xisto Community
kservice

Building A New Pc?

Hello all, I have been researching and will soon be building a new PC. I just wanted to post the parts I am currently leaning towards and get some opinions. My budget is limited to about the value of the parts I posted, so an upgrade one place would require a downgrade another. All opinions are appreciated. Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Processor: Athlon 64 3200 Venice Graphics: GeForce 7800GTX RAM: OCZ 2GB GOLD Hard Drive: 200GB Seagate Barracuda ATA-150 7200 RPM Case: Lian Li PC-61 PSU: Fortron AX-500 DVD/CD: LGE GSA-4163B kservice

Well it would help if you gave us a description of what you planned on using the computer for because if it is for gaming, you might need to change one or two things but if its just for developement or a server, you would be able to downgrade a bunch of things. Let us know so we can give u a better answer.

Well, it's up to your if you want a highest setup the you must spend nough money for that, but if you think the one you posted earlier will fits your need or passed already to your own requirements then go for it... You can't asseble very nice PC with small amount of money.

how about going for a Gig of ram and getting a second hard disk? Then you can stripe them, and boost your access speeds. then when you come across some more $$$, you can always stick in the other gig of ram.

how about going for a Gig of ram and getting a second hard disk?

Then you can stripe them, and boost your access speeds. then when you come across some more $$$, you can always stick in the other gig of ram.

157312[/snapback]

I want the computer for DVD encoding, gaming, and to have component that will work in future OS and games, (64 bit), About the H.D. is better dual HD, but is expensive than a single HD.

Another option is to buy a powefull notebook (like a desktop replacement), with wi-fi, DVD-RW, and a good Video Board, 512/1G ram, 60gb HD,

Because i am not playing every day, and i don´t need a perfect game machine, , Why do you thinh about these alternatives???

kservice

If your budget is limited, I would consider NOT getting the GeForce 7800 GTX. That's so new, it's not even out yet. Whe it does come out, it will be a top-of-the-line model. :unsure: So you're talking about $600 US. Now, if you're not a really hard-core, serious gamer who keeps up with bleeding edge software and hardware, I would suggest a GeForce 6600. Only about 1% of society actually ever buys the very best video card. And when you do, the value of it is going to drop more quickly than a model that is a little older and slower.

Here's a nice little article for you to read: http://www.geek.com/date/2005/6/

Local Gamming or/and Internet/LAN Gamming?Think of Network speed for gamming, game quailty shouldn't depend on Network performance, but most cases always does.Most good games, don't need that great of a computer if your not a hardcore gamer.

Local Gamming or/and Internet/LAN Gamming?

Think of Network speed for gamming, game quailty shouldn't depend on Network performance, but most cases always does.

Most good games, don't need that great of a computer if your not a hardcore gamer.

158690[/snapback]

Yes i think that the video board is not the suitable, for the games that i play, also 200GB of HD is a lot because with 120 or 80gb is OK to me. But I like the idea of buy a notebook, obviously with U$S650 /750 i couldn't buy a extreme poweful laptop, but there are some alternatives, for example, Intel Launched a new IGP called Intel Extreme 900, that support DX9 with PS2.0, for a low cost notebook is a better alternative thanthe previous version (Intel Extreme 2), you can play DOOM3 with this one, but you could play games like C&C Generals, etc,

Also there are some inexpensive IGP for ati. but in the U$S700 market, i only saw the Intel IGP,

So, help me with this decision, and tell me 2 alternatives Intel vs AMD notebook, that give me the possibilities, that i need.

kservice

What is the best Assembled pc?prosessor amd phenom 2 x4 945 (144 $)Mother BoardEcs A785gm-m (110 $)Graphic CardsXfX Hd5450 - i gm ram (93 $)RamCorsair 2 gb ddr3 @ 1333 mhz (29 $)Hard Diskseagate 1tb 7200.12 (66 $)Monitorviesonic vx2250 (200 $) plz suggest cheap other components to build up my own rig!

your question is no clear, for building a new PC it is very important to know what do you want to do with so i will give you some information and after that some examples for better decision :Cpu is very important but there is a very important factor you should have in mind and that is the price/performance factor, it means you have to keep both in mind and do not waste your money on a cpu which doesn't give you the performance compared to it price. now i will say what i mean more clear, you have chosen phenom II x4 945 for 144$ but i suggest you Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 , AMD is powerful in gaming but Q8400 is powerful in some desktop apps like photoshop and things like this, and in total Q8400 is slightly more powerful but this is not why i have suggest it to you, i have sugeest it to you because i saw you graphic card which is not very powerful, in fact it is weaker than old 8600 GT and this fact shows that you are not very interested in gaming so i have suggested you the intel one, with going for intel you will save around 10$ too.Now the motherboard, if you go for intel then you should change your motherboard, my suggestion is DP43BF from intel itself, so it is reliable and cheap ! it is around 80$ now so you will save 30$ here and you will get same performance so do you see how you can save your money :D? by the way i thought that you are not a fan of overclocking but if you want to overclock you cpu this board will do that only in basic settings. i have used this mother board and i can say intel motherboards are more durable than those which made by ellite group (ECS) but i also think the price you have mentioned for ECS board is a little high in your place.Graphic card : first of all i should say why you want DX11 ? look when your graphic card is weak then having the ability of handling DX11 is not an advantage because in real world it can't run a dx11 game in the conditions that you can feel the difference, i mean if it even allow you to play a DX11 game you have to reduce everything (resolution, details, AA , AF ,...) so you will not see any features of DX11 as expected, but anyway the price you mentioned for a 5450 is so high, just try to see other shops too, my suggestion is XFX Radeon HD 5670 for around 90$ , so the brand is same but this is more powerful (really more poweful!) than your chosen card, with this even you can have the experience of DX11, it will give you the ability to play some DX11 games with medium and even high details with acceptable frame rate of above 30 frame per second.Ram is good, H.D.Ds are nearly same these days so don't worry about it and the monitor is something that you should like, go to shops and see the color and response time and choose what you want, be careful about the panel, don't buy chinese made panels only go for those which are korean or made in japan (u.s.a is a little expensive :P). for psu my suggestion is cooling master and the amount of it for my suggested system can be a 600 - 650 watts. for case go for local made ones, most of the times they are better. for keyboard and mouse and speaker again my suggestion is local ones if your country makes and if not then for keyboard and mouse Genious is cheap and Logitech is strong, for speakers go for a Creative one.Again i say this is very important to know what you want to do with your pc, so before buying you hardwares just think again about it.