xisto Community
Etherion

What Mobile Do You Prefer

Phone Calls & 2-Ways..What Mobile Do You Prefer

I'm actually a little surprised that nobody has mentioned the Boost "Pay As You Go" Plans. They're a pretty good deal, especially for families. With the "Push to Talk" you're always in touch with friends and family members that have the Boost (or Nextel) phones.

This market shouldn't be ignored! It runs JAVA, and I'm sure some clever programmers can come up with some pretty cool apps for it. How about the C64 emulator that IPhone refused to approve? I'm a Commodore 64 fan from way back, and I don't NEED an IPhone. BUT, I just *might* have bought one.. To have the C64 emulator..

Oh well, Apple's Loss!!

Joe Bucci

oke...I use SIEMENS S55....take a look

* Class: business

* Position in the phone line: above Siemens C55

* Rival models: Nokia 6610

General features

o Announced in: September 2002, beginning of sales - 1Q, 2003

o eGSM900/GSM1800/GSM1900

o Battery type: Li-Ion 700 mAh

o

Autonomy:

+

Standby time: up to 220 hours

+

Talk time: up to 6 hours

+

Re-charging time: about 2 hours

o A battery of increased capacity (700 mAh) is available as an accessory

o Graphical display, which can show up to 256 colours, it has a resolution of 101х80 pixels, what allows to display up to 4 text lines.

o Java

o SAR 0.52 W/kg

o Available colours: Arctic Blue, Sterling Silver

o Weight: 85 g.

o Dimensions: 101 x 42 x 18 mm

* Memory

o Lists of the last calls:

+ 10 dialed numbers

+ 10 received numbers

+ 10 missed numbers with time and date indication

o Application memory is dynamical, free space can be also used to transport files.

o Up to 5 caller groups, 3 of them are changeable, the other two are out of group and received. One can assign a special icon and a ringtone to each group.

o Phonebook: up to 500 phone numbers+ SIM-card memory. Up to 14 fields can be added to one name. For example, a user can add several phone numbers, post address, URL, 2 e-mails, birthday. One can set a reminder to birthdays. It's also possible to assign a graphic picture to each name in the phonebook.

o Organiser memory: for up to 500 events (three types of records, reminder, event, business)

o A reminder of birthdays and anniversaries

* Ringing tones, call management

o Vibrating alert

o 16-tones polyphonic melodies

o Speed dialing: for up to 8 phone numbers

o Autodialing (up to 10 attempts)

o EFR, HR, FR, AMR

o Voice dialing (up to 20 voice tags)

o User's profiles

o Voice commands (up to 10 voice tags)

o Handsfree mode

o Babysitter

o MMS

o EMS

o A possibility to send and receive ringtones and animated pictures

o A possibility to send a group SMS message

o Predictive text input T9

o Templates

o Concatenated messages ( up to 760 characters)

Connectivity

o WAP 1.2.1

o MMS

o GPRS class 10

o IrDa

o Bluetooth

o E-mail client РОР3/SMTP, supports attachments

o Over the Air interface

o USB/RS232/IrDA/Bluetooth synchronization with PC, a possibility to synchronize data of the mail programme, organiser and phonebook

o SyncML

* Organiser and extras

o Voice memo. A possibiity to assign records to organiser events or alarm-clocks.

o Organiser with different types of events. Maximun length is 50 characters for one event. One can set reminders, including recurrent reminders. Monthly, weekly and daily calendar view is available.

o To-do list (up to 50 characters in each note), different levels of priorities can be setup

o Reminders, here a small text (up to 150 characters) can be added

o A possibility to record a melody using a micraphone

o Time, date

o Countdown timer, stop-watch

o Alarm-clock, it can alarm in special days of the week

o Calculator, currency converter

o Notes, which can be secured by a password

o Screen savers, which can be secured by a password

o Games: StackAttack2, Battle Mail + downloadable Java games

Posted Image

Please quote the specifications.

This is a open chice as I think that you may have choice as what your budget and what your requirements are.

If you can afford then you can buy a fance set else you settle for a cheap deal. No doubt here in India Nokia is the best followed by Samsung.

Hmm been using all kind of phones so far.. had more then 20 , all kinds , many models :PWhat i've learned so far.. * Resistance , Good speaker sound(generaly) -> NOKIA.* Best cameras , Best Headphones Quality (music clarity , radio , etc) -> S.E* Style , design , ..and that's about all: Samsung.The rest are details..I currently own a Nokia 7210 Supernova and S.E K810 mostly used for camera ..excelent 3.2 MP + Xenon flash and ..Music :P

If you want a smatphone, try the Droid. You may have seen advertisements for it on TV if you watch NBC or ABC. Anyhow, the Droid is by far the best Smartphone I've ever used. Its mobile internet is ultra fast, the GPS unit is like a Magellan GPS, there's a wide range of applications that you can choose from, ect. It utterly blasts the iPhone out of the water. I own the phone on the T-Mobile network, and I pay $18.95 a month for the unlimited data plan(It includes a 200 text message bonus.)