xisto Community
lamode

Phpbb Or Invision Power Board ?

phpbb Or Invision Power Board  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have voted for phpBB. I think it's better, you can download it and it's free. If you chose invison power board you can't download it (or I haven't seen this option yet), it's not free, except if you build your forum on their server.Yes there are many scripts for IPB and skins and so on, but I think that you're a little limited instead of phpBB.With phpBB you can add mods and change your forum to whatever you want, but I haven't seen much skins for phpBB which are free :P

I would use phpbb, since it is open-source software, it's the most widely used forum program and there are lots of skins available for it. Having said that, Invision looks really good (as it does here at Xisto).

This really annoys me alot! -_- People saying IPB is worse then PHPBB is nothing more then the fact because pHPBB is free and IPB is not. IPB has such a huge ACP panel and its acess to the MYSQL is awesome and I love it. I mean you shoudl compare InvisionFree to PHPBB. Ipb belongs with VB. They are the two best boards and now they are great for php portals. PHPBB needs to be good with only one program. NUKE! Without php nuke phpbb is nothing. And now I have seen site swich their Phpbb on their nuke to IPB. Makes sense doesnt it, the best Web Portal, with the best board.

I would also recommend phpBB2, mainly becuase it is free and that there are loads of mods and themes available for it, but I'm sure you already know that. I was never one for Invision but it if you are willing to pay i'm sure it can be just as good, anyway seeing as they are both installable through the cPanel (I think) you could easily try them both out.

i think invision board is much easyer... the admin cpanel is way better rhan phpBB. And you got much more skins and addons for IPB.

hi, i am just about to start a  forum, that is about warcraft3 maps development and discussion and bugs report, appox 500+ members. but i am not sure the difference between phpbb and invison power board, any information about that would be extre me useful here.

142242[/snapback]

Well i wanna say i would go with phpbb without a doubt actually if you go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ they will set it up for you like host it and stuff all free check it out i think you will be satisfied but even better i would go with a whole phpbb nuke platinum site im running 7.6.0 on my site its flippin awesome..lol

IPB is definitely better if you've the money for it, cause ipb is paid and phpbb is completely free, so if you're rich go to IPB, if not turn to PHPBB...

phpBB because I think its safer then IPB.. Also, i like the "feel" of phpbb too..

142413[/snapback]

well what do you really mean by "safer"? If you do a simple search you'll findout that there are many more exploits for phpbb than for IPB. -_-

my choice is from far IPB. It' better, faster, stronger than phpBB. But of course if you can't afford it phpBB is a good choice. :P

phpbb is definitely not safer than IPB, since they keeps upgrading their software fixing minor bugs and that webmaster hate phpbb due to the fact of its bug exploit and thus decided to wait for phpbb3 instead of starting it now...

IPB is my favourite, its has the most mods/hacks and the admin cp is much better than the phpbb one.I think the security is much better and it is much safer and it looks the best :).