xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Abortion

So let me get this straight, you believe that just because a woman was raped, or made the very STUPID decision to have a intimate relationship while being unmarried is costing baby's their lives. But of course, its okay, as long as its a little baby right?! Quite interesting, you couldn't support the killing of a four year old or even a week old infant, but you can support one when its still in the mother! What you are accepting, is the fact that something that has breathed air before, is not a living being. Would you support it if you knew that some abortions suck the brains out, while the baby tries to scream inside! Tell me, what do you have to support your guys' claims? Would some of you kill your kids if they were to much trouble or brought back some painful memories? No! But of course there is nothing wrong with a baby. I could rant all day about quotes "Pro-Choice". But what we should really be thinking about is there real name. Which probably involves the word death.I know this is a little over the top, but why then can you people support it? The innocent children that could have become something great! Something wonderful, special, all taken away with a choice that killed them. Anything that has a heart beat and a brain is alive. Some people aren't willing to accept that. This is just my opinion. But one that I feel needs to be shared by a lot more people. Support the killing all you want, but as for me, I will have nothing to do with it and will fight against it as long as I live!

No matter how long we sit and discuss how evil or how much of a choice it is the fact still remains. We have no say untill one of us gets pregnant and has a choice. Or, we become president. But, I suppsoe I want to go into this.I do know the baby tries to scream. And honestly it doesn't change a thing for me. My aunt was brutilly raped by 3 men and was beaten and left for dead. She was pregnant and chose to keep the baby. Every night she sits in front of the mirror and cries looking at all the scars she still has from that night. Its horrible! She wishes every single day of her life that she had an abortion. She commited suicide when the baby was 14 and she grew up knowing how her mother came to have her and she married an evil man who hit her and beat her. She sits at the mirror every night crying wanting to kill herself but, not wanting to face her mother again so she takes it. My cousin died when she was 34 after killing her husband.Sad isn't it? I think so and those things SHOULDN'T happen! My family prays for them both. We loved both of them!Now, I'm PRO CHOICE just because I enjoy having a choice on my destiny and don't want 18 years of my life wasted for something I sit in fron of the mirror crying about anyways.emma :)

Unfortunattely,the civilisation get us to choice to make an abortion or not...I can't tell what is the proper choice...because,saddly today many girls start with sexual life,have relationship,etc.So,let supossed that a fifteen year old girl get pregnant,is the birth a real choice for her health,personality and lets think about the infant to,can she take care about the child in her years,is she mature enough to take care?I think that she is not,but maybe she is...On the other side,I'm against abortion for those mature persons,who is mature enough to take care for a child and who can give to the child everything for groving up.But they decide not to have a baby,because they want to make succes on their work,or something like that...then I called abortion,a murder.But,I think that the case is different from a situation to a situation...I don't know,maybe I'm wrong.

Actually Kitty, I completly agree. Not only does maturity need to be a big issue on the dissision, but so does money, time, and such. If your working 3 jobs just to have enough to feed yourself and have bearly time to sleep. I believe having a baby is a bad choice. But, also, if your a rich, timefull women by all means HAVE THE FLIPPING KID! lolLove, Emma! :)

I'm sorry to hear that Emma. But the baby could have been given up for adoption. We don't always know about why things like this happen. But would ending the child's life have been a better decision. She may have killed her husband, but that was a bad choice on her part. Divorce would have been an option if things were realy that bad.I don't think you realize the potential she could have had. Every baby has the potential. When it grows older, it makes the coice of who she/he wants to become. The potential is always destroyed by a parent who couldn't even give the chance of adoption to that baby.I just think you would rather have a child that brings back bad memories destroyed and removed from the face of the earth huh? Even if it had great potential, you would rather see it die! Is that it? Give children a chance, many families can't have children of their own.

Then they can adopt but, sadley I will always be a firm believer of choice. Every baby may have potential yes, but, couldn't that potential just to die horribly? You don't know it could be a terrible fate! We should have choice! We live in America, home of the FREE! Which means we are free choice. Therefore we are never going to be without choice. Ther eis always going to be some rich snobs that kill their babys, be it on their own or by a trained professional. Either way, the baby will die if she chooses that.But, I do think that unless it's NOT at ALL what you want, then use protection and you can have an abortion. But, unless it's an extreme have the baby!My mom was told she could NEVER have kids and yet here I am

But you seal the potential of that baby by killing it. It would be better for a child to have the chance, than none at all.America is home of the free, but it is also founded on God and the basis of Christian morals. This does not include killing baby's because:1. You made that stupid decision, or2. Because you were raped. Like I said, the child will have a better chance in a adoptive home.And like I said before, you can have the choice to change the situation your in. You don't have to die horribly, you don't have to stay with an abusive husband, you don't have to keep a baby. You can always make the circumstances better. But by aborting the baby, you just make it worse.

