xisto Community
FuChelle

Guys That Won't Talk At Women Very Annoying

For this story to make sense...and for those of you who may not know, I thought I should tell you all that I am a girl. Now with that said, on with the story...Ok, so the other day my family's computer broke down (it needed a new hard drive), and since I am the only person in my family that really knows a fair bit about computers, it was my job to fix it. Not that that's a bad thing. It can be fun fixing computers. So anyway...In the search for a new hard drive my mum, brother and I went to this computer warehouse type thing where they sell all sorts of gadgets and computer parts. So, we ask this guy there if he has this a hard drive that will fit into our computer...and then the most annoying thing happened. The guy kept talking at (and only at) my brother. I felt like I was invisible. I was so annoyed, I almost walked away. I swear just a few seconds longer and I would have! Here I was trying to ask this guy questions and explain what was happening, and he wouldn't even look at me. He would answer questions I asked while looking at my brother. Then he would ask other questions while looking at my brother. My brother would answer his questions but only knew the answers based on what he already knew from me explaining to him and my mum what was going on. I'm kinda annoyed at my brother too for not telling the guy that it wasn't actually him who was fixing the computer, but anyway.Then, this guy started going off on some weird tangent saying something about maybe it's not our hard drive maybe it's this program...or maybe you need this program blah blah blah...I kinda tuned out since wouldn't even acknowledge me. My brother was just standing there like "yeah", "yeah", "ok" pretending he knew what was going on. In the end I just got so annoyed I just said in this kinda raised, probably annoyed voice exactly what we needed and why, and he just goes "oh" then showed us over to what we needed and walked away...never came back.It was so annoying. I've heard of other men that won't look at women when talking to them. It's happened to my mum a few times, and I have heard her complaining about it. Now I know what she means. It made me feel stupid. Like I was a useless, brainless girl that couldn't possibly know a thing about computers. It sucked!!...to say the least.So...yes. Guys, be warned, please don't do this. Unless you really want to make a girl mad! Girls...have any of you here experienced similar to this? Or I guess the situation could be reversed. Are there any guys here that have tried talking to girls who wouldn't look at them? If you haven't, trust me, you don't want to.Back to the computer (if anyone's interested) it's fixed now. I went somewhere else and got what I needed, brought it home, and fixed it all up. ALL BY MY GIRLY OLD SELF!!!

Heh, Funny incident. I think the boy was way too shy to look at you and talk. Or he might be damn scared of your brother and was only talking to him just assuring him that "man, I m not staring at your sister and I am a good guy".. Or he is gay :ph34r:.

That's a sad story! How lame can some people be?? My best friend is a girl and a computer guru! She has a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology!!Anyway, there is one more possible explanation: He is a fully-fledged computer geek and has never had the opportunity or courage to talk to women without a chat-room!! :ph34r:

It?s the same thing that when you go to buy something with your father (even when you are a boy). Clich?s say that only men know about computers and we have to admit that there is a higher porcentage of boys interested in computers than girls. So, we all try to be equitative but probably you do these kind of mistakes also. I?m sure most of us expect that a girl is better at cooking than a boy or that a boy has more knowledge and ability in some sports but don?t know about clothes or make-up... they?re all generalizations but we do them.Anyway it?s too much that he didn?t even bow the head at you. Another possible cause is that he understood that your brother didn?t know too much about computers and talking to him could be better (because obviously the customer could sell him whatever he wanted).

I'm a girl too, and i can understand what you feel because it exactly happened me once too, in my country (Mexico) i was in a game store one day, and i wanted to buy my friend (that is a guy) a memory stick for his nintendo and this guy was explaining me what was a nintendo, and what a memory stick was... it was so annoying... of course i got my temper and told him that i perfectly knew what nintendo and memory stick where...You see this thing of 'macho' was good seen by my country the society dunno 60-70 years ago, and that attitude hasn't been erased after all those years, they are still a few 'machos' out there, but i don't think it's just a country-thing because they are a lot of men that act like that too. the only thing that i can say to those guys is that they're never gonna get a wifey with that attitude, because no girl in her 5 senses could like a guy that acts like this, except maybe in the islamic religion (sorry if i spelled it wrong, or if im wrong) i wonder why do women don't fight for they're rights, because they have them under a veil...and this wondering takes me to the conclusion that maybe the men are frightened that women can be more you know strong than them.

