xisto Community
Guevara

What Desktop Resolution Do You Run On?

I have a 17 inch monitor at 1280 x 1024. I'm used to high resolutions, I can't stand anything lower.My family loves 800 x 600 htough O_oOn my dad's office computer I set the resolution up to 1600 x 1200 sometimes too :P, its a 19 inch.

I have a 17" TFT monitor and i'm using 1280 x 1024 resolution.

My eyes are adjusted with this high resolution so i don't think i'll change it soon..

Though after seeing maresan post about Hz, i've checked mine and the monitor is displaying at 60Hz.. is this too low?

At this resolution it can go up to 75Hz.. but is it safe to change? No problems in going from 60Hz to 75Hz?

161486[/snapback]

As no one replied to your question, I will.

I suppose it's not such a big issue, but as I said from personal expirience - the higher the refresh frequency, the easier it is to look at the screen for several hours. I usually work from 8 to 12 hours daily and it means a great deal to me. I've also tried 1280 x 1024 at 60, to get a better view at my designs, but I couldn't stand it. There was too much flickering.

You can switch to 75Hz and I believe after time you won't stand 60Hz either. (Higher the frequency -> less flickering -> easier to watch).

And it is completely safe, especially if your monitor supports it - and you say it does.

My monitor is supposed to support max 85 at my resolution (1024 x 780), but I raised it to 100, and have no problems with it . :P

Also, by changing refresh rate windows should give you a 15 second test mode during which it switches the refresh rate. If you do not see anything, just wait for 15 seconds, and it should go back to the original state.

I used to use 1280 * 1024, but my eyesight started to decline because of it, so now I'm back to 1024 * 768. Switch back at first, everything seemed huge, but now I'm used to it.

Normally 1024X768 100 Hz on a 19 Inch Monitor. Just makes Web Surfing and basic use a lot easier on the eyes.On those days when I am working on projects... Sometimes I boost it up to 1600X1200 just so I can fit more things on the desktop.

I'm the only mad guy here that have a 1152X864 resolution? I have a 17" monitor as other people and i do all things that other people do. Anyway I find this resolution very nice.

I've got 1024*786 on a good old 17" CRT monitor, I've never actually tried 800*600 on this monitor because a friend of mine had it like that on 15" CRT and the hugh text everywhere was really annoying, so when I got this computer the first thing I did was check the resolution, (it was 1024*768 by the way) and I've never changed it.

I'm running 1024*786 on both computers I have. One is LCD 15" and the second one is CRT also 15". Two years ago I had 800*600 but it's kinda to big (the desktop) and the status bar is just to big and looks bad. I can assure you that with 1024*786 your computer desktop looks much much better, and if not for other you can have twice times more icons on it and better quallity images for background. :P

i have a 17 inch monitor and its not LCD. too poor. lol. I have 1024x768. 800x600 is sorta big for me. And anything larger than my resolution has small fonts and thats just annoying. I think usually people with glasses use the greater resolutions. Its more space but its too small for me.

800x600 pixels on a 17" LCD monitor.

I can't stand the tiny text on 1024x768 pixel screen resolution. Maybe all this programming has affected my vision >_<.

161408[/snapback]

now i remember when i bought my first personal computer, it was 7 years ago, then lcd and crt monitors were so much expensive, and there were not choi9ces to make, for that time i bought a 14'' crt monitor and yes it had low frecuency and resolution and i always dream to buy a bigger monitor because i can't stay a long time in the computer, and the work space was too litle, but they were to expensive.

a few time ago i buy one new personal computer, and i got surprised when i saw the prices, now you can obtain a flat lcd monitor without expending a lot of money, even if the monitor is big, like 17'' or 19'', and now i'm happy, i have a high resolution panel and working at a high frequence, and i have it configured at 1024*768, i think it is the apropiated resolution for web design without forcing your sight! :P

I have a 15'' TFT monitor on a 1024x768 resolution. I have been thinking about upgrading to a LCD monitor sometime soon. I don't like using the 800x600 resolution. It is just too big for me too use. I like to have a lot of space on my desktop and when I have a lot of applications open.

Well, my screen resolution is 1024 X 768 on a 17" LCD Monitor. I find it pretty easy to use, instead of 1024 X 1028, I think that's hard. ;)