xisto Community
malish

Web Site Does Not Work www.aidesigns.trap17.com

I was hosted yesterday with domain aidesigns.trap17.com, and everything worked fine but starting from evening I couldn't access my web site (neither could my friends). I can't also access cpanel or FTP, but I found that if I use ip access to my cpanel I CAN access. Could you please tell what did I do wrong or whats happening, I have 3.6 days of credits.Thank you

Let me explain this to EVERYONE. There's no need whatsoever to alert the admins in this case, because it is not within their power.This is not an issue that lies with Xisto, but with the DNS servers all over the world. It can take up to 48 or more hours to have your website visible there. And also not all DNS servers work with class D URLs. Every website has an IP, let's say 123.465.789 as example. To memorize websites like that will be a real hassle and next to impossible. So we use alpha-numerical values (letters LOL). Those DNS servers are what allows us to use the name instead of the IP. But we do not control those. Give it some time and it will be sorted. If it is not, please post again, then it's possible your ISP (whose DNS servers you normally use) can't handle Class D.

The thing is I can't say service is not activated yet, because i can access web site from time to time, but I noticed that after uploading any files with FTP manager, sites becomes not available for other people.

Let me explain this to EVERYONE. There's no need whatsoever to alert the admins in this case, because it is not within their power.

This is not an issue that lies with Xisto, but with the DNS servers all over the world. It can take up to 48 or more hours to have your website visible there. And also not all DNS servers work with class D URLs.

Every website has an IP, let's say 123.465.789 as example. To memorize websites like that will be a real hassle and next to impossible. So we use alpha-numerical values (letters LOL). Those DNS servers are what allows us to use the name instead of the IP. But we do not control those. Give it some time and it will be sorted. If it is not, please post again, then it's possible your ISP (whose DNS servers you normally use) can't handle Class D.

161652[/snapback]

You cannot say that man. Didnt you read what he wrote? that it was working before and then suddenly stopped. That should mean that ther was something wrong somewhere.

You can never tell. Maybe something has gone wrong with the hosting scripts or some other thing could have happened. Instead of you tryingto help him rectify the issue, you are giving an explanation about something else.

Well, I still feel that the Admins should do something to help him (that is, if the problem persists).

I have the same problems.... almost every month, the Xisto hosted ites server is unavailable for at least one ISP for about 3-4 days, It happened to me about 2 days ago, could not avvess the Xisto hosted sites server, other people could, just not me, It all started DURING uploading files via FTP, I lost the connection to the server, then it was gone all together, the server did not exist any more, but it did, as other people could access it, i had to use a proxy to view my own site. the wierd thing is, the exact same thing happened with another host, both use the SAME version of cPanel, yea....

Like i said before, i think it has something to do with the server software cPanel or FTP, maybe a bug with something? If its happened on two different servers with same versions on cPanel, thats what got me thinking.

Is it possible that FTP client causes those problems, or it has nothing to do with it? I also found that site starts working in about 2 hours after any changes made through FTP client.

Is it possible that FTP client causes those problems, or it has nothing to do with it? I also found that site starts working in about 2 hours after any changes made through FTP client.

162081[/snapback]

If you know the symptom why don't you try using a different FTP program. I use FileZilla--free software.

Currently, your site is up and running. July 16th, 2005 2:21PM EST. [GMT -5]

If its really cPanel related issue is there any way to fix it or change cpanel, because I've done a bit of research on my problem and found many complains about that version of cPanel and common sympttoms with my problem.