xisto Community
sexyfred

What Do U Prefer Mac Or Windows computer

MAC had a good eye-candy look. I always like that look and appearance of the mac, be it in its softwares and hardwares. It is based on Unix core, so it's less vulnerable to viruses than Windows as virus writers would rather target at the large Windows users.However I feel Mac is a little harder to master as with Windows. There are lesser guides, helps and manuals and to be someone who knows Mac from top to bottom is not so easy. Comparing with Windows, it's easier to handle and become professional is just a few understanding.I would, therefore, prefer Windows than Mac, unless there's more help and guides for Mac.

Well, just wondering, many Video Editors especially those who works in Television shows, they uses Mac for Video Editing, and uses Avid or Final Cut Pro. Well, I think Windows is the best for Video Editing because many Video Editors support it, and VirtualDub supports it. Windows is really stable, and not vulnerable to viruses and spywares if you have the proper tools.

First, you must have a wonderful and powerful Firewall, and Anti-virus. Second, do not use Internet Explorer. Use Firefox. That's it. My computer has no worms and has no spywares and viruses.

Wheeeee interesting debate :D

I personally think that there's a lot to be said for both Macs and Windows (PCs). I've used both... I have an IBM laptop and I used eMacs in school... so let's go through the pros and the cons...

eMacs

A lot of my classmates were "Mac-evangelists" who adored Macs, so I heard a LOT about Apple products while I was in college. While I used to think that Macs were practically unusable and really complicated as opposed to my nice familiar Microsoft Windows, after using Macs for a while I realised that that's not really fair.

If you can get used to the idea that your mouse doesn't have 2 buttons (unless you use a PC mouse), there are actually a lot of similar features for both platforms. Plus, Apple is all about style, and it really shows. The toolbar is animated with icons that look almost 3D and bob up and down, everything is really classy, right down to the product shapes and designs - there's a reason that tv shows use Macs and not PCs :D

The fact that you don't need the specific software to plug in your digicam or thumbdrive is really useful, as is the nifty Toast program that burns cds, and of course, there's the useful fact that most computer viruses don't exist in Mac format yet...

Of course though, the mouse thing can get irritating, the platform seems at first completely different to Microsoft, programs have an unnerving lack of background (they're all transparent so you sometimes lose track of which program you're in) and just cos there aren't viruses now isn't a guarantee that they won't make an appearance in the future.

Microsoft

Good ole' Microsoft. Ever-dependable, the platform most of us have grown up using, totally predictable (and therefore not surprising), user-friendly, useful, the ruler of the global software market.

Microsoft Windows is good, I love it, but those viruses really get old, don't they? Also there's that annoying fact that Windows XP wasn't made properly and has many many errors, so you're better off with earlier versions of it (which kinda defeats the purpose...). Plus, the higher the version of Windows you have, the more obsolete & incompatible your old PC games become... and not all the best games are the one made today.

Also, if you compare the design & style to Mac, Microsoft falls short...

So yeah... personally I think both products are evenly matched :)

Well lets see here........I pefer a Windows becuse windows scripts r so much better and *BLEEP* and mac kinda for homework and suff not really for gaming and clans and stuff so i will think u guys should go with a windows windows will PwN mac any time but then again mac can pwn windows with other programs and *BLEEP*

windows definitely, although Mac has it positives it has alot of negatives.with windows you can do almost anything, when you can't even listen to musicon yahoo launch on mac ;) .

i'd prefer a mac... but i'm stuck with windows.

Im with you... i love Macs, but im stuck with windows. The only thing that sucks about Mac is that almost no good games can run on it.... the story of my life...

Im with you... i love Macs, but im stuck with windows. The only thing that sucks about Mac is that almost no good games can run on it.... the story of my life...

179992[/snapback]

u can get encrupetors

I prefere window just because ive never used a mac. Though i would lv to try it out for once.ps. shouldnt the comparison be made between PC and Mac. Windows is an OS(Sorry if this comment is already made, didnt read all the posts)

Even though Windows is crappy in many ways, its all I have and even if I wanted to try Mac I couldn't.Plus, ... I don't want to, I've been on a Mac before, and I hated it.

So, I'm not gonna say "Windows" or "Mac"... My vote goes for the "PC"!

I hate MAC. Its specification is far inferior to that of the PC. (the CPU is slow and the DDR333 is unacceptably slow in nowadays standard.) It does not appear so slow simply because of the operating system that they are using. Built on BSD, the Mac OS X Tiger is less resource hungry then Windows. Thats why MAC people dont feel that they are running a computer of the Jurassic Age. But if you have to rip movies and edit videos, you will few the difference in CPU speed.

Another unreasonable conception the MAC people have is that a computer should look beautiful. They always say that the MAC is much more prettier than the PC, which sometimes, like mine (I have four computers in my flat), are built to order with a Made-in-China case that looks so ugly. But who cares about the appearance of a computer? We are computer people, right? The sole merit of a computer is that its speed. It is not a piece of furniture, is it? A bulky case with a lot of fans is good for ventilation within the case and is thus better than a compact case that only looks good. I have seen no computer that looks good and, at the same time, runs good.

The choice of software is very restricted in MAC too. Say, you can only run Azuresus for BT in MAC, while there are a lot of clients for Windows. Simply look at basic things like firewalls, text editors and media player and you will see how poor software support is in MAC.

I will go for PC too. You dont necessarily have to run Windows on a PC. You can have many operating systems (like Linux and Windows in the same box) on a PC, which is again a feature that MAC cannot offer.