xisto Community
devildude93

5th Generation Ipod!

It's just another Apple scam..well not scam..just another way to make more money. It can be good for hopolidays and stuff..but other than that.. you might as well buy a mini laptop... i mean you can get one for a similar price.As for the ipod mp3 things..they only can last you about 2 years..before the "Rechargable" batteries needs replacing which probably only available in the apple shops..costing around 20-50 pounds!! After a several years..your ipod batterry costs will build up.. in end paying over 100pounds more..

I will not be buying the 5th gen until Apple realizes they were morons for not releasing it with firewire support. All iPods until now have had firewire support, so why does this one not?

How does the speed of firewire compare with USB2. If I recall correctly USB2 is 50 times as fast as the original USB. Also a lot more people have USB ports then firewire ports.

Ipods play videos now! Let's all celebrate!!! W00t!!!!!!!!!!!Ok... now all we need is longer battery life and a camera built in!6t gen here we come!!!

Well. i think the new photo ipod is great... not sure if it could play divx or if you have to convert it into its own format. It would be great if it could play divx and all the other format.. so then i could watch my videos on it =PI recalled that someone talked about having usb 2.0 but not firewire?... Well.. to tell you the truth.. usb 2.0 can transfer up to 480 mega bits ...on the other hand, firewire can only transfer at 400 mega bits. Only mac support firewires unless PC users buy a Firewire PCI card for their PC. and 90% of all computers are PC. I think the reason why they didn't make it to support firewire because as most of you all know, apple is no longer using IBM processor, they switched over to intel. That means in the future, there will be MAC operation system available for PC. I'm guessing this is there first step.I wish somehow they could make the ipod have a removable battery. Instead of having to break open the case to change the battery, then reapply a new case. Each time they do that, it costs $105 including shipping and handling. I read on apple website that on average, ipod's battery life only last about 1 year. So... 105 x 5 years .. that equals to $525....

I have iPod Mini.And it doesnt have colored display.but i like it since its pretty small and after all 4 gb is good enough for me :) .I think it is 3rd generation ipod. dont know which is the 5th generation but i know the latest product of ipod is Ipod Nano.Yes its pretty good i believe.

my sister is pretty much interested on this 5th generation ipods, would anyone share their experience on this? I know for a fact that you can play video with it, how about the resolution, at that tiny screen is it really worth it?

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing as believer, I told my wife tonight when the commercial for this new Ipod came on t.v. that there was no way it could be worth it with that tiny screen even if the resolution was great. C'mon apple can do better than this for that price.

I think the ipod is great, I mean think about it. You can listen to musics, look at notes, play games, look at a clock. It makes a lot of things easier. I know you can listen to it in school if teachers are being boring, or you can go jogging with one. I myself have a ipod mini. Its not color but I don't need color because its not like I am going to look at a picture all day, but I will be listening to music and 1,500 songs is enough for me.

I think a lot of people are now using the PSP to watch videos because the sound and graphics are good and the screen is big enough. I really do not see the point in watching movies with such a small screen because personally i own a laptop and I watch my movies on a train. Now that experience is truly enjoyable. I cannot ever imagine myself squinting at a small screen watching a movie, getting to know the plot, but unable to enjoy the action and cinematics. I think that is a pity.So if you want to watch movies while on the go, go get a laptop with a DVD drive and you will not even have conversion and uploading to device headaches.

I have to agree. I can't stand watching tiny videos (when I watch videos on my computer, I always have to have them either full-screen, or at least half-screen in order to stay interested). There may not be a limit to how small a music player can get (within reason), but there's certainly a limit when it comes to video. Any screen that shows a fullscreen video at less than two or three inches square is too small for me; any less and you can't really tell what's going on, especially when there are minor details or small bits of reading that are essential to catch in order to understand the plot.

5th gen ipod, such a waste of money, they should just reduce the size of the 40gig ipod for people who want lots of songs, and dont want to watch a tiny video with a short battery life anyway, thats what portable video players are for

Precisely! I think everyone one here sort of agree that the idea is not a good one. However probably if they could work on battery life, a bigger screen and have say the screen on one side the buttons on remote or on the other side then the size of the screen could equal the size of the device. That means a fairly big screen without too huge a device. I also think that recent power technology has improved tremendously so if one is willing to pay for it, a powerful long lasting battery should not be a difficulty.

I got my 5th gen ipod not too long ago, its not a waste of money in my opinion , the older versions cost the same anyway . When i first got it took me some time to understand how to get movies and music ans tuff on but its great after you download everything! video is crisp, music is to and so are the photos

Hmm, if what you say is true, that the price is the same and the quality is good, then maybe the bargain is not all that bad after all. But you forgot to mention the screen size. Does it affect your enjoyment? Entertainment? Please share with us

Yeah I was at Compusa and it was awesome. It can do like everything now. It is like a hard drive. Just store a movie or music video and just play it. It is great for boring classes. Its like the best it can get. I dont tihnk there is anything else an Ipod needs to retrieve. Maybe like comcast or like direct tv but that i dont know if that will ever happend. BUt as of now i think they achieved everything. Especially for the size of the thing.