xisto Community
concertina226

Do You Use Neopets? Free Games, Forums, Fun for Everyone :)

I used 2 use neopets... wen i was lyk 8 - 10! i spose it wasn't all that bad.. the guilds lead 2 me teaching myself HTML... then move on to Javascript...C++....Java.... :) Wow....

I use to go there all the time. I had some much money until one day because me any my sis both had accounts it said they closed both accounts. I was rally mad becuase i have been playing for months. So after that i basically stopped going.

I started to play neopets when i was in Year 4, my friend told me that it was really fun and he told me about what you do in the game. He told me that you had to take care of a creature and that you can play games. Since i was about 10 at the time the game seemed like alot of fun. When i started to play it, I was only on 56kbps Dial up and so it took forever to play games but it was worth it. Sure my brother would get annoyed as i was using the internet for games and neopet auctions. Later on as i grew up i started to play it like twice a week but soon started to only play the games and not take care of the pets. If they were alive then im sure that they would have been dead along time ago, but that is what makes neopets great. You can forget to feed them and they will still live. I also used to challenge my friends to fights always losing as i had no armour or weapons at all. Soon i began to drift away from playing neopets as i started to grow up and found it to be a bit childish. I stopped playing it about a year ago, and am wondering if they have updated anything else or if they still have competitions like they used to? Also do they still have all those rare pets in the adoption agency? Because when i played they had so many things that made it great but now all i hear are negative things about it.

Neopets are only for those very young kids. I dont know why some old people are playing these games. It sucks, the games are all promo games, you never win anything good at any contests. And the games are too hard to beat. Also, neopets is a waste of time, whoever plays neopets right now should get up and go outside to get some sunshine.

i have never played neopets myself but i do know people (my sister) who have played neopets and it doesnt look too bad. Its a fun game for kids that want to interact with other kids online. I am glad that they have a big safety guideline on the chat so kids cant chat with those people we always hear about in the chat rooms. From what i have heard and seen of the game it doesnt look too bad to me.I guess its pretty popular because i see all the time at the store stuffed animals and whatever that have to do with neopets, so it looks like its getting to be a pretty popular site.

Yeah, I also noticed that Neopets gets advertised bigtime when they have happy meals of them. Speaking of neopets advertisements.. I see one right now on the top left corner of my screen... -.-'

It's fun for a while.I've been on Neo since 2002. It's changed a heck of a lot. There weren't any ads when I joined, and there weren't as many n00bs either (XD). I'm not on much anymore, just to battle. I should've been on more during the Advent calendar, because I know much that stuff's gonna inflate. :P Oh well.

i used to play neopets before. i even had three pets. two i created and one i adopted. i don't play that much way back then. i only collect free stuff given daily as advised by my brother. i maintain a low amount of money so i could just rely on soup fairy to feed my pets lol. i'm such a bad owner really. then i got tired of the game. i had my classmate take my account and get all the stuff i had there and let him cancel the account himself. and besides i really don't have much use of that. and i really can't play the game that much. the browser-based games kinda suck for me, especially since they lack animation. lol.but anyway, both of my brothers play that. even the older one, and to think he's already working.

i maintain a low amount of money so i could just rely on soup fairy to feed my pets

Cheapskate :D That, by the way, is the pot calling the kettle black :P

I am a cheapskate myself but I don't rely on the soup faerie. There are lots of other means for you to feed your pet for free. For example, if you don't mind cholesterol poisoning, you can always get a free omelette at Tyrrania everyday. If you don't mind sweets, there are also free jellies at jelly world.

the browser-based games kinda suck for me, especially since they lack animation

If you were talking about the Battledome, I totally agree :P

The early neopets site had web-based games but they now have flash-based games. I do admit that a lot of times, some of their artwork suck. I do think these lousy artwork are remnants of an earlier Neopet age. I must concede that they probably have better artists now for their new flash games are quite nice, graphics-wise.

There are some exceptions, of course. The recent Advent Calendar had a few terrible entries. They have nice sounds (music) but when it comes to giving voice to neopets, I'd say it's downright pathetic. All you get are a few yeeps, yows and yelps.

I know many people might scoff me for even being a member of neopets. However, what I do like about it is that, first, it immerses me in a virtual world where I can pretty much do anything I want. True, I can do the same with any other online RPG; there are a lot that are free too. That's where the second part comes in: Neopets doesn't pull me in too much. With games like Ragnarok Online, O2Jam or even the pathetic Runescape, there is always the "I can't leave my character like this" pull disabling me from, well, leaving the game. With Neopets, I can leave whenever I want to.

It's pretty much repetitive but it's what rocks my world. Plus, it's also nice to see my virtual bank acount growing fatter each day :D

(One day, I'll rule the virtual stock market)

Ya neopets i remember that game. I used to play when i was like 7-8 years old. I havent played it in a long time. I am 14 years old right now, and i would never think of playing that game again. Its really meant for little kids. Not to offend anyone who plays it that is older. just saying.

Those things remind me of gigapets back in the late 90s. I wanted one so bad and the piece of crap broke after a while. It was a craze back then. You had to fed it, play with it, and all that. Pretty much a cheap mini simulation game. I'd rather get the real animal and take care of it , lol.

their levels of tech expertise never cease to amaze me. i thought they were this little kiddy site which was easily hacked and easily cheated upon. for a start, I thought you could get special things by modifying the URL. well they use phtml (combination of php and html, though they could just use .php), which is extremely similar to php, to make it near-impossible to cheat.but yes, their site is of quite poor quality, and too flashy for my liking. and it's littered with ads. too bad for the site their admins haven't heard of anti-leeching. i used ZA to stop all the banners and pop-ups.their games, powered by Adobe Flash are, uh, inexpensive. in some cases they look like a 10-minute job.and i agree with salamangkero, their battledome is even more basic. obviously they don't want the little kiddies to be bashed on the head by their parents after wetting their pants watching their cute little kacheeks scratching the life out of another pet. but you must admit, after all, the programmers at neopets aren't bad, being able to design a site like THAT from scratch. but you also have to admit it's targetted at those who sleep with teddy bears.

Edited by detportal (see edit history)

I tried Neopets a couple years ago.I didn't really like it because the lack of organization. Not really sure how to explain it. It just wasn't something I liked.Don't get me wrong it was semi-fun but just not the kind of thing I like.I like games with different skills like woodcutting etc.