xisto Community
EricDrinkard

Free Html Editor

I generally like OpenOffice.....It's a pack for those who can't afford a very expensive package like the antagonistic Microsoft Office...(ofcourse...).....Suggestion : Try it and you may like it more...

NVU is a free WYSIWYG HTML editor, which is reputedly almost as good as Dreamweaver - but it doesn't cost a cent.
It's available for Windows and Linux.

I agree about NVU.
Did you know it's created using the gecko rendering engine which was used to create mozilla suite, firefox, thunderbird and others.
Since this program WYSIWYG it's a milestone for open source. The best we had so far in open source is the Quanta HTML editor, which was not WYSIWYG
:P

lol guys just use notepad for HTML it takes very little RAM and is just great.

Notepad is great, but sometimes I will use Dreamweaver if something isn't working right because you can preview your work. With notepad you would have to save it, upload it, and then go to your site (it gets annoying). Some HTML editors are just a little more convenient. If I'm just doing a quick change or something I'll use notepad.

Notepad is great, but sometimes I will use Dreamweaver if something isn't working right because you can preview your work. With notepad you would have to save it, upload it, and then go to your site (it gets annoying). Some HTML editors are just a little more convenient. If I'm just  doing a quick change or something I'll use notepad.

Who says you have to upload? Just save as an *htm, *html, etc file, then open with your default browser. This would prolly help with the annoying factor.
Just my 2 pennies...

No offense meant.

OpenOffice is NOT an HTML editor. It is a group of office applications to replace Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher) + Calc.AceHTML Freeware is the best free XHTML editor there is out there. At least for now...