xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Abortion

Moderators/Administration - Please relocate if neccessary!

You're probably all tired of seeing a topic on abortion. And, possibly even hearing about it. I know, it's been a huge debate in the past and it still is today.

But, I want to pitch my two cents about it.

First of all, why do we call those who are FOR abortion, PRO-CHOICE? We call people against abortion, ANTI-ABORTIONISTS. So why not call people for it PRO-ABORTIONISTS?

This answer is simple: Abortion is UNNATURAL. Mothers aren't supposed to WANT to KILL their babies. Yes, abortion is MURDER. If a mother doesn't want her baby, something is wrong with that individual. I would say that the equivalence of abortion is throwing an infant off a bridge into a freeway. There's no difference, except the process in which they do it.

I wrote an essay on this in school. I had to look up the facts, the methods of abortion. Some of them are the most gruesome things you'll ever see, hear, etc. I won't expound on this as this is an open board.

I think that people need to THINK before they act. These days, more and more, teenage pregnancies are a huge thing. It's sad to say the least, but my highschool is ranked as the highest count of teen pregnancy rate in my state. I've already heard rumors of a Hispanic girl that's going to carry out with an abortion.

Everyday, somewhere around the world, a mother is making the choice wether she will kill her baby, or let another human being live.

I totally agree with you. And since many Anti-Abortionists are called Prp-Life, why not call Pro-Abortionists Pro-Death? Also, people say that abortion is a woman's right, and so a 13 year old girl can get one without even telling her parents! And that's looked upon as a cool thing in a lot of communities! Like you said, abortion is nothing but legal murder.

It's really sad. I also think that another big factor in a lot of abortions made by younger woman, is peer pressure. You can't avoid it, that's never NOT going to happen.

And since many Anti-Abortionists are called Prp-Life, why not call Pro-Abortionists Pro-Death?

And while we're at it, why don't we call anti-abortionists pro-sticking-their-nose-into-others-business?

It's called Pro-Choice because women should have a choice. We're not all out there wanting everyone to 'kill their babies." In a perfect world, there would be no need for abortion. Young girls with no alternative would not get pregnant, there would be no rape, women would not have life threatening conditions that would end in death for themselves or the child if they stayed pregnant. But the fact is- we need that option, we need to have the choice.

I totally agree BRad. It clearly says in the bible that we shouldn't kill. How is that any different now? People believe that just because something is totally developed they can say they can kill it. Abortion was never meant to be. People just use it as an excuse to get rid of their ungodly and bad decisions and choices. I am with you on this one. I will continue to follow this. Thanks,-Wild20

First of all, why do we call those who are FOR abortion, PRO-CHOICE? We call people against abortion, ANTI-ABORTIONISTS. So why not call people for it PRO-ABORTIONISTS?

Because it's about women being allowed to choose whether they want to have the child or whether they want to abort their pregnancy. Pro-Abortionist would mean as much as aborting pregnancies should become the rule while keeping the child would become an exception. Anti-Abortionists, however, are not necessarily Pro-Life since in some cases the mother's life is endangered due to pregnancy.

I would say that the equivalence of abortion is throwing an infant off a bridge into a freeway.

This is not true, an abortion in late weeks of pregnancy would rather be like giving an infant a lethal injection; throwing it off a bridge on a freeway would not only be followed by a charge of murder but also by a charge of dangerously disturbing traffic (well, at least in Germany throwing things off bridges on freeways is considered disturbing traffic).
In early weeks of pregnancy however, an embryo is nothing like an infant - organs and limbs are not really formed until the infant in spe is a couple of weeks old; I'm not sure when there is something like detectable brain activity. In this phase of pregnancy, an abortion would rather equal a scientist destroying a culture of cells he's been researching on than a fully-formed (though not grown up yet) human being being killed.
(I'm not going to declare a point at which the heap of cells ends and when a child begins since I haven't dealt with this topic in a long time ... but I'll stick to my opinion that there is a difference between early and late pregnancy...)

I wrote an essay on this in school. I had to look up the facts, the methods of abortion. Some of them are the most gruesome things you'll ever see, hear, etc. I won't expound on this as this is an open board.

wait until you have to deal with Female Genital Mutilation as practiced in some central african tribes (just one hint 'cause I don't want this debate to be led off topic: getting a new, clean razor blade is something most females being subject to this can consider themselves lucky...).
There is, however, no way destroying/killing something/someone can not be gruesome.

I think that people need to THINK before they act.

