xisto Community
Becca

Layout Stealers I really HATE them

I'm getting really annoyed with people STEALING layouts! It's really getting on my nerves. I've had my entire layout stolen twice.. including the css and all the coding.
I put a copyright sign my my site and tell people not to steal.. but oh no they still do it!
This one girl even has the nerve to say that the site is copyrighted to her and everything!

Everything on this site is Š Vicky and if you steal anything I can actually sue you. Rocks dunnit?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Like totally the SAME layout as I had. She even called her site Vintage Fairy as well!

(my site http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=vintagefairy&e=com, changed my layout.)

You can even view her source code and well the css code directs back my site vintagefairy.com.

I'm going to email her soon. :D

Just though I would post this because I want to tell everyone what a stealing biatch she is.

There is really no way too stop it. All they have to do in IE is right click and view source. You could disable right click with some javascript, but then if there clever they will click on View ----> Source. Same thing happened to me. First I was like WOW someone liked my layout enough too take it without my permission. I then asked them to give me credit and I would be fine with. They're like, I did it myself. Lol, funny thing is most of the comments in his code are the same as mine. But anyways, there really isn't anything we can do about. There are just too many websites for people to police it. Unless its major, where there is money loss then there isn't much too do. Even if you bring them to court they could easily just take the site down and say it never existed or some kinda BS like that. I guess we we have to bare with the a55's in life.

I know and blocking right clicking annoys EVERYONE including me.. and everyone will be like.. omg.. why can't I right click? so effing peeing me off. well actually it isn't but I feel annoyed a little inside that someone would actually say they did something they didn't

Well, it seems as if she got some sense knocked into her now because she "left the net."By the way, how did you happen to find her site?? It certainly couldn't be Google because I'm sensing that she just recently stole your layout.

By the way, how did you happen to find her site?? It certainly couldn't be Google because I'm sensing that she just recently stole your layout.

most likely thru trawling refer logs on wordpress, it's quite useful. Anyways, if you ever find people who steal your layouts, try this website -> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ damn useful.

Funnily enough.. I did find it through google

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=vinle+Search&meta=

Every know and then I check my site out in google lol.. and also I go to my awe stats to see who is linking me and sometimes some people hotlink my images and most of the time they are using my layouts.. like the ones I am currently using with out asking permission... -:D-

Ok this will sound more cliche than ever... but Becca that so sucks... I visit your site from time to time, it actually inspired me to try a more css approach :D The only thing I dislike about your layout (the temp dirt one and the previous one) is that it only fills half of my browser... But nonetheless I'd hate for that to happen to anything I do, so yeah... I mean, judging from your graphics, your pixel art and all, you spend DAYS working on a lay out and to then have some *insert a beep here* rip it, is just beyond ...pffft, I think your site rocks nonetheless.

Wow that is completely rude and inconsiderate. I do know that any novices web designers looks at other peoples codes and uses it to enhance their own website but stealing the whole sites layout is horrible. LIke if she took like part of the side bar and rewrote the css and changed images and such that i think would be ok but to use everything you wrote is mean and disgraceful.

That wouldn't have been half as bad if they hadn't have said they did it, ok so the initial act is bad enough but to then openly claim copyright is terrible. I know that ,as prevously mentioned by fffanatics, most novice web designers use aspects of other sites to enhance their own, I know I did this but the entire layout, pictures and all, that just totaly sucks. And also on top of this their is very little you can do to protect against it other than claiming copyright and commenting your html code with name and time stamps and so on, it is insanely easy to steal an entire website.

Dynamic Drive has a no right click code AND a anti highlight (no select)code. they cant steal your source or copy using ctrl v either! :D Nothing is fool proof but its enough to prevent novices from stealing right off your page.

No right click script

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm

No select script

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noselect.htm

I have left the net because I made the site one day and then couldnt be asked to continue after one little thing and anyway I didnt even finish making it I was that lazy, I was so lazy that I actually got the pictures from this site called http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=vintagefairy&e=com anyway that layout looked nice and I didnt know there was some weird thing people had about the layouts I thought it was just the writing and things, anyway they do so instead of leaving this to rot I changed it so it wasnt stolen and rotting. Just rotting.

I think you should feel sorry for this other person - they're obviously incredibly stupid. :D

although copying the whole site style code and css is annoy,some website designing wizard could not avoid the lose under the visiable copyright info.to keep from being stolen,you'd better design a ugly site,no one could want to copy that,just a joke :D.umm,you can hidden the toolbar of the brower by javascript code,in order to ban some stealer to use view->source;the same,to stop right click(to view the code of your site by the menu view soure) but keep left click.if finish the work above ,how the stealer can steal your lovely site.

good luck to all the real website designers. :D

I think the reality is that layout/code stealing is common practice on the net. Too bad, really, considering there are lots of people who put in a lot of time and effort (not to mention blood, sweat and tears) into making a great site - only to have it copied by someone else to on his/her own site. As a result, you see a lot of websites out there that look very similar, if not identical, to one another.

from http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/vintagefairy/ I have left the net because I made the site one day and then couldnt be asked to continue after one little thing and anyway I didnt even finish making it I was that lazy, I was so lazy that I actually got the pictures from this site called http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=vintagefairy&e=com anyway that layout looked nice and I didnt know there was some weird thing people had about the layouts I thought it was just the writing and things, anyway they do so instead of leaving this to rot I changed it so it wasnt stolen and rotting. Just rotting.

His page is empty now except those words and some ads. Pity...

Your new layout is excellent. I had the same experience like you.. there was nothing I could do except telling him to stop... anyways it proves that someone liked our works.. hehe.