xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
E-Sector

Use The Xbox Processor In A Gc!

Do you think it is possible to put in a Xbox processor into a GC? Do you think that the games should work good then?Or maybe you need to change some bios settings?Or... Put in the PS2:s Emotion Engine processor in the Xbox, if it was possible, I think the games would run VERY slow! What do you think?Or... Ad an apple Power PC processor into a GC, i think the games have bin running to fast then.... :huh:

I thought console games are made to run specifically for the parts put in them? Also, why wold you want to put a Xbox CPU in a gamecube? Seems kind of pointless to me.

it is possible, u might need to take it all appart, then find out what type its running. Then maybe check it out. Its kinda like trying to install a mod chip to play burned PS2 games or something like that =/

It's possible......but it's a little too far fetched.....

The games are made to run on their independant systems, given each systems specs and how they each play the games. If you go swapping parts around, it could speed up / slow down gameplay, and that wouldn't be fun at all

Do you think that the games should work good then?

You don't think GC games run good at all? Don't get me wrong, I'm an Xbox guy myself, and I like Xbox's version of games that span across all the platforms, but I've got to say that games that are GC only really do hold their own

The opening post confused me a little bit, If you are talking about emulating the GC and ps2 on the Xbox, then its not possible. You need a computer alot more powerful than what you are emulating, at this moment in time, the most powerful thing the Xbox can emulate is the N64, and it doesn't do that too well.

Actually hardware isn't an issue for emulation. If you go around looking for stats, the xbox, gamecube and ps2 have absolutely pitiful hardware. Think like less than 64 MB RAM, less than 733Mhz CPU, etc. Also: I'm pretty sure you can't swap hardware between consoles. I don't think the different CPU's, video cards, etc. support the same instructions (this is really advanced computer stuff, even more so than simple code, for instance ATI and Nvidia cards actually have very different commands, games look about the same on the different cards because programmers had to adapt the shader code)

I am pretty sure that you should not do this. I am betting that all of these consoles are under some kind of patent law so you would not be allowed to modify it until the patent expires. You can get in serious trouble for modifying things that are patented (thats what I have heard anyway). Even if you are allowed to it wouldn't work anyway or people would have done it by now.

As has been mentioned before, actually significantly modifying the hardware in a console would probably screw around with it too much. Sure with the Xbox people modded it by adding bigger hardrives, and I believe flashing the OS and replacing it with Linux. However, actually changing an integral component such as as the CPU or even the GPU would firstly require a lot of skill, as these componenets are custom designed for the machine, I'm guessing its not just a matter of pulling one chip out and replacing it with another like in a PC. Also, as the system is design to run on that specific hardware, I'm not sure how stable you'd be able to get it, if you could get it running at all.All in all, I'd say highly improbable, but if someone can do it, props to them, though I really do see little point in the end.

well, I think it would help the playstations a lot. Ever since I played my first game on the playstation I noticed it has a long loading time, and it still hasnt changed on playstation 2. I hope they do something about it on the next console. I remember playing resident evil on the first playstation and you would have to wait 2 minutes every 5 minutes for a stupid ugly door animation to open.

I dont think this is possible. CPUs from different manufactorers have different specification, from hardware level like Voltage and frequency, to internally the number of registrars and 32 bit / 64 bit bus. You can't simply switch the CPU to make a game run faster. The greatest gaming CPU nowadays I think is still AMD FX series. But no one ever dreams of putting it into any console, probably because it is still too expensive. Many console makers actually make a loss selling them, they gain from other sources. It is not of their interests to use the best CPU available on the market.