xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Car?

Of all the cars I've driven, the Toyota Avalon 2000 is a real beauty. It has been engineered for driving so it hasn't got all of the fancy Bluetooth, GPS Sat Nav, or MP3 player gadgetry. It is rather silent when new though it isn't super-silent after a few years of driving. The fly wheel is just the right weight so you wouldn't smash the pedal against the floor and wait for it to get moving. The Toyota Avalon 2000 is also longer than the current generation of the Toyota Avalons, or at least it had more interior space by providing more legroom.But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Driving a car from 2000 lacks the availability of spares and parts start to fail so it had to be replaced a couple of years ago. If only there were some form of standardization that required organizations to at least start another product line that shared parts with older vehicles.

My favorite car is the 1994 pontiac trans am that i got back in 2009, it was a 25th anniversary edition, Very fast, Did 0 - 84 mph within 2 seconds, She was a fast car until i had to get rid of her, I hope i get another nice car like that again. I miss that car.

My favorite car is the 1994 pontiac trans am (SNIP) She was a fast car until i had to get rid of her

Why did you have to get rid of the car? Did you move away? Was it a shortage of spares for regular maintenance? Did you get into an accident? Was it on the demands of the significant other? Was it a rusting body? Do share the story of your Trans Am.

Bentleys - at least vintage Bentleys - are definitely great. Make sure you always leave your music in the car for a fortnight to turn anything into a Best of Queen album. But my dream car is the '67 Impala.

But my dream car is the '67 Impala.

The 1967 Impala is quite a classic. I imagine that it would be hard to find one with a body solid enough to become a daily ride - rust and metal fatigue makes driving old vehicles unsafe, apart from other mechanical concerns that may have been left unattended. Replicas of classics being built ought to be safe because they have been built with modern safety standards. PGO (not Peugeot) builds cars that look like replicas of classics and the PGO Speedster reminds me of an early Porsche. Then there are cars with a retro styling, such as the Dodge Challenger that made it into production and are quite popular too.