xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biscuitrat

One Of My Happiest Memories one of many goofy ways to keep it alive

Biskie Says: Don't Let These No Post Forums Die!

This forum needs some loving, even though it doesn't offer post count. So, I want you all to remembe your happiest memory ever. Think happy! All you depressed people are hereby forced to make the rest of us laugh, smile, and continue this thread.

Also I need donuts now @_@

My happiest memory is probably when I first learned to ride my bike (I was five or so, without training wheels.) Now, my old neighborhood had these wonky sidewalks that bumped every now and then. In one direction, your tire would run into the bumps, but in the other direction, you would soar over them and hopefully land on your tires. Well, I was riding and I got to one end of the street and I turned around and started moving like mad back towards my house. No one was watching - the whole street was veritably mine. So I started coasting along the way and with the idiotic tendencies of little kids, I coasted over the bump and landed on the grass.

Not just any grass. Not even just regular soft grass. I was all right but I soon discovered that grass was sinister. Evil, even.

It was the resting place for a civilization of giant mutant ants.

But the ride was the fun part. SO REMEMBER HAPPY THOUGHTS FOR ME.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited the title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

lolz@bizkie! :D i had a similar experience with bikes, when i flew over the handle after braking hard, and landed with my face on concrete. i dunno what happened next, but i got a nasty reminder of the incident: a wound on my upper lip. :) the thing is, when it started to heal, i looked like a mini-hitler (dang!) with a trimmed mustache on the upper lip. :D hahahha and as a lasting reminder, school was about to end that period, and time for class pictures. :D i still have that class picture as a mini-hitler, but i won't be showing anybody -- most especially on the internet! :D

Hmm...my happiest memory, eh? I really don't know or can't choose. I think getting my driving license's was a happy moment, no longer do I have to be chauffered by parents :) Actually that isn't my happiest memory because I still have yet to own a car and still borrowing my parnets keys. After some thinking, well, its got to be when I was in Toronto. Toronto was the first place and time that girls hit on me. Quite weird in fact, I was at the bowling alley with some friends. I was trying to get strikes, but it was mostly gutter balls. Anyways, I saw these girls who were celebrating a B-Day of their friend. They looked back and walked up to me, and they said your really good at bowling, are you a professional? Eerrr....I had nothing to say, so the girls broke the ice, laughed and said "Didn't you get the pick up line?" Well, anyways we did some more chit chat and stuff, and they went back to their alley and asked me to drop by and visit them before they left. I would take them up on the offer, but I glanced and saw there mom coming to pick them T.T Aaag, that was the end of it, they left at 11pm and gave me a wink. Happy times it was, gloating in front of my friends who all had there excuses on my they came to me and not them. I just replied to them with a cool "Whatever you say..." Sadly, my luck in Vancouver sucks and is dry. I am longing to go to Toronto once again. Maybe its cuz asian chicks don't like me as much as white chicks. That in itself is a mystery. I LUV TORONTO!(too bad i hate their hockey team else I'd move there)

I've lived a good bit longer than most people on this forum, so I've a few more memories to choose from, but due to my imminent decent into senility, my memory is rapidly slipping away .... the one that immediately springs to mind is when my son won "volunteer of the year" award for his services to a local volunteering organisation .... I've never been so proud ....

another happy experience is when I was on a long car journey, in winter and at night .... through the country side which was covered with a thick layer of snow .... there was a full moon and the fields and hills were clearly visible .... everything had a sparkle to it and I'm a sucker for sparkles .... I had a combo of Coldplay and Sinatra on my sound system and I'm telling you it was just a fantastic journey and I hope I never forget it ....

bit corny but there we are ....

Posted Image

@biscuitrat: That was quiet a biking experience. :DMine would be my first kiss with my GF. It's not the frenchie but its the one from the heart. I've been with other girls, kissed them but its totally different if you love the person. We're almost 2 years now and I'm more happy everyday. That's the happiest. I'm sure it will be happier if we have a family. Still a long way to go. Hehehe.

When I bought my guitar. Its pretty weird.

When I started gaining interest in guitar, my mom gave me a 40 year old Nippon Gakki to practice on. I practiced on that for some months without instruction, and sometimes messed around on my brothers electric. He never used it and he was terrible, so I thought it was fun. At one point, we finally decided to get me an electric guitar. By then I was hooked onto Green Day, so I was always listening to music. We traveled to Guitar Center. My mom told me to try to look at the used section, and I didnt care: as long as it had pickups and plugged into an amp I wouldn't have noticed if we bought a ukulele.

Either way, they were displaying about 5 used guitars on this pedestal thing. There was a blue one (which I'd later be able to identify as a Mexican Fender Stratocaster), a solid green no-name guitar, 2 expensive guitar and an orange sunburst guitar with a broken string. I fell in love with the orange one immediately. My mom wanted me to get the blue one, but it has this horrible ugly sticker stain.

After about 2 hours of having no idea of what I was doing, I said to my mom "No I want that one." for the 100th time (reffering to the orange one) and we finally asked an employee to string it. The guitar was cheaper than the others, and once it was strung it sounded better and the action was great. Loved it. We bought an amp and all the accessories and were going to the check out when...

"Wait! Sorry!" an employee explained how there was a police clearance wait for used items. It happened to be that the guitar was uncleared one day after we left for a month long vacation. The employee asked if I still wanted the guitar. I told him yeah and vowed to practice for that month like crazy. We happened to bring a super old classical guitar with us on vacation. I improved and learned bar chords and other things but every day dreamed of that stupid orange guitar... It drove me insane, and I kept complaining until my parents promised we'd pick it up the day after we got back.

Finally we arived at home. After a sleepless night we went to pick up the guitar. I loved it. I played 8 hours that day, and 7 the next and about 5 for the next week. I still love it.

Picture of this famed orange guitar:

http://www.guitarshop.net/dean/avalanchemq_lh.jpg

(Dean Avalanche MQ)

I love guitar :P

Good topic I love idea but it is hard for me to get some memories :XD:It was my 18 birthday when We go to plant potatoes. We are doing it with horses, but this day there where with horses new two men.And they had one planting potatoes finished in other family. And as you know when is something finished people just drink alcohol. This was that story too :D When they came to us they were drunk. They start planting and that field and they where just walking from one side to other :( That field was horrible when they "finished". Every 5minutes that two men guessed and horses didn't know what to do :D I was laughing my *bottom* of with my sister. When they finished they again want to drink alcohol and they said they are going to plant on one field yet :D I don't know how they must that other field damaged,but It is good memory for me :)

My happiest memories are star blanketed nights with her in my arms and her black hair with traces of brown blowing across my face. Soothing.

Overcome with pleasure and happy to the core. Wishes upon stars and promises on stars.

Sitting in the dew soaked grass of her front yard. Behind the bush/tree where no one can see or hear.

Talking about the future. Our future. Wondering how much it would cost to buy a star. Wishing we were older.

Making promises we knew we couldn't keep. Getting ourselves in way to deep.

Ha. Promises. Which ones can you keep and which ones will you break? Forever is a promise that can't be kept... 

-reply by Seed196