xisto Community
MechVegita

A Time Machine

a recent news article on the topic of time travel:

New model 'permits time travel'

If you went back in time and met your teenage parents, you could not split them up and prevent your birth - even if you wanted to, a new quantum model has stated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4097258.stm

paradox explained?

Time travelling can be really beneficiary if we could see what faullts and errors we commited previously and what consequences we are facing today for that.Many of our curiosities can be truly satisfied through time travelling as our present is truly standing on the stead of our past. Our past forms the basis of our today.May be through time travelling we answer this very complicated and much asked qustion- who came first the chicken or the egg?

Well I like to make some time travels there is a lot of times I want to visit like the Mayan age in Honduras, The third reich in the 20st century, the Roman empire but I think and I dont know if you think in my way too It´s better time travels are not possible today. All the human have the right to live their lives and make mistakes is part of the human nature and my question is the next if you live in a period when the entire world is in war and you return to the past and you stop all the sequence of events that conditioning the war you think the present from you travel will really change I dont think so all the dead people will not return from the other side and be live again that is not possible and I can´t imagine go to the past and save Hitler, Stalin, Kennedy, Colossio, Mussolini and avoid their murders. You think this is possible?? I don´t think soIt would be cool to visit all the old civilizations and get some answers to all the question about the mayans, the egypcians for example but change the future I dont think so my friend...

Backward time travel in the same spacetime ivolves paradoxes with no resolution.The normal example is that of killing your own grandfather. You go back in time and kill your grandfather. But then you could not have been born, and could not have killed your grandfather....paradox.For this reason (and others) most physicists think backward time travel is either impossible or would put you in another universe - a copy of this one.

A Time machine can be good if used with the right motive. But i feel the first thing people would do is go back in past and try and correct the mistakes they have caused. Which would mean that people will never learn from their mistakes because they would be assured that even though they commit a small or big crime they always have the power to change it and we would never understand the importance of time. Like it is said, "With time we learn".

But if you went back and corrected the mistake then the mistake never happened, so there is no mistake for you to go back and correct.Ya see da problemo

Time travel is not possible in that no one can go back in time to participate in or change events that have already happened in the past. In that sense, time machine is impossible.In theory, it is possible to see what has happened in the past if one can manage to catch up with the light emitted from a past event. The important point is it is possible to see what has happened in the past but not participate in a past event. In that sense, time machine is possible.Einstein's theory has fundamental flaws and will be proven wrong over time.

Einstein's theory has fundamental flaws and will be proven wrong over time.

That is a big claim, and although I don't disagree, I wonder what you base it on?

Time travel is not possible in that no one can go back in time to participate in or change events that have already happened in the past. In that sense, time machine is impossible.

In theory, it is possible to see what has happened in the past if one can manage to catch up with the light emitted from a past event. The important point is it is possible to see what has happened in the past but not participate in a past event. In that sense, time machine is possible.

Einstein's theory has fundamental flaws and will be proven wrong over time.

Well, there's also the theories that there are multiple universes and that "we" don't really exist in our true form. It's all based on a belief system though, and while I don't believe that time travel will ever be possible, there's been quite a few things people have accomplished that I could have said the same thing about.

The Everett Many Worlds interpretation of quantum physics is a bit more than a basic belief. I'm pretty sure than a lot, if not most, physicists would go along with it...

one of my favourite movies is Back to the Future it is a great movie, but time travel is not possible if it was everybody would be doing it with such a machine everybody would going back and change the future, if it was possible time travel would be a very dangerous thing you would be able to change the future to your own liking as well as mess things around. i would never get in such a machine or travel back to the future to mess with things. but such a thing is great to imagine and makes a great movie.

We do virtual time travel everyday in our dreams without affecting the past or the future.I would assume if you do a real time travel it wouldn't be much different. You're just aware of the past without the past being aware of you.Oh no, listen to what I'm saying. It's getting confusing. I'll be content to do that in my dreams.I learn a lot from reflecting on my dreams as they help me understand myself. It's just like your built in auto maintenance. You only need to listen to them, I mean your dreams.

Time travel certainly makes for great science fiction, lots of movies, and even a whole television series (Quantom Leap) but I can't see how it could even be possible. And since it has never been done, how does anybody know that if you went back and changed the past, the whole entire future would change? Now, if it could be done, which I still don't think it can, it might be fun to go WAY back, to answer a lot of questions science has been unable to answer. Like what really did happen to the dinosaurs, did Atlantis really exist, how much continental drift has actually occured in the past million years or so, and of course, is climate change for real, or has the planet been undergoing constant changes, both hot and cold since the begining of time. And while we are at it, I suppose we could actually find out just when the beginning of time actually was.

Time machine has both positive and negative uses.. If used by a criminal or person with wrong intention it could be devastating but if used by some loyal and genuine person for peoples benefits, it could be a boon to our lives.