Ah, now we add in religion. Not everyone is christian. I'm not, personally I hate religion. I'm not rude to people that have any religon aand I'll listen to what they have to say. But, this will never change, it's all about CHOICE, maybe you cna't afford to go to the hospital and have the baby. Maybe it's against your religion to get pregnant, I don't know, but, no matter what it is you will always have the choice to have the baby or not. No matter how long we argue the fact still remains, America is Pro-Choice.

Listen Emma, there are always other options. Would you rather see a child die? Can you answer that? America may be "pro-choice", but like I said, it is really pro-death. It gives you the option to kill. A power that is not for us. What would you think is you weren't here because your mother had been an aborted baby? I do believe you would think differently. But yet you destroy priceless generations all in the name of choice. And this is leaving God out of it. You accept that life after life after life will be destroyed, because of one bad senerio. The precious lives out there today because people didn't have an abortion.You can go on in your pro-choice, but hear this and remember, by abortion, you destroy someone that could one day become something not only great, but a blessing to someone else's life. You also accept the heavy risk. I cannot imagine someone saying that it doesn't matter and that they don't care. That is why I can't believe your atittude toward this. Do you have any siblings, what if they weren't here right now? Imagine life without anyone you love. That is what you do with abortion. Just think about that for a while,... Okay?

to say teh honest truth I would love not to be here! Actually I would love my brother not being here. I mean honest to everything. I think it's choice, you may call it pro-death, but, why not call those who think we don't have a choice pro-controal? Cuase that's al it is complete controal.

No, its not about control, its about what is right. Like I said, you may wish you aren't here, you may wish your brother isn't here, you may even wish no one is here, but we are, and like I said, by abortion, you end the chance for a child to be something great. Remember Emma, you can change the situation you're in, you don't have to live a miserable life, you choose to not because you have to, but because you don't see the "bigger" picture. We all have our life to live, you have yours too. I personally believe that God has a plan for us in life. Those who follow it are happy, contented, and peaceful. Those who don't aren't always miserable, but they will never know the real joy in life. I have that joy, I am content, and I know that I am a lot better off than when I was without God. But you can still make your life better.This is again, why I am for life! Because you have the oppurtunity to make something of yourself. Where death ends, life begins, and if you gave every aborted baby a chance again in life, I bet you would find nine times out of ten, a wonderful creation and a normal happy life. Sure the bad times come, but one spoiled apple in life doesn't mean all the apples will be that way.

Abortion - the perennial favourite of Debates held everywhere.In a nutshell, I'll give my opinion, then you won't hear from me anymore because I think that I have a fairly good grasp on my thoughts about the topic, so here goes...Medically, there are good procedures and guidlines which can be used to determine when the process is safe for the mother. Of course, the procedure is never safe for the fetus.And there are valid reasons for the Abortion process. When a pregnancy jeoparodizes the Mother's health and well-being, it is an acceptable option. Notice that the "well-being" includes a conception from unacceptable sources, ie: rape, incest. The birthing of the fetus would not be good (long term) under these circumstances for the psychological well-being of the mother and perhaps not for the fetus, either.So, having said these things, you might guess where I'm going. And here it is: Yes, there is a time and a place for acceptable, clinically determined Abortions. Generally, when the Mother's life and or health is at risk. Now here is the balance of my opinion: Abortion and Birth Control are two seperate things. Don't confuse them. Using Abortion as a form of Birth Control is, in my most humble opinion, not right. If you play with fire, you may get burned. That's easy enough to understand, so if I may take the statement and adapt it to this discussion it would become: If you have sex, you may get pregnant. And that comment is not directed to the Ladies reading this thread. It is for all of you. Yes, you guys, too. To summarize: yes and no for Abortion. I believe there is a time and a place, but from what I see in North America at least, there is far too much of it going on for the wrong reason.JMHO

No, its not about control, its about what is right.  Like I said, you may wish you aren't here, you may wish your brother isn't here, you may even wish no one is here, but we are, and like I said, by abortion, you end the chance for a child to be something great.  Remember Emma, you can change the situation you're in, you don't have to live a miserable life, you choose to not because you have to, but because you don't see the "bigger" picture.  We all have our life to live, you have yours too.  I personally believe that God has a plan for us in life.  Those who follow it are happy, contented, and peaceful.  Those who don't aren't always miserable, but they will never know the real joy in life.  I have that joy, I am content, and I know that I am a lot better off than when I was without God.  But you can still make your life better.