And people need to act when they have thought things through.

Like you said, abortion is nothing but legal murder.

I'd say it's rather a legal killing than a legal murder, though it might be murder under those circumstances which make the difference between a killing and a murder. Abortion to protect the mother's life, for example, would not be murder - or would you call a cop who kills someone to prevent this person from killing others a murderer?

well, the short form of this post has already been posted by brandice (though a world without rape/life threatening conditions is not necessarily a perfect world ... but it's closer to perfect than a world in which people tend to think black and white only or prefer not to think at all...)

I think that people need to THINK before they act. These days, more and more, teenage pregnancies are a huge thing. It's sad to say the least, but my highschool is ranked as the highest count of teen pregnancy rate in my state. I've already heard rumors of a Hispanic girl that's going to carry out with an abortion.

Everyday, somewhere around the world, a mother is making the choice wether she will kill her baby, or let another human being live.

194779[/snapback]

Abortion will never enter my mind ever. I cannot think of any women that would want to abort or murder their own children. it so bad init Every one has the right to live why not just give birth to the kid and if you still feel the same put them up for adoption its much better than killing them

We all know that it is most of these killers are the teenager mums init because they dont want their parents to know and hate them but the fing is that they will hate you now for aborting the baby.

Just know...

THINK BEFORE YOU ACT

I'm for abortion because it's the mother's choices. If she was to born a baby and cannot or could barely support that baby, both the mother and child wouldn't live a happy life. The mother probably have to go to work all day, leaving the child back in the house by him or herself. The child would basiclly grow up without a mother. And in most cases, that child will turn to the wrong direction like joining a gang, doing drugs, skip school. And sure, people say that, what if the infant that someone is aborting right now, could have been a genius and discover the cure the aids or something. But, what are the chances of a kid, growing up in that environment to become a genius? And not to say of having a stupid (in my point of view) mother that got pregnant at such a young age (i'm assuming).And what if someone got rape and was pregnant, and she have to keep the baby that would remind of what happaned all her life. Would it be fair for the woman?Another perspective of mine is, our world are over populated. People are dying of hungers everyday because of not having enough food. And yet we are still fighting for more babies to be born. As we know it, china is trying to cut back in their population and only allow a family to have certain number of kids. In some case, kill their girl child to have another boy because the boy could carry on the name of their family or to be head of the family (the oldest) (not sure if they are still doing it, but back in the day they did).

Well Brandice I cannot agree with you! PRO-CHOICE is something that makes this illusion that women can make a choice only if abortion is allowed! The truth is, that women have THE CHOICE of letting get pregnant or not!!! And this is important here because it is not talked about very often, because everybody is just talking why abortion is Ok and why not!Let us not forget the we first have to have SEX to get pregnant (when it comes to raping, that is different and is a part of different discussion). And this is where our mentality should change - we can have fun without having sex unprepared for children!!! There are many ways for that! BUT if we have sex we take the responsibility of having a child (maybe)! Another thing that i find interesting is, that doctors determine the size of the fetus and say YES NOW IT IS TOO BIG AND DEVELOPED TO BE KILLED!?!?! C'MON!It is like that....nothing grows without life in it!! And this is why life starts as soon as the sex was succesful and something starts to happen! Life does not come three weeks, 7 hours and 23 seconds after that moment, because DR. SMITH said so!!!So ABORTION IS MURDER! AND THE ONLY THING ONE HAS TO DECIDE IS if the baby will die 3 months old or maybe 80 YEARS old!!greetz

i don't agree with abortion in any cases even if you where raped, the baby didn't ask to be created, why is he going to pay with his life? women that don't want those babys can always give them in adoption.

