xisto Community
lamode

Phpbb Or Invision Power Board ?

phpbb Or Invision Power Board  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well sence this topic is about 5-7 months old, heh, I think he's desided by now.Closed.

Replying to lamodeHaving used IPB extensively since it was free (v1.5) and now a paid software, I have to disagree with a lot of admins here that PHPBB is the only way to go. Now don't get me wrong, PHPBB is one of the best "free" softwares around. But being free means less features, that makes repetitive everyday administrative and moderator task a real chore specially for communities with active members exceeding 100.I would choose IPB if budget permits. For US$160, you get a powerful community forum which not only give administrators and moderators a powerful set of utilities, the main selling factor to me is the member experience ... It also gives forums members better functions that make forum use more pleasurable.I would recommend also VBulletin, though this software has a bigger mod base which can be used to add more bells and whistles, it has a higher learning curve with it's 8 year old admin/moderator functions and skinning engine.