xisto Community
EricDrinkard

Free Html Editor

Just looked at it, looks decent but i use dreamweaver so i really dont need a html editor.

[/quote html editor are no good use dreamwaver

A great HTML/code editor is CPANEL File manager code editor, it supports about 15 languages for syntax highlighting, and, as it is on the server, you just click save and it is online!Also, there is a way of obtaining the paid version of open-office (start office) for free - legally!Just get the google pack! it includes star office, and you dont have to install anything else if you dont want to!

Edited by minimcmonkey (see edit history)

Or just use cPanels File Managers Text editor for HTML files. :D I made a banned page etc. :D It is actually easy for me to just code the css then do the rest with the "Design" option instead of the "Source" option. :D

cPannel is fantastic and easy to use! I really would recommend this and you can make the page you want is seconds!

NVU is a free WYSIWYG HTML editor, which is reputedly almost as good as Dreamweaver - but it doesn't cost a cent.
It's available for Windows and Linux.

I used NVU once before and it has served me well....but then I saw Dreamweaver and fell in love with that. NVU is good for people who can't afford Dreamweaver.
Edited by ZettaAIR (see edit history)

hey you all should download kmpozerits the best and and also easy to edit any html file and also cssits cool and also runs on linux , windows mac try itall the best

open office is for linux right, if it was for windows its useless. Still open office is really good!

OpenOffice runs on both Linux and Windows, but you'd normally see it included with most modern Linux distributions aimed at desktop users. If you buy a new computer that comes with a trial version of MS Office, you could switch to OpenOffice. I still notice a couple of layout issues in documents that I open with OpenOffice, but at least it works.

I like using Notepad++ for all my quick editing needs - it takes a couple of seconds to get DreamWeaver or Visual Studio started. Notepad++ is both open-source and free!

BTW, I worked on a Java-based text editor called NText. It didn't really take off due to a lack of commitment from the developers (myself included; I had a lot of stuff going on at the time), but if you would like to work with the source code of NText, I could walk you through it.
Edited by k_nitin_r (see edit history)