xisto Community
sexyfred

What Do U Prefer Mac Or Windows computer

Personally i like either windows or linux operating systems over macs. The reason is that i build computers and servers so i would not be able to run mac on it. Plus, i play soooo many games that a mac would be useless for those. I know people say, "i never get virus' on my mac" and such and that is true. But you can have the same kind of protection by using linux. Plus, for those mac novices out there, the mac os is built on top of linux therefore it truely is a linux os. Therefore, why spend the extra cash on a mac when u can get a free os on your own assembled computer for a fraction of the price

mac or windows,mac=faster loading, not many virus, good softwarewindows=it can use anything u want, but lots of virus and spywaremac is better but it doesn't have many softwares :ph34r:

so what do u prefer windows or mac

To tell u the truth i think windows is the worst thing ever made and i want to kill lt..... it crashes,frezees and u can easally get viruses

so i went out and brought a appl mac g4 powerbook

Its great i dont get viruses (even thoughh i have no virus protection or firewall) it doesnt crash or freeze and its absoulty great.

:D  :(  :)  :)  :)  :P  :(  :D  :D  :D  :o  ;)  :D  :ph34r:  B)  :D  :(

171247[/snapback]

I prefer Micro$oft Windows, in special Windows XP Prossional.

I prefer Windows for good reason. Windows has many more business software than Mac.

Microsoft is the lider.

:(

I am used to using Windows operating system, and tha is because I have not tried using Macs before. Not even once! but I would like to learn how to use it, because most Graphic Arts and Webdesigning companies uses Mac OS and they prefer people with knowledge on using it when hiring for a job. I am not really sure, but i guess there are significant difereences between the two. I based that on the Adobe Photoshop books that I am reading, there are difference in keyboard shortcuts. And most tutorials on those books are written by OS user Potoshop experts.

I think windows is for like normal use because it's hard to find every software for mac. Mac is basically for entertainment. Like if you like editing movies/music and you are into stuff like this, then mac is perfect for you. It also doesn't crash, freeze, and bug you that much. It is also easier to use and looks wayyyyy better. Mac is better than windows according to me and theres no doubt bout it but if you just need a compputer for normal use then windows is perfect because its really hard to find softwares and stuff for mac. And really asy with windows.

I prefer windows and linux. Now although there are more virii WRITEN for windows, doesn't mean you'll get infected. a smart user will almost never get virii. Same witha dumb user on mac may just stumble upon a virus for macs. Same with linux. For me, software for macs are harder to find, and much more expensive. Compare the photoshop prices. Also, getting a good graphic card for a mac or the equivalent on a pc..the mac's price can sometimes double, for the same card. And the power of the very minimal ammount of upgrades for a mac will bottleneck because they are slower. PC's nowadays are getting up to 4-5 ghz. Macs are still in the "stone age" 1.6 ghz and such. Lastly, when you need an upgrade for a PC, you usually only have to buy a few parts, a stick of ram, or a new graphic card or a new processor. For macs, you'd have to buy a whole new mac (which i say is extremely expensive). You pay around 900 bucks for something half or a third of what you could have bought for a PC.

I LOVE my mac!!! :ph34r: If i were to say what i thougt about windows, i would probly be banned from these forums...Ive got a powermac G5 2.5 gighertz dual prossessor, superdrive, 230 gig hard drive, and almost all the pro applications (final cut pro HD, dvd studio pro 3, shake, and logic express!!!)weee! mac is great!

well i dont know much about mac but i've a heard a great saying about MACINTOSH and that is Most Applications Crash If Not Operating System Hangs... :(

well this is just for fun.....

now serious mood :-

i think people say all kind of bad stuff for Windows but i actually Love Windows and the reason for that is that it can be installed on an assembled computer but it is not possible in MAC's case and that is why it is more expensive...secondly there are not many applications for macintosh as you will find in Windows.

Now the reason for Viruses, Spywares is that everyone knows that Windows is more popular and that's why these virus-makers target WINDOWS only and i think we must look at the brighter side of it and that is due to this the companies like Symantec, trend micro, mcaffee are existing and are one great source of employment :D

so my vote goes for WINDOWS  :ph34r:

171273[/snapback]

Your little saying there is quite wrong mac is now on a UNIX opperating system, so it CANT CRASH, very rarely an app might quit, but only if they were programmed poorly...

