xisto Community
snlildude87

Blogconnect Online! renamed to ConnectMe

What is ConnectMe?

First things first...I have to admit that the title for this program is really lame, so if you have a better one, then by all means, suggest it.

Second, ConnectMe is a Xisto affiliation program (which is why I'm posting it in the Hosted Members Area). It was modeled after whyme's (a moderator here) BlogConnect program. Instead of using JavaScript, the entire thing is PHP which means that your URL will appear in all participants' source, so all members hopefully will get a higher PageRank.

Rules

• Must be in the front page of your site if not on ALL pages of your site.
  • Must be a member of Xisto.
If you can think of one, post it below.

How Do I Join?

Go here: <LINK SNIPPED> . I should add your site to the list in less than 24 hours after submitting your application. If not, make a long stick and poke me with it. Actually, if I don't respond, then it's because I'm very busy, but you should be in the list within 48 hours.

All suggestions are appreciated. Posted Image

Edit: Added a couple of things; fixed BBcode; fixed a typo Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Can our webpages be of a non-Xisto hosted site?

166618[/snapback]

No. It's intended for Xisto hosted sites only which is why I posted it instead of in Banner Exchange.

And anyone can join.

I have some suggestions...
Makie is to that the end user can customise it, atm you have (for example)

<br><a href="http://sang.trap17.com/">Sangent</a> - Free online games.

this would be better:
<br><span class="cm_link"><a href="http://sang.trap17.com/">Sangent</a></span> - <span class="cm_desc">Free online games.</span>

then teh end user can set their own styless for each part

span.cm_link {font-weight: bold;}span.cm_desc {color:#ff0000;}
I think the style works like that... anyway, a way of customising it!! :D

I think that I will join it sounds like a good program. Well, after I get my ducks in order (my site is a mess if you can call a 404 error a site). This program was a great idea and no I can not think of a better name.

I think that I will join it sounds like a good program. Well, after I get my ducks in order (my site is a mess if you can call a 404 error a site). This program was a great idea and no I can not think of a better name.

177268[/snapback]

Sweet. Looking forward to your application. :)

Well, my program did not die yet, so it is still going on. Let's not try to foreshadow its death. :D

By the way, once my program gets more members, I plan to make it so that the end-user can customize it (see cragllo's post), and I'll post all the members here. :D

Hi,snlilde,is it a link exchange or a banner exchange?

177364[/snapback]

It most certainly is (that means yes). Like I said before, anyone can join. The only thing you need is a server that is capable of parsing PHP code, and Xisto has that.

<?php include("http://sang.trap17.com/connectme/connectme.php"); ?>
I see that it returns a link list. I have a question. Do search engines see the link list? In the html code, only
<?php include("http://sang.trap17.com/connectme/connectme.php"); ?>
can be seen.

185818[/snapback]

The reason I changed it from JavaScript to PHP is because it will not display the PHP code. Instead, you will have a list of links and URLs so that you will hopefully achieve a higher PageRank in Google.

I have a pretty popular site on my account, but it isnt in the root, am I allowed to add it to your listing too?

I think this is a very ncie idea by the way :]

187837[/snapback]

Yes. Feel free to send me an application.

Yeah, I was wondering why it was suspended... I thought it was a server problem at first, but I overruled it... I wanted to try it out after a long time, and I hope you get your site up and running again soon... :huh: