xisto Community
sonorama

The Perfect Girl/boy? Does it really exist?

beeseven said:

So I guess in answer to the topic's original question, no, I don't really think that there is a "perfect person" anymore, but there are probably many with whom it would be relatively easy to get along or have a strong relationship.

Well, I actually agree about the 'so called perfect girl/boy' and its nonexistence. The thing is that I don't either believe that there are plenty of people outside who would really easily get along with anyone in a serious relationship.

I'm not even sure if there's anyone like those 'close-to-perfection' partners in everyone's life. Perhaps there are plenty of people in the world who haven't even tasted that 'true love' we've been talking about...

Love hurts... and that is very OK for me -_-

beeseven said:

Well, I actually agree about the 'so called perfect girl/boy' and its nonexistence. The thing is that I don't either believe that there are plenty of people outside who would really easily get along with anyone in a serious relationship.

I'm not even sure if there's anyone like those 'close-to-perfection' partners in everyone's life. Perhaps there are plenty of people in the world who haven't even tasted that 'true love' we've been talking about...

Love hurts... and that is very OK for me  -_-

173829[/snapback]

Hmm... I have a theory... suppose two people fell in love but being torn apart managed to remain so bound to each other that they didn't get involved with other people? Patience can shape a person I think... However, the ultimate person-changing factor in my experience is knowing Jesus Christ, He's in the business of changing lives.

Scoff or laugh at what I'm saying, but I can tell you that many (if not all) of the most happily married people I know are those who serve Christ together. I know a lot of pastors and those involved in my church who have been happily married for 30 or 40 years. It's really heart-warming to see their loving familiarity with each other and how they can joke with each other and be a constant source of joy for each other :lol:

I think that's the true key however, you have to have love in your heart to both be able to receive it and to give it. And love is one of the attributes which God defines, and which Christ exemplified in His life.

Having a relationship with Christ in which He dwells in you and shapes you to become more like Him so that you love as He does greatly increases the love which will be in a marriage relationship, in my opinion.

And the other factor that may play a part I think is that patience which waits for the other person and foregoes other opportunities for the sake of the one you love. It's hard to fall away from what you've sacrificed for and dedicated yourself to. But of course in this society we're told to just go with whoever's available and the idea of dedication to anyone person is scoffed at and ridiculed. People no longer even save their virginity for the person they will marry, how much less anything else?

I guess what I'm saying is that the dedication, commitment, and patience is a big part of what will both endear you to the other person and keep you from leaving them.

The perfect girl is one who is sensitive. Warm hearted. Giving. Loyal. Smart and fun. Overall great personality. Have a great attitude. Able to make time for everyone including herself.

I think the perfect man or woman, depends on the other person's personality traits. For myself, the perfect man is who I married -_-. He's warm, kind, hilarious, big, strong, intelligent, and has a certain vulnerability that is very attractive. It's wierd, because he's got a combination of the good guy/bad guy thing. You know the saying, nice guys always finish last. That's not always true. Well he's got that macho thing going, plus he a vulnerable side to him as well. I think all guys should be made that way (hee hee).

I think the perfect man or woman, depends on the other person's personality traits.  For myself, the perfect man is who I married  :D.  He's warm, kind, hilarious, big, strong, intelligent, and has a certain vulnerability that is very attractive.  It's wierd, because he's got a combination of the good guy/bad guy thing.  You know the saying, nice guys always finish last.  That's not always true.  Well he's got that macho thing going, plus he a vulnerable side to him as well.  I think all guys should be made that way (hee hee).

174151[/snapback]

I must to tell you that I had a relationship with this kind of guy,for over two years I meen,with married man.Yes,they are different from other guys,they have maybe more experience in life,they are maybe stronger and they can maybe give you some advice and backup with some problems and stuffs but I don't think that they are perfect...simply,how can a man be perfect when he is cheating that woman that he had chosen to live for all his life?

And there is something else to,he would allways go back to his wife...and if he stay with you,do you really want to be with a "perfect" guy,who left his child and first family?Where is the garancy that he want left you like he did left his first wife...

