xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Google Name Search

I was jsut thinking, you know how you can type someones name into the Google search engine and get they're address, their phone number. Just about anything you need to know about the person. I think this is a series infringment on ones right to privacy. What does everyone in the Trap 17 community think about this matter. It will be really interesting to find out. Thank you for your opinions.

not sure i would concider this huge infringment on my privacy. You've been able to do this forever now. That's what happens when google marries the yellow pages. The same people who can do a search on the internet for you telephone number, are the same people who can find it in the yellow pages or just by calling (411 in canada).round

I Totally agree with the fact that google doesn't respect privacy!And more, just for you to know, google is the number one tool for hackers, and great help for bandits.

There yet to hit someone to fightback at them for it. Take alook around, How many other forums out there, have a devoted place to Google,alot. But how many have ones for Hotmail and Yahoo besides all the how to hack and help sites. Its todays world of internet, people couldn't predict the way internet would turn out, and how it would be used. People exploit there ways for money. Everything is money today, with Petrol (Or GAS) so high in te word. No wonder why, we want money everywhere.

i always type my name to google and other search enginees to find if there is some of my details.if i got it.then i will check the site and told the administrator to deleted my information.but sometimes they always don't delete my information i just not enter any of my information to the web since i found my name easily searched throught the search enginner and my privace information to be out.

I was jsut thinking, you know how you can type someones name into the Google search engine and get they're address, their phone number. Just about anything you need to know about the person. I think this is a series infringment on ones right to privacy. What does everyone in the Trap 17 community think about this matter. It will be really interesting to find out. Thank you for your opinions.

Though I do agree it could be considered a violation of privacy, what goes on the internet is legally considered public domain, for the most part (I think ...)

And it can lead you to fairly interesting results when googling names of yourself or others. Who would have thought that three other people (at least) have the same exact name as mine (I don't have a "common" last nor first name)

I think you are right there ZPGames that is a bump against privacy and other matters involving personal life and relationships.
You should have a right to have your privacy without some stranger calling your haouse and saying they got you phone # off google. And there is actually some things that go on in your life you dont want some people knowing

I do web searches on my name, but I don't find anyinformation about me. The only way you can find such information is if you or someone else posts that kind of information about you online. If you didn't want your personal information to show up on the web, you shouldn't have been so careless in giving it out. Just remember, any information you type on a computer is never safe these days with Spyware.

If someone knows your name then they can find out lots of information with out the use of google. Depending on your Age and what you do in society. Lots of records are public because thats what we want. The world is becoming insular as it grows - so enjoy the growth and just be careful. Keep a close eye on your credit card bills and bank details. Use a different set of passwords - or even change them every so often. Also set up a email account for signing in too everything like a junk account - hotmail etc. Have a email account that is only for important details and friends.

Replying to ZPGamesI don't like the idea of people being able to look into my private life.I was very upset when I put in my name and seen how easy it was for someone I don't want to know where I live can pay a fee and get whatever information they want about it. Who get's the money for this info? It sure isn't the person who's being looked up.No wonder society is the way it is. No privacy whatsoever.Free country. What a joke.-reply by Vy Eddleman

The problem is that, before the Internet, phone books were local. Beyond a certain geographical area, it would take a lot of effort to get somebody's phone book info. With the Internet, the whole world can now access it with a few keystrokes. Also, you had the option of being unlisted in the phone book. With all of the database services emerging now, you need to constantly search for yourself if you don't want your info available to the world.