xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Google Homepage

You can see the lates Gmails you have recieved, word of the day, quote of the day, Movies and Weather in your area (US residents only), you can even get the stock market.

Only one thing interests me out of these. And that's the weather.

that is cool... but I like a few google services and they are more fund as a whole individually and not small parts here and there.. like the news top3/4 ..... naah....and mailbox.. i wud prefer it whole.. but nice one for a change...Cheers.

Only one thing interests me out of these. And that's the weather.

157125[/snapback]

:unsure: i have a better tool than IGoogle for that. i just look outside my window for the weather! lolz! :D just kidding! :D

You can see the lates Gmails you have recieved, word of the day, quote of the day, Movies and Weather in your area (US residents only), you can even get the stock market.

157095[/snapback]

Just want to add a couple of more things that it offers:

Dow

Nasdaq

NYSE

S&P 500

Add a stock ticker:

New York Times

BBC News

Google News

Weather

Wired News

Slashdot

Movies

Driving Directions

Another fine service of google I guess. Very good to use as homepage because:- Loads pretty fast (As with most Google websites)- Has info you would otherwie need to check site by site- Has qoutes which makes you laugh

This isn't a stale news to me. I didn't know earlier that there is customizeable homepage for google. This looks cool. I have just set a new homepage of Google site for my system. I like google news, it is one of the best news source source. The features are great and thank you for sharing.

The features are great, but I am in the UK, and the weather doesn't work! The driving directions can also be a little bit dubious sometimes. It does make a good homepage, rather than doing the rounds of 3 or 4 sites every time you get on the PC.

Stale news :P

157109[/snapback]

I must be Google challemged or something. I had no idea that Google had all these new features until now. But this homepage thing isn't really as useful as the other Google tools. Then again, I never found homepage thingies useful >_>