xisto Community
Becca

This Is My Piece

Hey this is the first piece of art or whatever thing I have done and finished in my new Photoshop CS2. Yup..I took quite a while on it..well only two days :P lol. It looks simple but it was actually fairly hard to make it look it.

Anyways I've uploaded it to my deviantart account..you can comment there or here or whatever.

Give me suggestions because I still think it needs fixing a bit. I think it's a little bit too cluttered but that's me..cluttered... ;) Anyways I still got the PSD file as well as the squashed one so I can edit it :P

You can read the stuff I wrote about the piece on my dev thing.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well its pretty good. very professional looking. the only thing i have to say about improving it is i dont really like how the cloud goes into the head like in the chin area. well like to the left of it.

Wow, looks really good. The only thing I can suggest is turning off the Anti-Aliasing on the smaller pixel text [blogalicious, Becca, etc etc], and maybe going over the outline of the face there and fixing it up. You could use a variety for that, such as the blur tool, a soft eraser, or just using a marquee.

Well its pretty good. very professional looking. the only thing i have to say about improving it is i dont really like how the cloud goes into the head like in the chin area. well like to the left of it.

178411[/snapback]

there's nothing below the chin..that's why I did it..lol! Anyways @Phyre the pixel stuff is not actually part of the piece.. I didn't take it off..it's suppose to be for the layout and like I couldn't be bothered but I'll probably do that for the actualy layout, oh and um did you mean it's too like blurry thing? or what? I don't know what anti-aliasing thingy is...

I read your comment posted below your picture. I think you misspelled masterbation. Did you mean to use "U" instead of "E"? Or maybe you wanted to spell it that way.I think there's absolutely nothing to add to your creation. I like the feel of POP-art! It's rare to preserve the feel of that type and I believe you have done it well. The whole circle within a circle, concentric circles and circle rings fit the bill to the theme "dreamy." I like the light green spill over effect at the top right corner. And I would like to see something similar to that on the right lower corner. It's bit plain. I keep looking at the VINTAGEFAIRY.COM area... something is missing--perhaps a distinctive separation between white bubbles and the outline. I don't know.Thanks for sharing with us. ;)

lol ya Johnny dear, I spelt it that way. I'm no spastik like some people ;) Hey well I neatened up the edges of the face using the pen tool, but I don't know what to do about the neck i tried putting a round black thing around the bottom of the neck and connecting it to the circle below it but it looked like a freakin' floating head. Oh and can someone please tell me what that Anti-Aliasing thing is?

Aliasing is caused when, usually, your scanner picks up the DOTS from a photo/picture for a magazine. This is due to a printing method. When you looks closer at a magazine's photo/picture you'll notice that it is made up with millions of color dots. Because the way scanner's lens behaves, sooner or later those dots become pattern to the scanner's eye. So when you see the final result, you'll notice some kind of wavy pattern forming around what seems to be a solid color area.This isn't true with your art since you deliberately created the blotchy, dotted look around the face. Hence I commented on how it resembles Pop Art. Pop Art was very popular British art expression during the 1950's. Andy Warhol is very famous for several pieces. It basically accentuated those dots and gave it a comic book style to the whole piece. But at the same time, it preserved the professionalism through out the entire work making it worthy of being called an Art.

Sorry I'm posting so much in my own topic but I edited it and which one is better?

Posted Image

I think I still need to do the last black circle but I couldn't be bothered to back, so I'll do it later.

Which one do you think is better?

@BUFF lol yeah I know all the Popart stuff I'm from Britain and we did it in year 9 and studied Warhol ;) Thanks though.

British are so well educated. *envious* I didn't know you were from Britain. The art classes are dying here in the United States. I had to learn about Andy all by myself. Thank goodness I went to a museum that day... otherwise I would have missed Andy's works.Getting back to the topic, I like the first one with round bubbles around the chin. It gives the feel of clouds forming around the face. Well, that's just my one opinion among the many you'll get.Nice work!

So Becca dear, what exactly is your fascination with mastu(e)rbation?I like the second one tons better....if the AA were turned off for the pixel font, you'd have PRO work right there. ;)

Looks good, better than any of my peices. :P

<3 becca :P

178507[/snapback]

wow you just sad those famous words that I say to everyone else's piece when I can't think what to say because it isn't good... Sorry to all those people that have just read this and been told by me that their pieces were better than any of mine, I meant what I said though so don't hate me.

Yeah so like how do I turn off the Anti-Aliasing thingie then? I've read what someone wrote about it above..still don't understand is it like the pixelated thing?? What do you freakin' want from me ayyyyyyyye!!!

And thanks for the 7.6/10 and thanks that it's over 5 :P

O.K so one person likes the other one and the other likes the other..so which one am I freakin' going to put on my deviantart account?!?!?! AYE!?!?

@Buff we're forced to study all these artists, copy their work do a sort of written piece about them and also make your own work with a similar style but your own design... ;) pretty boring..nothing you've missed.