and then guess what, the usb people are probably going to speed up again. Its like a war, which only ends up in our benefit. Well enough of that, it might seem like im hijacking :). I really think that Ipod really needed video to stand up against the iriver and other players. It doesnt matter if people will see it or not, its just about technology and competition. If people dont like it with video they can get the shuffle or other versions anyway.

PSP's are great for movies and games but the iPod is purely movies and photos they should maybe stick to that. PSP's are not good for music because of it's lack of space but then you just buy umd movies if wanting but the iPod has the Gb's of space for all the music but not the screen for the movies. I would rather not squint at an iPod screen. PSP screens have great quality for movies and games and you don't have to squint.

i have the new ipod in black. its really good. i can get any video on to it because it takes mpg format. we went to buy a wall charger but we returned it because it was for firewire and we had usb so maybe they do have firewire for it. we have 650 songs on it right now which takes a measly 2 gigs. we can put full length movies on it but the battery cant really handle the movie playing. the screen seems bigger than the old ipods and its thinner which makes it even better. i would recommend it to any1.

I have got my hand on a 5th generation Ipod with video as so they call it on .It took me the whole day to figure out how to make it work. It was previously owned and now I got a hold of it. I tried the proposed method of resetting the ipod by pressing the select and Menu button together. That didn't work. Kept flicking back and forth with the Apple logo and a folder with a triangle that had an exclamation point in it. At this point I am a little frustrated because it should've work. I then plug it into the computer through the usb drive and it said to format the thing. So I did and what do you find out?? It didn't work. You can tell that right now I'm pissed. So then I decided to install the Ipod Updater on the Ipod site itself. Found out that didn't work to reset the Ipod to factory settings. Then I found out like an hour later that I had to download iTunes. Gosh. Now the darn thing is working. Gosh why does it have to be so hard to make it work. RIght now i'm just listening to music off of it. Finally! With a little headache in the end, I survived the test of Ipod retardedness.AFter you figure out how to work it. Its not so bad after all. All you need is patience. I know some people who send it back and get another one. That cost some money. I don't have that money after getting an IPOD. So just work at it and perservere. The transfer of usb is fast. In my opinion it is.

n00bs, the new nano uses flash, it has 8gb standard, although you can get them in 4 or 16. And 4gb is 8 times what their dad had... It was only a 500mb. About the compression issue, there is no issue, movies take up around 400mb for the ipod. The battery life is amazing, lasts a good 24+ hours during playback, and can go over a week on standby with minimum playback. The only issue I've had with it, is taking music off of it in windows vista. The old way was to go to the drive, type ipod_controlmusic, and pull all of the audio files off... Now that folders empty on a half filled ipod. And vista doesn't show hidden files or folders. And watching movies on it is cool when you're riding passenger in a car.

Would I recommend a Microsoft Zune to people. It is faster, more reliable, and has great feature plus inbuilt radio.

I know it's bigger than an ipod and may be slightly heavier but it's still great, and I think cheaper. Also the Zune Social is a great place to hand out.

I never liked the Ipod's cause I bought one, it had hardware failure within 2 weeks. Then I bought a Nano and that basically froze, [software] And the shop couldn't fix it, they offered for it to be sent out. I said yes, when I got it back I sold it on Ebay and then bought a zune. I have had the Zune for nearly 2 years now, and it lasts.
Edited by cicala (see edit history)

ORANGE STRIPS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!5th Generation Ipod!

SO I'm not sure what exactly is broken, but I know that my battery needs replacing due to the ipod coming apart and somehow the orange strip that is connected to it broke. There is another orange strip that goes from underneath the head phone jack to underneath where the lock button is. The orange strip that is torn here branches off from that and connects to something else that I am not sure. PLEASE help me out with any information you have regarding repair and cost. I REALLY miss my 5th generation ipod, thats only four years old. :( I know its time of use is not yet ready to be over.

-reply by Hattie

Ipod Nano 5th Generation Issues5th Generation Ipod!I have recently purchased an Ipod Nano 5th generation 16Gb and have used it for approximately 30 days. Today while running the music (song) that was playing started going really slow... I turned it off, then reset it with the hold button and tried turning it back on and continued my run but it started doing the same thing but worse the song lyrics almost had an echo effect to them with the tempo being very slow (not I don't use drugs so no imaginary stuff). I am tempted to send it back to Apple but don't want to deal with the run around, has anyone else experienced this problem and is so were you able to fix it? Comments appreciated. Thanks,-question by Suzanne Norman

Headphone - sound coming out of jack5th Generation Ipod!

This morning I attempted to listen to the radio and it told me the headphones were not plugged in and yet they were. I tried resetting it, but the sound is still coming out of the jack and the earphones.  I also noticed the battery seemed to be discharging fast and I just recharged it last night (following all the instructions to eject first).  I leave the headphones plugged and loosely wrap the cord around the device, making sure the jack is not stressed.

I just bought the 8gb iPod Nano two weeks ago and could it already be broke?  Any suggestions?

-reply by Mary

Mary- I also have this problem with my 16GB 5th Generation Ipod5th Generation Ipod!

Upon waking up this morning and placing the headphones into the jack on my Ipod, I noticed that the volume was not being affected by the actual scroll on the Ipod. This, in turn, made me take the headphones out of my ears, and  I was dumbfounded to find that my Ipod was playing through the headphone jack, with the headphones plugged in.

I also recently purchased my Ipod, and to find that it is already disadvantaging me is quite irksome and disappointing. If anyone has any suggestions for a solution, please contact me.

I have gone through the trouble-shooting and restore options, I need out of the box ideas, please.

-Alex

-reply by Alexandra

Good Buy or Not??5th Generation Ipod!

This ipod nano 5th generation is nice the camera is good but the thing is I charge it until its full then I listen to it and it looses battery super fast wats up with that??

-reply by muah

Same Issue, 2nd time round...first 16GB one was worse. I5th Generation Ipod!

It is interesting to read your report about your I-pod. After returning my first which also had this problem and FM radio that didn't work, I have had it with the 5th generation. Seems to have more bugs, but then with all the extras they included it is no wonder.

I expected more from this product and it hasn't delivered. So, back to my 3rd generation and will make do until I can be certain they have a product that works.

There is nothing else you can do other than take it back. I didn't spend all my money for something that doesn't work. I'm sure there is a better product out there without all the bells and whistles, that isn't going to give me headaches every time I use it.

It was just a waste of time, energy and effort. Twice burned, and much wiser!

-reply by Barbara

I am a new iPOD  user and I have a iPOD Nano with video camera.I think it's a 5th generation. I find the lowest volume to be too loud for me and I would like to know how to lower the volume or if that is even possible.Any help appreciated. 

-question by tidy 7

Were not in the stone age anymore5th Generation Ipod!

Well... Lets think about this... Not every person in the world is computer-friendly, so most don't even know what FireWire is. Nobody uses FireWire these days except for those who are sitting in their cave with a rock and a stick trying to make fire... These days, computers don't really generally have FireWire slots... If you do, than I recommend that you come out of the Stone Age

-reply by N3rd

Problem with Ipod Nano 5th gen -Music without any bests or effects5th Generation Ipod!

Hi

I have issue with my Ipod Nano 5th Gen Nano-8GB ,somehow volume is not great ,no beats no bass no effects just plain music

Is it something to do with settings as when I play the same song with Nokia Express Music 5310 phone I have found it better there

I may be enraging few ipod fans but need your opinion

Rgds

DM

-reply by Dheeraj