xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xc3ll

Americas Army The best game ever

America’s Army has just topped the 8 million mark for registered users! Debuting in July 2002 America’s Army has averaged nearly 150,000 new accounts per month and is truly an international success with registered players coming from over 60 different countries.

Posted Image

Since 2002 those registered players have logged over 3 BILLION player rounds, nearly 2 million player hours, and over 1100 Fan Sites have registered for our community listing. From the United States to New Zealand, Greenland to Singapore, Latvia to Chile, 38 different countries around the world host almost 1200 Honor servers.

The staff and developers of America’s Army would like to thank its players, community websites and all its partners for their continued support. HOOAH!

HONOR 60 BABY,

bet you guys cant kill me lol

Grenade

P.S. this was off the AA website. I find it real interesting.

Also read this, It will give you an idea of what the game is like. If you have never played it, its a good game to play. Trust me.

In July of 2002, the Army turned on the servers for the America's Army game and watched as thousands of gamers rushed to download our America's Army: Operations RECON version. Since then more than 5.5 million players have registered to join the America's Army experience. These players have participated in over 94 million hours of online play exploring Soldiering as members of elite U.S. Army units. These devoted fans catapulted America's Army into the top five online action games at its launch and have kept America's Army at the top of the charts ever since .

The development of the game has been an incredible journey for everyone involved -- from the project sponsors in the Pentagon; to the staff here at West Point who run the game; to our Soldiers who have been instrumental in making sure the America's Army game realistically depicts their world; to our developers who get hands on with the Army's technology and weapons. Though the America's Army teams are spread across the country, they are united in our goal of creating a virtual portal into the Army and to providing a first hand look at what it is like to be a Soldier.

The game has exceeded all expectations in placing Soldiering front and center within popular culture and showcasing the roles training, teamwork and technology play in the Army. Over the past few years, in eighteen updates and new game versions, we have opened up the world of Soldiering to players and provided them with a soup to nuts virtual experience within which to explore entry level and advanced training as well as Soldiering in small units. We have virtually taken our players through boot camp, through Ranger and Airborne training, and even introduced them to the Army's "Quiet Professionals", the elite Special Forces. Through America's Army, players have learned about rules of engagement (ROE), lifesaving, laws of war and Army Values, the set of noble values that are the foundation of the world's premier land force. In the game, successful completion of our unique ABC's of Lifesaving scenarios qualifies players to assume the role of a medic. In real life, this medic training provides fundamental first responder skills. In at least one case we know of, an America's Army veteran called upon these skills to save the life of his brother.

The Army and its developers have won more than 15 awards and accommodations for America's Army. However, what has brought the team the most satisfaction is hearing from the fans and Soldiers who play it. The America's Army fans are incredibly supportive of our efforts, from setting up their own servers, to active participation in our forums, interacting with our developers and establishing more than 900 fan sites around the world. We would like to give our heartfelt thanks to these players and our promise that we will continue to provide them with the best and most realistic virtual Soldier experience.

U.S. Army Soldiers have written and called us from around the world to tell us about their America's Army game experiences. They speak of the game's realism and attention to detail, noting how accurately the game's training environments mirror the training ranges from Fort Benning to Fort Jackson down to the placement of the trees to the layout of the obstacle course. Numerous Soldiers have told us how they are able to share their Army experiences with fellow gamers. These Soldiers proudly display their Army star icon in the game, and enjoy answering other players' questions about Soldiering. Soldiers who play America's Army speak of the support and encouragement they have received from America's Army fans worldwide. On behalf of the America's Army game project, we would like to thank these fans for supporting our Soldiers as they fight for freedom and liberty around the world.

Today we are working on new technologies, platforms and themes to broaden and deepen the America's Army experiences. We will continue to expand the careers covered in the game while adding technological enhancements to intensify the immersive Soldier experience the game affords. As the game grows, it will expand in richness and detail in terms of the number of resources players can bring to bear in virtual training and operational missions. When appropriate we will work with our government and future applications groups to incorporate new military technologies into the game to give players a look at the current and future armaments used by our Soldiers. Just as the Army is a dynamic organization, the game will continue to be a dynamic platform for learning about the Army and Soldiering.

Players can also look forward to the America's Army Real Hero program where they can learn about the backgrounds and accomplishments of actual Soldiers who have rendered distinguished service in the Global War on Terrorism. This program will incorporate these Soldiers' likeness and background into action figures, the game, and on our https://www.americasarmy.com/ and http://www.goarmy.com/ websites.

In summary, thanks for your support of the game over the three years since its release on July 4th, 2002. The game has grown into an international phenomenon, and will continue to grow on new platforms including Xbox, PS2, and cell phones. On behalf of the U.S. Army, the members of the Army Game Project staff look forward to sharing new virtual Soldier experiences with you over the coming years. Have a wonderful and safe July 4th. God bless America.

Notice from Dooga:
Do not copy from other websites. If you do, please quote it.

from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Grenade

P.M. me with any questions related to it

In my opinion Counter Strike Source is better than americas army. Only so because in Americas Army you have to do training and by the time I'm done with that. I get really bored with the game and dont wanna play it. Then i get no online action and it makes me mad! Vs. Counter Strike Source.. Login and play.

America's Army is a great game. I accept that it doesn't have the best graphics but its very realistic. Its made for people who like to play realism games rather than arcade games trying to be realistic. The damage system is well balanced and the accuracy as well. It builds teamwork if you use any type of voip system. This game is more for the people that like to play more as a team than as individuals. If anyone is interested in joining a clan or just simply have someone to play with just contact me via my xfire and my xfire name is hyriu.

Great new free game that I have been playing for a while now. It is one of the five most popular PC action games played online. It provides players with the most realistic military experience available, from exploring the development of Soldiers in individual and collective training to their deployment in simulated missions in the War on Terror.Visit official site here: https://www.americasarmy.com/
Get your levels up, join a clan, drive veichles and much more. I like it and i hope you do too! :lol:

I love america's army. I love the realism. I don't play many games really. If I do play it though, it has to be realistic. That's probably why I don't really play many games. There aren't many realistic games out there. I know this will upset a lot of people, but I hate games like counter strike. America's Army is very nice though. I am not able to run the newest version thought. It has some crazy system requirements, and I'm lacking a decent system. They also made the game for XBOX. It was pretty well put together. They had a sniper training mission that lasts two days. It's wonderful. I love this game. I'm a real army buff, I love everything about the army. So this game is perfect for me. It's really cool how in multiplayer, you really have to rely on teamwork in order to achieve victory. The Army definitely did well in making this game. Probably one of the best FPS out there IMO. America's Army FTW!

What kind of game is it? Would have been good with a URL link on the first post :)

Well... the name should tell you. It's a game where you play as a soldier in AMERICA'S ARMY. You can just do a search on google or your favorite search engine for Americas Army and you can find out all the information about it. You can download the game from the website or visit your recruiter and get the game on CD-ROM.

This game is amazing! The graphics just make me shun in fear. The gameplay is also extremely realistic. I love this game just as you do. Its not like counterstrike, where you die in 5 shots. In this game you die in two. Its all about finding a hiding spot! Watch out guys I'm coming to kill you guys!

This game will certainly be one of the most ironic games ever. Americas army is a tatical shooter made by the U.S ARMY. The launch of this game had many problems because there were very few official servers to play and because the game had many bugs. But they panic, now many more servers to be able to enjoy this spectacular game. The game and totally free, and only that to download to play this exciting game. The game aims to show how life in the U.S army and its career opportunities. To be able to use all the features of this game will have to pass through several stages, and can not begin to kill people, because the game wants to not be very violent. Although the graphics of the game are not the best this game is of great interest.Good. :rolleyes:

I tried the game, TWICE!I never could get past the friggin' training missions. Didn't have enough patience to sit through them all.I suggest Warrock as an alternative.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the game. I tried it and it was alright, but it was too realistic for my tastes (that, and it's a [almost] cost-free advert for the US Army). But I do have to agree that it is very well made and for those who like realism (in terms of team tactics/strategy) nothing else can really compare.I haven't tried Warrock yet, so I can't comment on it. However, from first impressions, it looks really fun.