This things happens. It is becuase of how we look in front of them. My experience was this sales clerk didnt pay much attention to me when I said I want to order a customize laptop worth $2300 for my friend. It maybe becuase I was just wearing a chuck tailor, a white shirt, pants and a back pack. So what I did was bring my friend who looks more mature than me, but still I did all the talking and the clerk pay little attention to me. The problem is my friend knows very little about this things so it took us almost 30 minutes to figure out what kind of setup the laptop will be. People most of the time judge us of how we look.

lol somewhat weird of the guy, but maybe he isn't self-confident towards women.I can remember myself a few years ago, when a pretty woman asked me something I was like "uhhmmm" and no way I looked her in the eyes :huh:

Well, it's all fault of human perception. In the socity it looks like there are some jobs that are reserved for guys and girls can not even dare to enter this teretory.But I must say it is totally wrong. Girls can do almost any thing that boys can do. Actually girls can do every thing better than the boys, But there are people out there who think that the girls are just not used to do that perticular hard job.Computer Hardware field is one of the fields that is primerily male dominent. Even I haven't seen many girls who can even format their hard drives or know what the jumpers are?Any ways whenever I've to go and fix a system or have to give advice on buying a computer, I ask the female members of the customergroup first because they have a better sense of design, Amazingly the girls take interst in the computer systems more then guys if we just encourage them a bit.My Perception: Computer's might have no feelings for girls but the boys have ;-)Conclusion: Boys love to talk to girls, But sometimes they are afraid that they might not get the proper answer from a girl if they talk about computers and other technical stuff.

This is a result of inexperienced sales people. In most "gadget" or computer stores, they are typically high school kids. This means they really don't have much experience selling to people. I'll admit that this does happen with older more experienced sales people as well but not nearly as often.For example, if a lady went to buy a car with a man... chances are, the man will get all the attention. He is the bread winner and the person who likes cars. That is the perception.Most sales people nowadays are not like that. They realize that women make many of the financial decisions in the household. I think it was something like 70% of households is where women make the decision for large purchases.

I think it probably wasn't because the guy was shy. Some guys (most guys? I don't want to start lumping everyone together here but...) just don't think girls should know certain things. It's happened several times with my brother in law- my sister and her family live in this house with me. Even though he works at a gaming store, he doesn't think that girls know anything about anything technical. He bought a cable modem and didn't know how to hook it up. I told him, very simply, how to do it. He kept it in the box for almost a month until he could ask some guy at work, who told him exactly what I said. Really stupid things that anyone should know, he has to always get an opinion from a boy. I'm a very calm person. I handle pressure situations well. But when he somes home and explains what he needs to do to get the wireless router to work, and it's what I told him three days ago, I actually feel violent. :huh:

I am guessing that the main reason why he looked a your brother was because usually the man is the one who goes into a computer store to fix a computer. Guys usually are shy around girls anyways and plus the fact that he probably assumed he was the one who needed the part and was going to fix it didnt help either. Either way the only way to get around something like that is to just hint to him that your going to fix the computer and see what happens, i can tell you right now it wont always work.

Well firstly, who asked the guy for help? Because if your brother asked, even if it was a simple 'hey we have a question...' he will talk to your brother and not you. Secondly, wouldn't you want him to talk to you, not at you? Sometimes i get ignored, like if theres a group of girls and guys, they start talking, because basically they are flirting, and i cant get any of them to talk to me, because the guys wont talk to me because im gay/they are too interested in the girls, and the girls wont talk to me, because im not straight...people just get ignored sometimes, it may or may have not had anything to do with the fact that you are a girl...

seriously guys, this this is over a year old and yall are bringing it back now?almost all of the answers have been generally the same so whats the point of bringing it back?