xisto Community
Steve

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage Which do you prefer?

Which web developer to you prefer  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dreamweaver MX 2004 is probably the best program I beleive ever made. It has such simple controls and if you know HTML and flasah you can design any web layout you want as long as you have a good imagination. And the unique layer sytem is just amazing. When I first doewqFrontpage isa alsao a very good program but the fact it isa not truly flasah enabled like dreamweaver is, makes it extremly flawed.

Frontpage isa alsao a very good program but the fact it isa not truly flasah enabled like dreamweaver is, makes it extremly flawed.

It's not Frontpage's Flash-support which makes it flawed, it's the overbloated, messy code it produces that makes it flawed.

well thats well the html tidy comes in but that sometimes screws it up i only dreamweaver for i'm trying to fix errors for a website. but its way better then front page due to the fact you have so much control in what you do.

personally i've worked with both editor ... dreamweaver is more flexible to wokr and i think it makes you feel more free, ive seen some designs made with frontpage or with a kind of wizard it have ... the websites are ugly ... :unsure: also i saw a gallery generated with a kind of wizard that frontpage have ... and they are horrible ...i prefer dreamweaver||| :P

i never used dreamweaver, i used frontpage most of the time but i havent even seen waht dreamweaer looks like .. i thought frontpage was good actually lol.. is there a place whre i can download dreamweaver by itself? i don't wanna download the whole pack, the mx studio thing, takes to long and don't need it.if you know a link, can ya pm it to me please? cause i probbably will forget to look on this board again, but i'll try to come and see it.

Well go to macromedia.com and download a trial version. Then go to google and search Macromedia Dreamweaver 2004 MX serial code. Look it up and put it in where it says enter serial code and you got yourself maybe the best program on the internet.It kills frontpage and fronpage does make a horrible messy code. The dreamweaver comes out nice and slick and the layer system is so great. You feel like your in control of everything! :unsure:

definitly dreamweaver is the winner,it has all what a web developer dreams and the integration with the rest of macromedia software makes it simply the best, specially flash and coldfusion support.don't mess arround, macromedia is the best solution for web design and creativity :unsure:

Frontpage Vs Dreamweaver debate again! :P Frontapge really is quite easy to use for a beginner to HTML, and is an easy way to learn some basic Tags.Frontpage can cut back alot of work from typing cose out manually if you don't know what your doing.On the other hand dreamweaver gives you the flexibilty to do lots more with your site. It may also give you some trouble if you have no idea how to use the program to its full ability.It depends on the person, Microsoft have easy to use, slopy code, bug infected programs.Macromedia have fully featured programs giving you full control over content and is great. Enough blah blah from me... :unsure:

Sometimes, financial constraints mean that we don't actually have a choice between the two .... I'd love Dreamweaver .... I'd love a good graphics tool, like maybe Paintshop pro .... I'd love to win millions on the lottery and have a mansion and holiday in the Bahamas .... but it ain't happening ....

so it's a bit annoying when people slate Frontpage saying it produces ugly web pages .... I'm acutely aware of the limitations of my website .... so please don't rub it in ....

Cheerie .... Posted Image

I started off with frontpage. Used that for about 8 months. I felt like I needed a better program that gave me more control over what I wanted to do (with my limited html knowledge). Then my friend introduced me to Dreamweaver. I've been using it ever since.

I hate programs that guess what I wan't and try to finish, or fill in the blanks... Frontpage must be the most worthless piece of software ever made :unsure: Dreamweaver MX 2004 rules... Though, the feature where it automaticaly closes the tag I open, goes on my nerves a bit :DBut compared to frontpages messy code, stuffed with worthless unnecessary tags and code... Peach :DGooooooooo Dreamweaver! :P

Frontpage is rubbish, cant set table borders to 0, and i made a template for someone in Dreamweaver, they opened it in Frontpage, and it looked completley different, the background images of tables i added (using css) did noit show at all. and dreamweaver does not have a unique layers system, loads of other programs have the ability to add layers, the same as Dreamweaver does... layers are only for dreamweaver, you dont get different html for different programs, layers arent unique to dreamweaver.

I started off with frontpage. Used that for about 8 months. I felt like I needed a better program that gave me more control over what I wanted to do (with my limited html knowledge). Then my friend introduced me to Dreamweaver. I've been using it ever since

Same thing with me.I started with Frontapage.But whenever i was introduced Dreamweaver.I liked it very much.Dreamwever is very easy & complex to use.No Microsoft ony understandable codes are generated by Dreamweaver.Fully XHTML complaint.That is what i like with Dreamweaver.