xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Myspace.com who has it, likes, dislikes, etc.

I agree with above post. Tried it for awhile and just got bored with it. Nothing really interesting happens there and the games get on my nerves. They stop after like 5 minustes or alittle more. Not sure why either.
round

I have a myspace, and I was wondering who else has one, and what do you think of their service.I got my myspace because they were giving away 10 NIN tickets, and I am a huge NIN fan. Anyway, once I got it, I started editing the page, and now it is all customed out (by myspace standards that is). At first I thought it was a really neat concept, but as time went on I started to notice a few things that aggrevate me.One thing is that they claim you can use dHTML, but they don't allow JS.Another is that the server seems to go down a lot. You get a lot of unexpected errors, and sometimes, can't even log in for hours. Other than that I do think that the networking capabilities for muscians is great. I have heard some great bands that would be only local if they didn't set up a myspace. That is really cool, because most of them aren't signed to a major record label, but they have an international reach.Lastly, I am not a huge fan of Rupert Murdoch, and myspace is owned by his company. That is my largest complaint, but still not enough for me to leave.Ok, your turn.reatum

I have a myspace, that is because my friend made me one. I don't really like using it. What you can do is limited, and my space is boring. There is nothing you can do beside post new entry and coments other people. It's so pointless because most of the friends you have on myspace, you see them everyday at school or online. I perfer the idea of using a forum to post ideas and talk about something than having a blog.

actually there are a ton of things that u can do with your myspace if you were to see mine it has a different background and its fun to play around with also now adays since myspace is getting so big...there are tons of sites that support it and have the coding to where you can do so many things...you can play music on your profile, you can change your background on your blog and on your profile you can comment on other people read other's blogs and altogether get a better understanding and a wider variety of online or in person friends. i know with mine it helps me to keep in touch with all of my friends that i went to high school with and stuff because i never get to see them anymore...i just figured id let u know that i do have a myspace and that i love it because of what you can do...now bloopdiary is a different story...i love that too but only cuz my friend is a moderator and he messes with mine and makes it look really neat. but anywayz....see you all around the boards

I did have a myspace account , but I forgot all the details I used for it, I don't really understand the real concept of it and I know it is where you meet peopel and stuff, but is that it? I also like the bands they are awesome and there are loads of them.

Yeah, my myspace is hooked up as far as myspace accounts go, and I actually have about 5 or 6 audio files on there with the flash mp3 player that I found somewhere. And an embeded eot font. But it is still very limited. Mostly because of there excessive use of tables and such. I have also heard that if you wanted to you could hide everything behind a flash player and have a flash myspace, but the loadtime sucks bad enough on there site. And for those of you who don't know what myspace is, it is kind of an online profile/blog site, where you can browse other users, see pictures of "them", read a personal blog, read profiles, and establish "friends", etc, etc. There are a lot of things you can do. But it is at its very best, in my opinion, a great place to find cool music.

I have MySpace for some odd reason. Don't ask why because I don't know. But if you want my MySpace name thing, pm me. And what is NIN?

195350[/snapback]

Nine inch Nails == industrial rock band

There is a great deal of cheesiness at myspace, but I think it's pretty cool. The errors and downtimes can be quite annoying. (on a side note, I didn't know about rupert murdoch owning it. *edits out rant about what he did to the dodgers*) I've started to use the blog there more than the one at my own site. My favorite part about all of it is going in and changing the layout and design of my page every week or so. I'm thinking about sort of intergrating my myspace page into my personal website a little more. That way, I might start thinking about my page a little more. instead of filling out all of those personal survey bulletins.

There is a great deal of cheesiness at myspace, but I think it's pretty cool. The errors and downtimes can be quite annoying. (on a side note, I didn't know about rupert murdoch owning it. *edits out rant about what he did to the dodgers*)

I've started to use the blog there more than the one at my own site. My favorite part about all of it is going in and changing the layout and design of my page every week or so. I'm thinking about sort of intergrating my myspace page into my personal website a little more. That way, I might start thinking about my page a little more. instead of filling out all of those personal survey bulletins.

195464[/snapback]

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I mean.. people do read the myspace profiles, so if you were to just post a link to your page on you space, you would get hits. It isn't just bands that can get there names out there thru myspace, but that is the largest group of people who use it for that.

ReAtum

omg i totally agree about the downtimes and what not it annoys me so much sometimes cuz i'll get an e-mail telling me i have a message or something and then i go to read it and i cant and when i really wanna know what that person said im just like COME ON! it bothers me sometimes but not all the time and the errors when you're trying to add friends bothers me too.... :lol: lol not really. its bothersome but the experiances and the people that you meet are well worth dealing with all the errors... ^_^