xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
badinfluence

Yahoo Domain 1.99 Per Year .com .org all top level domain

Ack! I posted this message to http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26862-495-domain-registration/ thread but I didn't think to make it to a new thread. Thank you badinfluence.

For those who have questions, it's $1.99 per year up to maximum of 5 years. That means it's only $9.95 for 5 years for a domain name. And the link that badinfluence has provided, he does not gain any referral bonuses. That is the code that Yahoo has provided. But you can check for yourself by going directly to https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ and you'll see the Yahoo's banner advertising.

Remember, it expires on September 20th at midnight.

Nice link buffalo/badinfluence. I'ma register a few of them that I had planned :)Just gotta transfer the money to my checking acct. Before Sept 20. :) I think I have like... five I need registered. Nice workMr Panda(Soon to be thablkpanda.com/mr.panda.name)

Ok does this include continuing domain name registrations cos mine is expiring february im still working on getting the website up but i need the domain name as well as the host lol :)

Ok does this include continuing domain name registrations cos mine is expiring february im still working on getting the website up but i need the domain name as well as the host lol :)

181677[/snapback]

According to Yahoo's disclaimer, you have to be a new purchasing customer. Which means you cannot renew your current domain. If your domain expires February 2006, you are a renewing customer if you register now. Call Yahoo and ask them for details.

I was going to get a yahoo domain when they were $4.95 but there is one thing I don't like about them. You can't really do domain masking. Domain masking is where they hide the address the domain is pointing to. So if you had a domain like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and was pointing to jedi.trap17.com, it would re-locate you to jedi.trap17.com but in the address bar, it would show jedi.trap17.com. It wouldn't just show http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

But when I said you can't really do domain masking, what I ment is you can but yahoo adds one of their ads to your site if you use it. Which I think is a bunch of bs.

Heres yahoo's little statement on it:

Masking is an option that Yahoo! Small Business offers when you choose to forward your domain name. Forwarding your domain name means that when visitors click on a link or type a url into a browser, they are automatically directed to another site.
In standard forwarding, visitors will not see the original domain name they clicked or typed in the address box at the top of their browser when they reach the destination site. Rather, the destination domain will be displayed.

When you choose masked forwarding, the visitor will see the original domain name they clicked or typed in the address box at the top of their browser when they reach the destination. You may use this feature when you want to "mask" a web address that may not be user-friendly, such as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. A Yahoo! ad will appear in the outer page frame when masking is used with the Yahoo! Domains plan.

So, if you don't care if they visistors can see where the domain is pointed to, then this would be a great deal for you. But if you don't like it, like me.... then you have to find a different place to get a domain. I still haven't been able to find a place with a good deal with domain masking included. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

xJedix

i really liked these, i think i got one from Yahoo! (i dont have credit card yet... so i bought one from a bank transferr to someone who had a credit card and bought it but... it cost me $6.00 maybe fee's but for me it's worth it u,uU) and i like the service it was setup (dns) REALLY fast in just about 2 days when my other domain (my first one) took like 14 days to be online and it cost me $20.00 that where charged to the phone bill (it was a service the phone company provided)

Yes, Yahoo Domain is nicei buy 2 domain in yahooand i like itwith yahoo domain you can change your dns for 30MinIts very fast ... You can lock /unlock domain and forward domain ...its very nice option for domain :P

Now when I ask my parents if they will get me a domain they should have almost no reason to say no. I had no idea that it was possible to get a domain for that cheap. Apparently they do not cost that much to host.

If you want really cheap domain names, you should check out Atalig.Com . They have it cheaper than the major domain registrars.-reply by jabungaNOTE BY ADMIN=============Xisto - Web Hosting.com offers (a member of xisto) offers 1.5 G space with backups, cpanel, 99.9% uptime guarantee & satisfaction 30 day money back guarantee @ $35.4 per year. (includes a free domain as well)Xisto - Domains.com (a company by Xisto) sells domains for as low as $2 USD.

Wow!! What a difference a few years make. Yahoo domains are now (May 2008) $9.99!! That's the highest price I've seen for a domain name. Yahoo! has lost its mind, but they're probably counting on 95% of the domain owners to auto renew at the new bloated pricing without even realizing that the price is 5 times higher now. Yikes!!

i have an idea for all of you after you buy your domain name by yahoo make post to Xisto forum and then apply for google adsense but note that the traffic of your web site should be high now you probably think what is google adsense so i am going to describe you what is google adsense and how does it work??