just my two pennies worth.Fact one.Abortions happen.Fact two.not all pregancies are wanted.about fact one. a:do you know how many abortion go on every day? well it is probably more than you think, because the human body aborts by itself, without human intervention. sometimes this can be saved, sometimes, the woman does not even notice. and yes, that is technically an abortion, because the impreganted egg, had grown and had started to develop, but the body said, hang on a moment, there is something not right in this gene sequence, lets cut it loose. and off you go. How do you want to prevent this? Forcefeeding Thalidomid?b:Rich women will always abort, poor women will always abort. rich women don't die when they have an abortion, poor women die when they have an abortion. Why? Because rich women, can fly to Mexico, or get the best doctors money can buy. Poor women havn't got this luxury, so they go to the quacks, use a coat hanger, harm themselves. You won't stop them, neither the rich nor the poor. Fact two.Yes, it was a joy to hold my babys in my arms. but women get raped, by their husbands or by strangers, not all women and men are educated about how one gets pregnant, they think it will not happen outside marriage, and suddenly they are pregnant and 14. so what do you do? give people a save environment! No rape, plenty of education and free condoms, free contraceptive pill and morning after pill and free abortion - to rich and poor alike.the first is the prevention of unwanted pregnancies for all the reasons. and the second is the saving of the mothers life.Having said all that, yes, abortion is the interruption of a potential development of life and it is a sad and tragic decision that No-one wants to make. No-one. No-one. But unlike most of us, some woman are confronted with a situation they cannot cope with, what ever the reasons, so they need loving support and the possibility to make a choice. A choice what is best for them, their future, their baby and sometimes this choice is very difficult and goes against the baby. sometimes this choice is very difficult and a baby is born. which ever way. it is the womans choice. not her fathers, not her husbands, not the father of the baby, not her minister, not the popes, not the judges, not the press. It is that womans body that bears. It is hers. That's why it is pro-choice. woman make a choice for life. It is their responsibility and it is a difficult one. You should support them in their strife for life. Honestly. It is rewarding.

BUT if we have sex we take the responsibility of having a child (maybe)!

But you see, it's usually not 'we' who bear the brunt. It's 'she'. It takes two to procreate, but only one to give birth.

Another thing that i find interesting is, that doctors determine the size of the fetus and say YES NOW IT IS TOO BIG AND DEVELOPED TO BE KILLED!?!?! C'MON!  nothing grows without life in it!! And this is why life starts as soon as the sex was succesful and something starts to happen! Life does not come three weeks, 7 hours and 23 seconds after that moment, because DR. SMITH said so!!!

Well. Your comment pains me, but I don't want to go off topic so I'll just give my opinion on why I think 'Dr Smith' might not be the heartless powerfreak you seem to believe he is.

Wanting to be either a doctor or a biologist later in life, I'd like to think that some (most?) of us do have a sense of ethics. The reasoning behind Doctor Smith's advice, is that something without a nervous system cannot feel pain. Technically, aborting a ball of cells (what the 'baby' is before it fully develops) is tantamount to 'killing' a skin cell. (which you do continuously, and surely that isn't murder). However, nobody likes the idea of killing something which will feel the pain of being killed. But before the foetus has developped a nervous sytem, lungs and a digestive system can it really be said to be 'alive'? It can't feel, it can't think, it can't eat. Is it alive?

This answer is simple: Abortion is UNNATURAL. Mothers aren't supposed to WANT to KILL their babies. Yes, abortion is MURDER. If a mother doesn't want her baby, something is wrong with that individual. I would say that the equivalence of abortion is throwing an infant off a bridge into a freeway. There's no difference, except the process in which they do it.

Abortion is not unnatural. It happens all the time. Mistakes do happen during fertilisation: extra/missing chromosomes, or mutations so drastic that nature doesn't think the 'baby' (at this stage a ball of cells) is fit for living. Nature isn't fair. If She had her way we'd all be dying of small pox.

If a mother doesn't want her baby, something is wrong with that individual.

Spot on. Selfish people make despicable parents. If a mother aborts for selfish reasons (as you seem to believe) then surely she could never be a good mother? Would it be better for the ball of cells never to develop into a breathing, thinking individual or would it be better for this child to grow up with a horrible specimen of the human species for mother?

(when it comes to raping, that is different and is a part of different discussion)

194940[/snapback]

No, I don't think it is a different topic. There are times when the girl has no choice of whether they are pregnant in the first place. How do we stop rape and incest? Like I said, in a perefect world, all sex would be consentual, all people who did not want or couldn't support a child would use birth control that would be effective 100% of the time.

Abortion should not be used as the sole form of birth control. It would be great if there was no abortion, but it's needed in the world.

I have a close friend that is married and has a baby. But she nearly died after giving birth. Now, There's another situation where, as many precautions as she takes, if she does happen to get pregnant- abortion will be the only answer. When the mother's life is at risk, abortion is completely acceptable in my mind. And that's not a different topic either.

Let's put it this way shall we?Say you're raped and you get pregnant. Do you honestly want to have that baby and watch it grow knowing it was the baby of your worst nightmare? It's a choice! Just like smoking and non. You smoke, it's like slow suicide, and yet, we still smoke. It's optional on how you wish to live your life. Besides, in the 3 weeks/months not sure, the baby isn't even considered a life.