xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

First Music Cassette And Cd You Ever Bought What was the first music cassette and cd

What was the first music cassette and music cd you ever bought?I still remember the first music cassette I ever bougth, and It was michael jackson's dangerous album. I remember I was about 8 or 10 at that time, and that I listened to it all the time until my brother got fed up with it that he ended up destroying it. :rolleyes: The first music cd I ever bought was Alanis Morrisette's jagged little pill. I was about 13 at that time I think, it was a really cool cd, and I still have it. :lol:

lol, I'm not quite sure this is the correct area to9 post this topic, but OK, I must say: NICE, Michael Jackson' Dangerous wasn't tyhat bad, but I definitely dislike Alanis, anyways, it is jus question of taste.My very firs cassette was "La Cagaste Burt Lancaster" (Hombres G), inb that time I was only 7, but I loved the band because of their irreverence.My first CDs were the 101 by Depeche Mode and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me by The Curer at the age of 12. I still have them all, I am currently 27 years old, and still looking for new and nice music. I must add: the music that I currently listen to, is not quite easy to find in my country, actually, there are not so many people who like the same as me.Greetings from Mexico, mexican dude!Cheers! :rolleyes:

well i can't remember my age when i bought my first cassette hmmm let me remember *remembering* ok well.. actually i bought 2 cassettes at the same time it was the Britney Spears ( LOL xD ) "Baby One More Time" and Lou Vega "Mambo No.5" and My first Cd... hmmm... No Strings Attached from N'Sync... LOLOLOL xD

HaHa! I had Jagged Little Pill too, I think It was the third CD I'd ever bought. The first cassette was Debbie Gibson and the first CDs were No Doubt (Tragic Kingdom) and 311 (The one with "Down"). :unsure:

I'm to young to even know what a cassette is.(even though I'm 15, haha, and I do know what one is)But the first cd I bought....omg, this is so embarasing(arron carter) AHHH. Omg, I was like 10 years old...and now it's like, ewwwwwwwwwwww. So lets not count that one k? First *real* CD I ever bought was Rob Zombie.Now adays I listen to even better bands.PennywiseRise Against(not rise against machines)Alexisonfire(OMG!)The Offspring(Wee!)Little bit o nickelback and AC/DC here and there.Still listen to Rob Zombie!I throw my Aron Carter CD onto the ground and shattered it after this book store took all my others but didn't want Aron Carter CD.(losers)

gahh, first cassette I ever bought was... NSYNC.Hey, I was only like 10 or 11 years old.I totally regret ever ever buying that.My first CD, however, was a great choice.Linkin Park's "Meteora".By far my favourite album.I only buy Linkin Park CDs now :unsure:

I kinda forgot what the first CD or cassette I bought for myself, but I remember the first LP (that's right, as in vinyl) I bought. If was Drastic Plastic by Be-Bop Deluxe (of which one of the members was the nusical genius Bill Nelson), a band from the UK. The record was released in 1978 under the Harvest label.

This will show my age... The first cassette I ever bought for myself was the soundtrack from the movie ET. I don't really know why I bought it. It made my life seem more dramatic as I walked around playing it on my little tape recorder.The first cassette I ever owned though, was Cheap Trick's self titled first album. I stole it from some guy who came over to visit my dad. First LP- Kiss' Destroyer. When I was 3 years old my teenaged uncle didn't want it anymore and said whoever caught it got to keep it. Cds- I won a CD player in a radio contest along with the Def Leppard catalog.

Hmm... well. I'm sort of young, so I've never bought a Cassette before. I've probably said that word like once in my life aswell.But my first CD was All Killer No Filler ~ Sum 41. Which is still one of my favourite CDs. *goes to find it*

My first cassette was probably "Dyerene i Hakkebakkeskogen" or something. It's a norwegian storythingy for children, so you probably wouldn't know what it is :D I think my real fist cd, the one I bought for myself, was Spice Girls. I remember everyone used to listen to it..I loved it so much :unsure:

I know the first old record I had was one from Neneh Cherry, I was like 2-3 years old...and I used to dance in my diapers on her songs ahahaha.My first casette waas from: Kaoma - LambadaMy first cd I think was from: Monica - Don't take it PersonalHahahaha, this topic is nice, it makes me remember things from back in tha days...

My first cassette was some kid song cassette i think, couldn't really remember. But the first CD I ever bought was Backstreet Boys. I think it was because I was influenced by my friend. He played the song "Everyone" while we were riding in his mum's car and I thought it had a nice tune to it.I had to beg my dad to buy it because CD's weren't very popular at that time and 1 original cd cost around RM40(if converted according to the currency now would be around 10USD), but in the end he got it for me and it kept me in my room for quite some time :)

Hehe, first casette bought was a Best Of from Eagles. Yes I am such a classic :D I liked it because it had a red-and black cover and a big american highway on it. I listened to it a few times but didn't like it. It was my ABBA period :) But then I really started to like Eagles. Heck, I even got the tape HERE, right beside me. :)

I brought the first music cassette of hindi movie kaho naa pyaar hai..!!This movie was super duper hit and it ran for nearly one year in threatres with packed houses..I brought the first music cd of only hindi songs from my brother.Those songs are really cool and worth to listen.All these songs were MP3, which was a very good quality to hear. I have it with me now.. :huh:

I was only around 12 or 13 when I got my first cassette, and iirc, it was the best of the "eagles", followed by one of the earlier Blink 182 tapes (Cheshire cat). I have a mix of music tastes and still have them today.My first CDs however would be the Presidents of the USA and the follow album (II). Following that I bought the Batman Forever and Men in Black CDs, which were pretty much the movies out at the time. I still have them today, but I'd have to say the most regrettable CD purchase would have to be one of em 'Hit Machine' CDs, which then and today is full of teenybopperish type music.