Windows on the other hand crashes quite often...

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

I am Mac man, but professionally I work with both, MAC's for my home business and Windows-PC's for the office job in town. and there are good reasons.For starters. Mac's are cheaper than Windows-PC. It is an often heard claim, that Windows PC's are cheaper then Mac, when in fact you get the same power for a much smaller financial investment. Try the Mac mini next time.Secondly bigger programme base. O.K if you are a gamer, I don;t know, because I rarely ply games (have a Playstation for that). But again, all business applications exist, some of them native, for Apple as well as Windows-PC, and if there really is no application. but you really need it, how about Virtual-PC. You see the Mac is able to emulate a Windows-PC, Is there a Windows-PC out there that can do a Mac, I don;t know, but it sounds like an oxymoron.So, Mac cheaper, Mac more programmes (because you can play all those games on the Virtual-PC base as well), Mac looks better, Mac don;t lose their value as quick as a Windows-Pc, you get more, when you try to buy a new modell. Macs last longer. I still use a 15 year old machine, as well as my now also slightly greyish eMac, because they still go strong. While my private Windows-PC's all lay in a scrap heap at the other end of the house. No point in upgrading those.so, choice? easy. Mac everytime.

so what do u prefer windows or mac

To tell u the truth i think windows is the worst thing ever made and i want to kill lt..... it crashes,frezees and u can easally get viruses

so i went out and brought a appl mac g4 powerbook

Its great i dont get viruses (even thoughh i have no virus protection or firewall) it doesnt crash or freeze and its absoulty great.

B)  B)  :)  ;)  :)  :P  :(  B)  :D  ;)  :o  :(  B)  B)  B)  :(  :(

171247[/snapback]

i personally like windows because it is faster for arciving files and loading multiple things up at the same time

i like mac beacuse it is good for image edditing softwear insted of the crap windows edditing stuff

Screw Mac.Windows rocks.Unsurprisingly, the Department of Defense and its contractors use Windows, so that means I have been stuck on a Windows box all this summer while at work. My first Macintosh was a Performa 6200CD, so I've been a Mac guy for a long time so using Windows everyday has made me think about some things. In no particular order, here are the things I've noticed that Windows does a better job at than Mac OS X (10.3 Panther). Window Resizing- I have a 1.8Ghz (single processor) G5 at home,(I'm bragging aren't I? Its freaking awesome!) and sometimes when I resize windows (of any size or complication-level) the system lags a bit. It lags about 100 times less than any other Mac I've owned, but it's not instantaneous. The PC I'm on right now is an older IBM box that can't be running past 800Mhz, however, Windows must be optimized for the resizing of windows because it freakin' flies whenever I grab and move the bottom-right corner. Photoshop, Firefox, UltraEdit, it doesn't matter ? they all resize in real-time with my mouse movements. Menubar Interaction- Just like with the window resizing, menus drop down (I'm using Win2000, not XP) extraordinarily fast. Much faster than on my G5, which ticks me off because I can't think of anything I do more with my time than select menu options in applications. And Microsoft Office :) - Granted Microsoft Office + Windows is Redmond's bread and butter, but it still upsets me that Office 2004 on OS X sucks so bad. I don't care about all the fancy new features and how people love them, I care about the user experience in what I do most when I use Microsoft Office ? type and edit text in Microsoft Word. Because Word was never ported over to Cocoa for Mac OS X, the carbon-rendered text looks absolutely revolting and I seriously cannot stand to look at a screen full of text in Word when using my Mac. The anti-aliasing is off just enough to make it look like garbage. Don't believe me? Start typing in 14px Georgia and prepare to find a garbage bag quickly.

I personally perfer windows over macs because most of the software out there is written for windows only and I am far more familliar with the windows interface.

Screw Mac.

Windows rocks.

Unsurprisingly, the Department of Defense and its contractors use Windows,

193916[/snapback]

You remember the story a couple of years back where a war ship had to be towed into harbor to reset the computer. The Operating system you ask? Blue screen wonder. Microsoft

Why windows sucks, freezes and crashes, but almost everyone in the world prefer the windows o.s.'s?I Can answer for everyone, i think, windows is the best! And know doubt about it.