xisto Community
mayank

My First Ever Sig please comment

All right friends....after joining the forum and looking at the competitions and some of the beautiful sigs, i also decided to make a sig for myself.....i know this is not even near to the sigs which you people have but considering the fact that it is made by a newbie please rate it and do tell me what i could have done to make it better.

do remember its my first creation......critics are welcome -_-

Posted Image

Looks nice for your first sig. The renders are kinda funky though, you can see the white pixels EVERYWHERE on them. I'm guessing you cut this out of a white bg? You should just take the block eraser and erase those pixels. The Lens flare in the middle has to go, or make it less obvious that it's there. The render on the left looks like it's blended UNDER the brushing layer, fix that, and the other render isn't blending as all. Blah blah blah, the text is too pixelated.Just a few things to work out -_- I give you a 7/10 for your first sig, it's pretty nice.

I agree. The renders were not cut properly. Good effects however. I wonder if it worked out better if renders were larger??I like your choice in font type. Here is a thought: you know the font "Fast And the Furious"? How it streaks like text in motion? Would you think it would work out if the font "Fight Club" had streaks and italicized? (But no motion blur to keep the text crisp and sharp)A very good first attempt and I can see your potential for the next one! -_- Good luck!

I like the background. I love how you try to represent a a boxing ring in the back. Nice! I don't like the left render because of the white pixels. When blending in, don't blend the ENTIRE render. Only blend the bottom of the render. I always avoid blending in the head. Your sig is also missing a border.

thats not bad at all for your first sig. i think one thing that can easily be fixed, that others have said, is fixing the pixels around the edges of your renders. just zoom in really close and get rid of the white, it doesnt really take that long and greatly improves the image. i also agree with what kubi said about the lense flare in the middle, it doesnt go. try adding some color to the background and see what you get. but for a first sig, this is very good.

Looks nice for your first sig. The renders are kinda funky though, you can see the white pixels EVERYWHERE on them. I'm guessing you cut this out of a white bg? You should just take the block eraser and erase those pixels. The Lens flare in the middle has to go, or make it less obvious that it's there. The render on the left looks like it's blended UNDER the brushing layer, fix that, and the other render isn't blending as all. Blah blah blah, the text is too pixelated.

Just a few things to work out -_- I give you a 7/10 for your first sig, it's pretty nice.

174446[/snapback]

Ditto. I also think it'd be cooler if the whole thing were black and white...I dunno...just looks like it'd give a nice feel.

I'm not sure if that is brushes, but if it is, or even if it isn't, get new ones. The Sig Tutorials Pt. 1 has a list of places to get good-quality brushes.

I agree with everyone, it's pretty good for your first sig. We all don't always get what we want with doing our own cutting, trust me. -_-I give it 7.5/10I hope to see more from ya!

Thank you all!for all these quality tips, i am sure that after applying these new tips in my new sig..which i am working on....i'll be able to make a better one.....one thing which i have noticed in all the comments is about the render...i'll make sure that next time you wont complain about that.secondly i have made this sig using THE GIMP and didnt get the brushes for THE GIMP easily...i've downloaded some brushes and that too from deviantart.com , might be that i never used them properly.as far as border is concerned...i forgot that completely.....and snlildude87 you have got hawk's eye -_-and thank you Frozen for giving the resource of renders...i found out the render for my sig from google images...i searched for "tekken characters" :PHoping to get more positive comments and more rating for my next sig.

Thats really nice for a first bro... The render is fked up tho... The white lines in the background are tight. TOTAL PISSAGE DUDE!... Me and my friend made that up -_-Anyway, enough for spamming.. Looks to me like you forgot a border, and your text - no offense - is really bad... Also, take away that shine in the middle... It makes the sig odd. ~ In a way.For a first I will go easy 7.5/10

The backgrounds pretty cool and fits well with the theme. But the blending of the renders and the renders themselves are kind of messed up. You don't necessarily HAVE TO blend the bottom of hte render, like snlildude said, but blending the whole render into the sig is usually a big no-no. I also agree with the others about the lens flare...it's got to go. The text is decent, but doesn't really match with the sig. And of course, it needs a border... I can easily say that it surpasses my first sig...And if you're using GIMP, i heard from a friend that GIMPShop works nicely...you should look it up...

pretty good man, but as all others improve that renders, i sugest you more tolerance with the selection tool, also replace colors according to the palette of colors you are using, that's so useful.i'm a newbie too, and something i can tell you is beware of pixelated renders, that calls the attention of all the picture, and that's what you don't want the people look at.and other thing, keep to use the patterns clean, without rough borders or things like that, that calls attention too, you could use some blur, alpha channel, etc...but, don't worry isn' bad for first time

text is pixelated, the tekken render it to transparent, brushing ok but could be better.

Nice work for your first time. Look, I'm tired of bugging people to create one for me. Can anyone tell me how I do this myself what do I need. I'm a stay at home mom and have too much time on my hands. Thanks!-Sylvia