xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ckuehner

Unable To Access Hosted Site Problems with hosting account

Just browsing around on the forum.. I notice that I am not the only person having this trouble tonight.However I thought I should bring this to your attention anyway.I am unable toaccess my hosted site. When I type the address (wildcattech.trap17.com) into my web browser.. I get the generic Cannot Find Server Message. If I try to ping that address I get the message Unable to find Host.It seems that the DNS servers can't translate the address. Just seems odd though... Last night I was able to access the site with no difficulty whatsoever.Perhaps I am just impatient.. maybe I just need to allow time for the DNS entries to propegate to other DNS servers. But it just seems odd that it would work last night... but not tonight.

what's the matter with you sir?now 69.50.188.18 can been access. you can just ping this ip address.if can reply fromthen it 's all right.i think just DNS problem

what's the matter with you sir?

now 69.50.188.18 can been access. you can just ping this ip address.

if can reply from

then it 's all right.

i think just DNS problem

161912[/snapback]

Huh?

Isn't that basically what I said? DNS will not resolve wildcattech.trap17.com to any ip address. Thus making it difficult for anyone (including myself) to access my website.

I think I'm having the same problem..I can access my cpanel through the IP, edit files and everything, but if I try and go to "sarcastic.trap17.com"(my sub domain) I get FireFox's could not be found error message.Course, I just did it like 30 mins ago, maybe it'll take a while, or maybe its a bigger problem, or something else really simple and I'm an idiot..I dunno, I'm stuck.

I noticed that you seemed to be having the same issue as myself.We are both fairly new accounts... so perhaps it is a simple DNS Propegation issue. It can take 48 hours or so for DNS entries to propegate around the world to the different Nameservers... perhaps that is the issue.Patience may be all that we need... and the issue may resolve itself over the next couple of days.But.. just in case there is a bigger issue behind the problem.. I figured it couldn't hurt to post this problem and see if anyone was aware of any other issues.

It looks like a case of notsearchingtheforumsitis :P

Let me explain this to EVERYONE. There's no need whatsoever to alert the admins in this case, because it is not within their power.This is not an issue that lies with Xisto, but with the DNS servers all over the world. It can take up to 48 or more hours to have your website visible there. And also not all DNS servers work with class D URLs.

Every website has an IP, let's say 123.465.789 as example. To memorize websites like that will be a real hassle and next to impossible. So we use alpha-numerical values (letters LOL). Those DNS servers are what allows us to use the name instead of the IP. But we do not control those. Give it some time and it will be sorted. If it is not, please post again, then it's possible your ISP (whose DNS servers you normally use) can't handle Class D.

From post number: 161652

Notice from Johnny:
Fixed the link.

So there we are, just wait for 48 hours and the problem will be solved.
Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

If his site has already solved the dns thingy, but only now that this suddenly appear, I believe its with the server problem instead...

Sometimes you have to give time to let webservers propagate your subdomain address through out the net. You once were able to access your subdomain probably due to initial setup or some other fluke. But the rule is always wait 12~24 (or sometimes longer) to let your subdomain name to be PROPAGATED through out the web.Your site is up and running. I can see the default index page. Problem solved. Topic closed.