xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Computer Problems - Hanging/crashing PC Randomly Crashes And Hangs, Ideas?

I recently got a new computer, a NEC i-Select D5410. A few days ago it started to randomly crash, and all inputs and outputs were cut. The monitor displayed "No Signal", the keyboard and mouse stopped working and the speakers cut out, yet the power light remained on, and the fans were still spinning. Opening the DVD and CD drive still worked, so it isn't a power or mobo failure, as far as I am aware.In an attempt to remedy the problem I have moved the computer into a more open area to try and improve air flow, as I belive the problem is overheating or lack of air circulation.I was just wondering if anyone on Xisto has ay other ideas on what is causing the problem or how to fix it.Thank you in advance.

I think it has a lot of spyware. There should be programs just popping out saying that you could fix the spyware by downloading it, DONT DOWNLOAD IT! That IS the spyware. Go to this legal site, and download this great spyware deleter! Download the first ones. Hope you fix your computer soon.

sounds like a virus, or a really weird problem in the motherboard. Did you actually check to see if the wires were cut or not (sorry, but I'm not kidding, that happened to me once- my freind got mad and unplugged everything while I was in the bathroom one day :huh:)I don't know, that dosen't sound good. Take it to your local computer store, they should know what to do.

OK, there is no spyware or viruses. I have checked with Norton and AdAware and all that, I'm clean.All the cables are in correctly, both inside and outisde the case.Some more information if you need it:Windows XP Home SP2ATI Radeon X600 Graphics1GB RAMAMD 3700+ ProcessorCan get the rest of the specs if you need them.

Well there might be several reasons for this! First of all you should scan your computer with antivirus software and adware or similar program to detec spyware on your computer! Then if that won't help I suggest you to format the drive on which you have windows installed - backup all the important files first!! When you format your computer all software-driven problems will be gone and this way you'll find out if there is software that causes your system to work like *BLEEP* and crash! If that won't help then the only thing i can suggest to you is that you take it back to where you bought it and request help there, beacuse there is something wrong with the hardware or the setup of it...i hope it helps...greetz

I recently got a new computer, a NEC i-Select D5410. A few days ago it started to randomly crash, and all inputs and outputs were cut. The monitor displayed "No Signal", the keyboard and mouse stopped working and the speakers cut out, yet the power light remained on, and the fans were still spinning. Opening the DVD and CD drive still worked, so it isn't a power or mobo failure, as far as I am aware.

In an attempt to remedy the problem I have moved the computer into a more open area to try and improve air flow, as I belive the problem is overheating or lack of air circulation.

I was just wondering if anyone on Xisto has ay other ideas on what is causing the problem or how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

192452[/snapback]

I personally believe your problem also has something to do with overheating. No signal usually means that there is no signal being receieved from the gfx card or onboard video. Worst case scenario you might have burnt out the video portion on your mobo. Other things I can think of are, maybe your monitor stopped functioning. Have you tried to use your pc with another monitor? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I wont ask you if you spilled any drinks on your monitor or anything. LOL. (did you?) :huh: Hey, if you "recently" got the computer then call up NEC. Thats what warranties are for.

I'm pretty doubtful that something like that would be a virus, especially after you said that you scanned it with Norton and AdAware. however, you may want to check that Norton is using a recent Virus Definition file just to be sure (make sure Norton is fully updated to the most recent version).It could have something to do with BIOS settings, for instance, it's been overclocked badly or is configured incorrectly. I suggest you access your BIOS and take a look around in there. but if you are going to do this, make sure you know what you are doing and are constantly cross-checking with the motherboard's manual to make sure you're fixing it and not making the problem worse.Also you could try running MSConfig (Start->Run->MSConfig) and disable all the stuff under 'services' and 'startup' that you know for a fact you don't need. after all, the problem could be something as simple as a service conflict - that's what was happening on my computer, and my Dad just started disabling startup options and services. the problem rectified itself virtually immediately.But, on the other hand, overheating could definately be the problem. install another fan maybe.Ok hope something out of that helps.good luck :)

it sounds to me like the processor is overheating.i had a similar problem when my processor fan starting running slow due to the amount of dirt in the fan.as your pc is new , it will not be dirt in the fan but could be a faulty fan , is it noisy ?the fan can also be mounted on the processor 180 degrees out of align ... there is a cutout in the fan heatsink that has to line up with the processor zif socket.if it is 180 degrees out the heatsink is then at a slight angle with the processor and therefore does not effectively take the heat away from the processor.look in bios ... some show you you fan speed and processor temp.you could also get diagnostic software for windows to show you this info if it is not in your bios .... just google "motherboard monitor" ..... its freeware.

hanging/crashing problem

Computer Problems - Hanging/crashing

Replying to rvalkassI had the same problem. After several check ups I finally found that the hanging/crashing was due to trouble in SMPS of my system. After changing the SMPS my computer is now working OK.

-reply by Rangarajan, India

My problem

Computer Problems - Hanging/crashing

Once my younger brother insert the sound card in pci bus but the system is running while inserting.When he insert the system has been hang and after the the system hanging while running a setup.So I think the sound card has been defected so I eject the card from pci but the system hanging after eject the card.My brother tell me that when he insert the card one pci a little bit of fire has been obtained just like the small line of fire so tell me please what was the problem on main board.

-reply by Jayesh Bajpai

I doubt that this problem could be malware/virus/spyware related. After all, you did say it was a new computer and in addition, you already scanned your computer using your anti-virus/anti-spyware programs. If you got a reinstallation disc with your computer, I recommend reformatting your harddrive and reinstalling a fresh new install of your operating system - that way you're sure that there are no software issues and no unnecessary system manufacturer programs. If you can't even start up the reinstallation with a new disc, then you know its a hardware issue and if you still have warranty on it, then return it and ask for a replacement. If your reinstallation does work, it might be some drivers that weren't updated with your hardware.

There are many things this could be - But if you are sure its not the motherboard itself, then it is most likely the BIOS.Maybe the motherboard has lost the BIOS files. Im not exactly sure how you can resolve this yourself - but if that is the problem, you should send it the manufacturer, as you could end up "bricking" the motherboard, if you try to fix it yourself.I dont think that the problem could be any time of virus / malware / spyware, as generally these will not destroy the computer, just make it run badly.