This is again, why I am for life!  Because you have the oppurtunity to make something of yourself.  Where death ends, life begins, and if you gave every aborted baby a chance again in life, I bet you would find nine times out of ten, a wonderful creation and a normal happy life.  Sure the bad times come, but one spoiled apple in life doesn't mean all the apples will be that way.

197138[/snapback]

Sorry Wild20, but you are male aren;t you?

You will never have to make the choice. Your sister might, your daughter might, your mother might have been in that situation. But if you are male, you don;t have to make this choice. So how can you even start to understand what people go through, when they consider abortion or when they are raped?

You say:

there are always other options.

197138[/snapback]

And I say:

No, there are not.

Yes, in an ideal world, there would be options. But we don;t live in an ideal world. Why was the woman raped in the first place?

Stop all rape and then you might stop all abortions.

What do you know about the guilt that a raped person has? the way of feeling dirty because there has been a violation by an abnormal bastrrrtt? and then keep it? alive? For nine month? Every day being reminded of this atrocious act of destruction? Every single day during pregnancy? Why do you want to punish this woman again? What gives you the right to punish this woman again? What makes it right to torture this woman again? What makes it right?

Every single death is atrocious. And every single death should be prevented. But every day millions of people die. Willingly and unwillingly. - in car accidents, on elevators, on kitchen stairs.

Those people are robbed of their potential - the scars they leave behind are countless.

In an abortion the choice is the well being of the mother against her suffering. I want to console these woman. That they make a choice for life. Their life, yes, a destruction of another life, maybe. But they have to retain the possibility to make a choice for their life either way.

I hope you will understand that that can be something positive as well.

to sumarise:

Pro Choice does not mean abortion, pro choice means - giving a choice.

you can change the situation you're in, you don't have to live a miserable life,

there are different levels of leading a miserable life. You can be content with your life circumstance and still lead an objectively miserable life. You might want to change your life, but after working 12 hours a day you just don;t have the physical ability to work your forth job. Going to church on Sunday will not give you a job - it might, but all to often it does not, don't give up hope though.

you choose to not because you have to, but because you don't see the "bigger" picture.  We all have our life to live, you have yours too.  I personally believe that God has a plan for us in life.

I know that God has a plan for my life, too. I don;t simply believe this. But because I know of this I also know that I have to be caring of my neighbor. And caring for my neighbor means looking after them and giving them the possibility to have a protected life. To grow and to make the right decision - under guidance - for themselves. Now these decisions are decisions THEY have to make for themselves - and before God, I have to help them make these decision. When I talk - I have to see, what is best for this person I talk to. How strong is she. What are her circumstances? How does she cope with life? What does it mean for her to be pregnant? What are her plans for the future? When we talk we can find out these things. We hear her position and we hear her feelings. Some of these feelings can be encouraged. Feelings of strength, feelings of trust, feelings of joy, feelings of expectations. But sometimes there are feelings of doom, of destruction, of unhappiness, of harm. persistent. What do you do?

Guilt does not end with adoption.

Yes OCAC, I am a guy. Why that makes any difference, I have no idea.In an ideal world we have tons of options. Like I said, You seal the fate of everything that dies in your hands. You accept the fact that this innocent life will no longer be able to have the chance to live a normal and happy life. Either from a stupid decision or because it happened for a reason beyond your control. But adoption is an option you have and should ALWAYS be considered.To me, it seems that as a Christian, you should be against it. After all, I don't seem to recall any verses in the Bible supporting killing a baby. Can you come up with any? I believe you will find it quite empty on this subject. But you can find several verses against abortion. One is one that you should no already. It's in Exodus and commands that we are to not kill.Another thing. When in the center of God's will, you will be happy and contented wherever, or whatever your situation you may be in. So many people think that a happy life comes with a job, or a nice home, or even money. But God condemns all of this as your center of life. Look at the disciples. They had nothing and followed Jesus where ever He went. They even died for Him in the end. And they were happy.I also understand that the feelings a woman may go through during the nine monthsmay not be the happiest, but rember that even a life formed from this could be great. The mother will always remember the trauma anyway, but the life she will save will be worth it I believe. The child could be something amazing. The next great evangelist, the next great missionary. Something maybe even more! By having the woman be remined a little more about the incident, you will at least give the gift of life. Is it right to kill? Never. Is it right to rape? Of course not. But will you add to the pain of sin by then ending a life. What if that child became a Christian and was the only person to tell another about God? And it was that person's only chance to God? Would it then be right kill that person's only hope? Guilt may not ALWAYS and with adoption, but it begins with the ending of the life and abortion.