xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Best Media Player WMP, WinAMP, etc

Well i use media player 10.winamp 5,k-lite codec's bsplayer.i\some of this player are good.jetaudio is good player,well there are few conflicts witht the codecs.codecs with apple's quicktime is often.

I use winamp 5 for numerous reasons. For one, it takes less cpu than windows media player which is nice when using it while playing a high quality and system intense game. Another reason is the visualizations are soooo much better. Plus, you can make the visualizations your background. Finally, the last real reason is use it is because of the number of plugin and addins that are available and useful for it like a volume leveler or dee 2 (used to increase quality of music similar to dfx but better) and such. Also, editing and searching media files is much quicker than windows media player. Hope this helps

146438[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. Winamp takes a lot less than Windows Media.

I like Windows Media Player 10 when ripping my CDs into mp3 format and for viewing videos. But The BEST PC Music Player is still Winamp :lol:

Cheers! :rolleyes:

I downloaded WinAmp because it can play more file extensions. There's an ogg extension which can be played in WinAmp but not WMP.

146477[/snapback]

Windows Media Player will be able to play OGG files and any other file formats when its codec is installed...

This is same for the rest of the players out there...

My Windows Media Player was unable to play DVD initially until I installed WinDVD which also installs the DVD decoder codec..

Until then, my Windows Media Player is able to play DVD..

Likewise for OGG file formats and any other file formats...

So it's like, just download and install the codec and play! That's it...

No additional players required.

I have to agree with this. Winamp takes a lot less than Windows Media.

I like Windows Media Player 10 when ripping my CDs into mp3 format and for viewing videos. But The BEST PC Music Player is still Winamp :lol:

Cheers! :rolleyes:

146484[/snapback]

You stated the best PC music player is WinAMP but did not really specify the reason.

If the only reason is that WinAMP is taking lesser CPU resources then Windows Media Player, then I will still stick to Windows Media Player...

Basically bacause I can't listen to other music while gaming.. :D

You don't listen to your MP3 music while you are holding a gun in your game or commanding your troops, don't you?

I sometimes use Windows Media Player but I use other types of media players, too - depending on the file. WINAMP is a great alternative to play audio tracks...especially on my old laptop. For my XP machine, I use iTunes since you can easily edit track info, create multiple playlists and burn mp3 and audio CDs. As for video files, Quicktime is my player of choice. It seems that a lot of sites these days require either Windows or Quicktime. (The only other option is RealPlayer)

I am using Windows Media Player v10 as it is easy to use and works well. I also like the feature of it minimising into the system tray, yet still allowing you to use the main controls. It can be slow to load sometimes for some reason, btu I still find it works and I can't be bothered to download a program to replace a similar one that works just as well.

In my opinion, Windows Media Player is the better one. It is the best what belongs to the sound quality. And also you can play ogg files with WMP. You just have to search for "ogg windows media player addon" on google. And I also think that Media Player is integrated in Windows, and why download and install a second one, if the one on your pc is better, right? The only thing for me on WinAmp is, that you can install several skins. Media Player just lets you change the colour

I am afraid that I am using the worst media player on the world, Windows Media Player 9. It does not have built in DVD support, meaning that you have to get to codec from elsewhere, say Nero or WinDVD, and it offers no adjustment for contrast, sharpness and even brightness. It does not support newer formats like ogm and mkv. I am using WinDVD to play DVDs, and DVDs only, since it takes some time to load even on my P4 3.0GHz with 1GB DDR2 RAM computer. WinDVD offers more advanced options, but I really don?t like the bookmark function of it. The reason that I am still using Windows Media Player 9 is because of its bad compatibility, which means that if I can play a movie with it, I can play it in all players. That?s one of the methods I use to check whether a movie is a good or not. I install ffdshow, a very versatile DirectShow filters for formats like DivX, Xvid, 3ivx, MSPG4 version 2 and many other MPEG-4 encoding system. I found it quite useful in playing movies. Also I have got the mkv package, the real alternative package and the quicktime package, so I can now play every format with the worst player on Earth. If you look for a good player, I may suggest that you use KMplayer, a free player developed by the Koreans. It can play almost every format without the need of installing many Codecs. I don?t like those codec packs as they tend to ruin my computer. KMplayer is quite popular in Asia.

For me, I'm using Windows Media Player, since it's already included with Windows, why bother to download another player which does the same thing...

For the same kind of reasons people d/l & install Firefox even though they've already got IE on their system.

I use Musicmatch version 10 (I think). It's simple to use and I usually use it for ripping and burning audio cds. I like it better than Windows Media Player. :rolleyes:

I use winamp 5 for numerous reasons. For one, it takes less cpu than windows media player

146438[/snapback]

this is true, windows media player does seem to slow things down much more.

I also use winamp 5. what I love about it most is the internet radio. it probably helps when streaming that it doesn't take as much memory as windows media. i don't like streaming w/ windows media. I definanlty don't like windows media 9 or 10 or whatever its on now because you have to download so much junk with it.

does anyone like to make skins for your media players? I've tried it for both winamp and WMP. its fun!

i hate the dvd functions in WMP. i much rather use some other like WinDVD. i use winamp for most things, because of the multiple skins available. it also runs smoother and with less system resources than WMP. though one good thing that they added to WMP 10 was Mp3 encoding capability. that was a stupidly simple thing that should have been included a long time ago.oh yes, the vizualizations available for winamp are far beyond the WMP ones.

I use both WMP and Real player. Most of the time i use Real for my music (coz i store them there) and WMP for everthing else (coz it open automatically ;-P). Also streaming football only come in WMP, it wouldn't open in Real.* everytime i tried to type WMP i often mistyped it as WMD (weapon of mass dstruction) first...hurrr...