That's my appinion... :)

hmmm, the perfect woman for me vida guerra!!!! nah haha To me she has to have an attractive personality and looks, but i havent met one perfect woman yet, theres no such thing until I meet one, Im sure shes out there. But theres just too much of a variety, one never has it all, solution = stay single and date a good variety of woman, find out what you value most, and if she posses all of these things marry her, if not theres plenty more fishies for everyone. :)

I think that there is no such thing as the perfect person. everyone has there flaws but it up to each individual person and how much they love the one there with. Perfect does not exist because God made us all with imperfections. If we lived in a perfect world with perfect people this world would be a better place. Each individual may think there significant other is perfect which is the way people should think.

I agree with dymondgurl, there is no perfect person. We live with our partners and as time passes we are getting accustomed to their flaws, vices... Because of that everyone serches for someone who would replenish others flaws, and if the right match is found , then those two people could represent something perfect.

When you "can't resist telling her how much you like her," you demonstrate a very special personality trait that I like to refer to as acting like a wuss.This means that instead of being cool, relaxed, and seeing where things go, you get overcome with emotion and feelings for a girl you don't even know, and decide to let her know what a wuss you really are.She probably enjoyed spending time with you. She may have even been interested in you in a romantic way.But when you go and blurt out your feelings for her, it makes you look like a bizarre fan or stalker. Bad thing.I have some more bad news for you. Usually this woman is attractive.I mean physically attractive. She's probably hot.Guess what?For some strange reason, men feel compelled to tell unusually beautiful women things like "I have feelings for you" or "I really, really like you" or "You're special" very early on in a relationship.And guess what?They start to think that all men are wussies, that they must be crazy, etc., and when they meet another guy who shares his feelings after the first date, they run for the hills.You need to lean back. Give women room.Don't see a new woman more than once or twice a week for the first several weeks (especially if she's unusually attractive).Find out whether it's okay to surprise a woman with gifts if you're into her and why women like jerks...

Any relationship takes work from both parties, be it friendship or a romantic endeavor.

I Totally agree. Anyone who thinks love is simple and easy is sadly, confused and misguided. Love takes WORK and RESPECT from BOTH parties involved. Yes, if you find someone you are compatable with it is MUCH easier. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 4. Can you guess how many times we have "fought"? I mean REALLY screaming, cursing, crying fought? ONCE.

I'm not saying we don't disagree or argue sometimes, but with ALL my friends and family members (married or not) they are CONSTANTLY fighting with their significant other. I really don't understand how they came to be in that spot. I mean they CHOSE that person. And don't give me any bull about how they CHANGED. They did not, you just DIDN'T want to SEE them for the dirt bag they are. (And sometimes the dirt bag is my relative :) )

Anyway, I think there is no "perfect" person for anyone. And I believe if you are open to it, there are MANY people who could be the "love of your life".

Hey :P i think your soul mate comes into your life when you dont know but you have to hold onto her and then youll find out one of my aunties found her husband or "soul mate" on the bus staring at her then she said why not give it a try and started chatting to him so you never know.. :(

I had lived this kind of relationship , The girl , in the beginning seemed to love me but .. something happened , we made some fight's and now i am trying to make a relationship with another one I dont think that there is a perfect girl or boy , I guess these things are just " illusions and nightmares" :P

I think that there are some people out there who may seem really great, but honestly everyone has flaws of some kind or another. Even if you think you've found someone who's perfect, they're gonna have problems. It's also really easy to "fall in love" and feel like this person is the one, and they may end up being that person, but they're really not much better than anyone else. When asked why they like their partner people are always like "I'm not a shallow person, I don't care about looks," and stuff and, well, it doesn't really matter. There's nothing wrong with liking someone because they're good looking, but there is something wrong with denying a person's looks as one of the reasons you like them. There is practically nobody who actually doesn't care about how their partner looks. There's nothing wrong with being "shallow" as long as you really do love your partner, and as long as you get along.I think that the only "perfect" boy/girl for the person is the person who they can be happy with, and for some people there will be a lot of people like that and for other people there won't. And there's nothing wrong with being easily satisfied either. It doesn't mean you have low standards, it just means that you can appreciate a wider range of people.I used to subscribe to the "there's only one person out there for me" theory, but now I've realized, though there aren't that many people I would want to be with, that I would be happy with basically anyone who is nice, smart, decent, and relatively low-strung. That rules out a lot of people, but there also a lot of people who are genuinely like that.