xisto Community
lamode

Phpbb Or Invision Power Board ?

phpbb Or Invision Power Board  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, i personally like them both, you see, i have them both on my friends site, One for the clan, one for the main site, (Clan has IPB, Main site has phpBB, becouse the leader of the clan bought us IPB license lol).Now i like phpBB, because you can do allmost evrything with it, its harder to style it then Invision Power Board, thought (Atleast i think so) but it takes more time to install mods on IPB then on phpBB, Since phpBB has EasyMod, something that install mods allmost automaticly. on IPB you have to open and change files.But Invision Power Board is much easyer to skin, has most of the required mods installed and you dont have to install if you dont want to.Also IPB and phpBB is both powerfull, if you install the right mods and make a skin you get IPB off phpBB :D.So i voted for IPB thought it wasnt a "Both" choice there, problety because i like IPB most, i dont know why, my friends say that to "Most peoples prefer IPB" but, i dont know if thats true :D~ Arne-Christian

Well, i personally like them both, you see, i have them both on my friends site, One for the clan, one for the main site, (Clan has IPB, Main site has phpBB, becouse the leader of the clan bought us IPB license lol).

Now i like phpBB, because you can do allmost evrything with it, its harder to style it then Invision Power Board, thought (Atleast i think so) but it takes more time to install mods on IPB then on phpBB, Since phpBB has EasyMod, something that install mods allmost automaticly. on IPB you have to open and change files.

But Invision Power Board is much easyer to skin, has most of the required mods installed and you dont have to install if you dont want to.

Also IPB and phpBB is both powerfull, if you install the right mods and make a skin you get IPB off phpBB :D.

So i voted for IPB thought it wasnt a "Both" choice there, problety because i like IPB most, i dont know why, my friends say that to "Most peoples prefer IPB" but, i dont know if thats true :D

~ Arne-Christian

216719[/snapback]

Yeah, ipb its to easy...

ipb incluide fastreply, and much more..

its so, I preffer IPB

Cya all, Cpuser :D:D

hi, i am just about to start a  forum, that is about warcraft3 maps development and discussion and bugs report, appox 500+ members. but i am not sure the difference between phpbb and invison power board, any information about that would be extre me useful here.

142242[/snapback]

ipb is way better thta phpbb as you can do more stuff with it than phpbb so my advice is ipb

I better prefer Invision power board .. but I can't find new version of it to download for free.. but phpBB I can always download new version of phpBB from theyr website.. but the Invision Power Board has more functions so voted for it.. And i don't know any others good forum types..

I say they both stink. Their interfaces are horrible, and they can be very slow in some cases. I like SMF because it's fast, XHTML compliant, and it has a very nice looking admin panel, plus the fact that it's FREE! I also suggest vBulletin, which has a nice UI and little perks that combine to make it overall great. The only problem is that its expensive like IPB.

i would suggest that you go with invisionfree, they have a site you can go to to get free and simple to apply site templates, unless you make your own...but that it what i use and i prefer t WAYY more than PHPBB

Both is Really Good but the IPB Is more Pro.... But the design on the PHPbb OR better looking ... but if u are a great Designer Pick Up IPB..... But ill also say.... For the Portal.. PhpBB is Much better looking and more pro looking then this IPB..... If i could Vote Both in ill Say PHPbb and IPB both is Good

Major key between those boards are, that phpBB is open source, and easily customizable. IPB is more secure, but cant customize fully.

142441[/snapback]

I would recommend SMF forums......i like that because of its ease of installation ,management, security and its Api features for site integration also great skins are aviable for it........IBP is good with all its features..but sometimes it feels too bulky to manage..i also used phpbb b4 but i got hack constantly....i dont know if the fixed their security flaws..........having tried most forum software..SMF seems to be the best for mee so far.. :(

i recommend phpbb. Its free and ipb costs too much. Also, ip ist worth the money you spend on it like vbulletin is. I've used phpbb 4 times i think and its been great. I've only used ipb once and i felt like it was trash. If you really wanna get message board software buy vb. Its worth it. The new version is wayyyyy better than any forum software around. Easy mods that you can install, nice coding, features, and all theo ther 9 yards. Vb is the best!!! But if you still choosing between theo ther 2 go wit phpbb.

I like IPB Forums, They Are More User Friendly... But I have a PhpBB2 Forum, Because:Its Absolutely Free & It has some nice Skins & Templates.. And also its customizable... Its really a good one.. But if you got money to buy a licence for the IPB Forum.. Then go for IPB.. But iF you dont want to spent money, then just get PhpBB2 Forum.. Or MyBB forum, Which is similar to The IPB forum.. Kind of..actually.. And its also free..No cost to you.. So I personally suggest you to get PhpBB or MyBB Forum! :rolleyes:

I would not recommend for you to use phpBB .. I have used both phpBB and IF (Invision Free) .. Invision Free has to be better. why you ask? simple as this.. no security holes and no errors. Ill list some examples below:

phpBB

- Backup/Restore System (Screwed)

- Easy To Exploit It (Use Cookie Poisoining)

- By Exploiting I Mean Someone Registers As A Member.. Exploits Site And Then He Logs In As Admin (AS YOU)

- Its Very Easy To Use But Very Easy To Hack

Invision Free

- More Advanced But Still Easy To Use

- Backup/Restore System (Not Screwed)

- Looks Better

- More Plugins

- Better Looking Skins

- BUT You Need To Pay.

I would not recommend for you to use phpBB .. I have used both phpBB and IF (Invision Free) .. Invision Free has to be better. why you ask? simple as this.. no security holes and no errors. Ill list some examples below:

phpBB

- Backup/Restore System (Screwed)

- Easy To Exploit It (Use Cookie Poisoining)

- By Exploiting I Mean Someone Registers As A Member.. Exploits Site And Then He Logs In As Admin (AS YOU)

- Its Very Easy To Use But Very Easy To Hack

Invision Free

- More Advanced But Still Easy To Use

- Backup/Restore System (Not Screwed)

- Looks Better

- More Plugins

- Better Looking Skins

EDITED: Srry I forgot I was talking about Invision Free .. I thought I was talking about invision power board (IPB).

This was edited:

- BUT You Need To Pay.

You dont need to pay.

Nobody (aside from me) mentioned vBulletin. It's fast and feature rich. I have sen it on a decent number of sites (including the Mambo site, and Realwebtalk.com when it existed) and noticed fast page loads (unlikee IPB), a neat interface (ever notice the little pop-down search box?) and much greater ease of use. As I mentioned, the only downside is price.

i really like invision power board. The reason why is that i find it easier to use. It also have a nice look than Phbb boards. I also like it becuase there are some really nice modifications that can be done to the board.

I think you should use PHPbb Board and this is why:1. Customizable, you can find skins easily2. Addons, you can find stuff like a menus or group permisssion3. Powerful, you can subscribe to topics and stuff like that4. Moderation and Admins, easy to manage your boardThose are my reasons I'm sure other people will agree with me. :huh: