xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Favorite Food This should be fun :)

My favourite food... Yummy :(I just love Chinese food, in all forms... But, there is one recepy I got from a very dear friend of mine. There is no name for it really, it's just something she made up, so we call it "Chicken ala Cica" :( (Cica is her nickname)Here's how to make it (forgive my english, I writ it quite well, but when it comes to more specialized terms... You can guess. I'll do my best to explain how to make this great dish)You will need chicken white meat, chicken breasts I believe I can say :(If you make for one person, one piece will do just fine.. You will need some ham, bacon, or something like that, and cheese. You cut those on little squares :(You roll them into white meat, and you... umm... what's the word... you put oil in the frying pan, not too much, and bake it (is that the right word? :() roast, fry, something like that... No flour needed, just roll the ham and cheese into meat, and fry it, until it blushes...In the mean while, you prepare a sauce, a great sauce... Orange sauce :(It's made like.. damn... beshamel sauce (I hope you know what I mean, it's made with milk, and some flour)... When it's ready, you put orange juice, but from freshly squeezed orange... I guess you have no idea what I wrote here, but what the hell :P If I ever learn technical (cook-technical) english, I'll rewrite this :PAnyway, it's a great salty-sweet combination... Great dish

My favourite food... Yummy :(

I just love Chinese food, in all forms... But, there is one recepy I got from a very dear friend of mine. There is no name for it really, it's just something she made up, so we call it "Chicken ala Cica" :( (Cica is her nickname)

Here's how to make it (forgive my english, I writ it quite well, but when it comes to more specialized terms... You can guess. I'll do my best to explain how to make this great dish)

You will need chicken white meat, chicken breasts I believe I can say :(

If you make for one person, one piece will do just fine.. You will need some ham, bacon, or something like that, and cheese. You cut those on little squares :(

You roll them into white meat, and you... umm... what's the word... you put oil in the frying pan, not too much, and bake it (is that the right word? :() roast, fry, something like that... No flour needed, just roll the ham and cheese into meat, and fry it, until it blushes...

In the mean while, you prepare a sauce, a great sauce... Orange sauce :(

It's made like.. damn... beshamel sauce (I hope you know what I mean, it's made with milk, and some flour)... When it's ready, you put orange juice, but from freshly squeezed orange... I guess you have no idea what I wrote here, but what the hell :P If I ever learn technical (cook-technical) english, I'll rewrite this :P

Anyway, it's a great salty-sweet combination... Great dish

151440[/snapback]

heh,i think i tried this before..or at least something like that...it ownz!!

Oooo favourite foods! :( I like this topic already....My favourite foods are pizza, pasta, roast chicken, cheese burgers, sandwiches (ham, chicken, tuna...) Wow so many of you like pizza too! :PI'd like to share this really good recipe for 1 minute (or 10 minute) pizza that a good friend of mine taught me:1 Minute PizzaIngredients:Parmesan CheeseBreadSalami, PepperoniTomato SauceChopped OnionsMixed Herbs & Spices (e.g. Italian Mixed Herbs)Instructions:1) Toast the bread in a regular toaster. 2) Then, spread a layer of tomato sauce over it.3) Pour the cheese over the tomato sauce.4) put salami or pepperoni over that.5) put chopped onions on the bread in btween the sausage slices.6) Heat in microwave for 1 minute, or in an oven toaster for 4 minutes.Or if you don't happen to have all those ingredients around,10 Minute Pizza (because u need to improvise :P)Ingredients:Grated Cheddar Cheese BreadTinned SausagesTomato Sauce1 OnionMixed Herbs & Spices (e.g. Italian Mixed Herbs)Instructions:1) Toast the bread in a regular toaster. While you're doing that, chop the tinner sausages and the onion.2) Then, spread a layer of tomato sauce over the toast.3) Grate the cheddar cheese over the tomato sauce.4) Put the chopped sausages over that.5) Put chopped onions on the bread in btween the sausage slices.6) Heat in microwave for 1 minute, or in an oven toaster for 4 minutes.Hope you like it! :(

sushi, sushi, sushi and more sushi. I like sashimi, no reason to get filled up on all that rice. I would die for some barbequed eel right now. Shouldn't start topics like this, just makes me hungry.
round

Actually hehe Popcorn can be a healthy snack.  It just depends on how you make it.  The way I make it is pretty healthy.  Its a good source of fiber. 

If you add a ton of butter and use a high fat content oil then yeah its not very healthy. The popcorn at movie theaters is very high in fat therefore its not too good for you.

I pop my popcorn in veggie oil which is lower in fat and add a very small amount of butter.  Just enough to add some flavor.

There are definately alot of other types of popcorn that are not very healthy too.  :P 

:(

151187[/snapback]

Yeah, good point. It's not what it is, it's what is added that counts. :( When I think of popcorn, I'm thinking of tons of salt and butter. I can't imagine it any other way! :P It's too boring just on it's own. hehe

I loooooove food. It's the best thing we've ever been giving!From most fav to least.1. Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets (I eat about 24 of them each visit, btw, I'm very small and thin for my age.)2. Pizza Hut, I like getting the extra crispy thin crust pizza, mmm mm mm mm mmmmm!3. Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream, OMG, so damn good! MCC Shakes from Baskin RObin's, soooooo damn good!3. Spagetti and Meatballs, yes, I love eating meatballs, no pun intended.4. Spicy foods, Cabbage with green pepper juice on it. (A teenager who likes cabbage? Wow. Amazingly strange)----------------------------------------------Stuff I HATEThosse stupid little, quick meals things, Hamburger helpers are soooo NASTY!Steak(a teen who doesn't like steak? Wow. I HATE IT!)Eh, I guess that's all.

I make the most bas-assed tasty pizza in the world. The secret ingriedient is sweet thai chilli sauce.Here's how ya do it...Take one (or two, or three, or lots) of supermarket bought, oven pizzas. You know the ones, they taste really bland..anyway...Take the pizza, grate some tasty cheese all over it. EVEN IF it already has cheese on it... IT NEEDS MORE!!!So you got cheese, now get some salami or peperoni and cut it up real small. NOW GET SOME MORE! Be generous. Through the salami and cheese on top of the pizza.Now add a dusting of fresh basil. (this step is essential).Now get your bottle of sweet chilli sauce. Swirl a big BIG swirl of sauce on top of your pizza.NOW! OVENATE THE BEAST!in 10-15 mins, heaven will be inside your mouth.Its true, try it!Pdrive

These "what is your fave" posts give us some good ideas...I cannot pick one, bu some of my favorites are:1-Sun-dried tomato, arugola pizza. 2-Garlic mashed potato.3-GnocchiYum ^^