xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rejected2

Give Me Website Ideas.. Website Ideas : Something original. Ideas for making a site

Well, first up i gotta say that you are thinking the same way as i do .. I too am associated with offering some sort of service to the people .. To do that you have to decide and make up your mind about the kind of service you will be offering. There are so many things you can do. Write reiews about products, put articles about your hometown , offer cool links to your visitors (kinda old idea but very effective...) .. All these stuff are quite easy to implement. Either you use forums to do it or a content management system like mambo ... I suggest a content management system.. I use php nuke for one of my sites, and am pretty happy with the way it works for me !!If you plan to make it big, then you have to do something big.!!! MAybe you should be somewhat strong in php,mysql, and probably javascript... Once you are alright with these stuff,and manage to design your site with some neat layout, any idea of yours could sell !!!! Here are some themes i would like1) Tutorials2) Resources (For webdesigning, or similar stuff..)3) Renders4) Discussion forum with appreciable amount of activity..Well, whatever you end up doing, my good wishes !!!

:) Well first of all I would recommend a great chat site. Like the ones that work with Macromedia Flash player. Then i'll add some PHBB Forums and some nice downloads. That's pretty much my idea, I'll also add some nice sevices and scripts :)

i use a really nice background in my site, and it sounds simple, but it makes all the difference. you have to pick a theme, and then design the whole site around it. make every aspect of the site reflect the whole.

It is needless to say that your website idea should be unique. Important thing is that who are the competitors in your field. You need to find out what they are lagging in.If your competitor is a BIG brand already,then also you have a chance.Add your personal genuine voice about something interesting. People tend to look for reviews they can believe.Write articles on popular sites,answer in yahoo,participate in relevant forums to drive specific traffic to your site.Last but not least do not forget to make your site search engine friendly and submit it to all major search engines.And CONFIDENCE and PATIENCE is key to success launching a site(specially if u r not funded by VC).Good luck

Edited by satyaparija (see edit history)

Don't use Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Learn HTML and code in either Notepad or a similar editor that wont append crappy code to your pages.-John

Replying to biscuitratDoes anyone script themselves these days with html? I'm 15 and I have created many websites with just html alone. My latest website <a href="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to do Site" took me about 5 days to do. It is not the best I could do but I just wanted to finish it because halfway into it I decided I did not like the idea.

To make a website, wellfirst u need to know what your interests are...if you cant seem to come up with one then u need to try out different topics and see which one u most prob. fall interest for.then just make a rough page with all the info and stuff abt that topic.once ur done with that u will know what to do from there.. its pretty simple...u keep adding new things to ur site and give it a gr8 look and design <_<cheers :(

Good idea....

Give Me Website Ideas..

Do you like messing around with people...(I do)...Well make a free advice site that gives advice to people for free...

Tons of people have stress and so on...Hope you token some physiology ( can't spell) classes in high school like myself...I am making a site that gives advice to people, and helps people through ways a therapist would...(it would cost some money, if it token longer then like 20 sentences or something like that...

That's all I can think of right now, (which I am doing right now also, but I don't mind you doing what I am doing...Just don't tell others to do it)

-reply by k its me...

try out an alternative to something thats already out there like flickr for you and your friends as practise, then as it grows think about making it a it more niche and your-user specific eg aimed purely at your local area

Choose what ever your passionate about. If you enjoy gaming, try making a gaming news website. If your interested in golfing, do a gold interest website.It's your choice, no point doing a website about bowling if you've never played it and don't like it.

I Disagree Re: your website must be 100% compatible in all browsers.

Give Me Website Ideas..

Replying to karlo

In my opinion, if you can, your website should be more compatible in Mozilla Firefox. However, ALL features should be compatible in all operating systems.

-reply by Christopher

Check out my web site for new ideas

Give Me Website Ideas..

Replying to Rejected2

Hi,

I have come up with a web site where users can do various things. One of them is searching for web sites while the others include free classified ads, public invitations, new products, new ideas, and more. So, you might want to check my site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to see if anyone has posted a new idea that you might like to use.

-reply by Mesfin