xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-Michaels Sigs Through the ages Note*** i merge all my posts together***

You can hardly read what the text says at all - not enough contrast between your background and the text or the highlights/shadows of the bevel on the text.

Yeah, much better than your earlier ones. Use the second one (you should never EVER use a sig as big as the first one, I usually use 400x100), just stick a border on it and it should look good. A simple 1 or 3 px border would be fine.

Good work! It seems the practise has paid off :rolleyes: - a huge improvement mate, you got a border, text is easy to read. The whole thing blends well enough together.Not the greatest fan of the font, though, but it's alright... All I would suggest now, is for your next sig to try some brushing and renders perhaps :lol:

whats a good tutorial on rendering cuz the ones i see i can understand them but when i do it it doesn't look like it

whats a good tutorial on rendering cuz the ones i see i can understand them but when i do it it doesn't look like it

145075[/snapback]

I have one in the how to's and tutorials section, and you can find a bajillion on pixel2life or good-tutorials.

Wondeful! Do you think that I can make a signature like that in PhotoImpact?

145092[/snapback]

Hrm...dunno, never used PhotoImpact...

I think the font matches great with the choice of colors you used.  Nice work!!! I personally like the smaller one but for no real reason...

145102[/snapback]

Yeah, the colors seem to meld well, I think.

Wondeful! Do you think that I can make a signature like that in PhotoImpact?

I used to use PhotoImpact, and Photoshop is far better. I don't think you can get the filters required to get that sort of background in PhotoImpact. Still, won't do you any harm looking it up and proving me wrong :rolleyes:

I like the second smaller sig better because for your first one, it doesn't completely show all the border around it. I don't have any comments or suggestion for you because my range is more of the "cutesy style".

I used to use PhotoImpact, and Photoshop is far better. I don't think you can get the filters required to get that sort of background in PhotoImpact. Still, won't do you any harm looking it up and proving me wrong :rolleyes:

145227[/snapback]

Have you tried the latest version of PhotoImpact? I think it's packed with more features. And about Photoshop... I think it eats big disk space, and it's difficult to understand.

Have you tried the latest version of PhotoImpact? I think it's packed with more features. And about Photoshop... I think it eats big disk space, and it's difficult to understand.

145538[/snapback]

Well, someone shouldn't be using just a 10GB hard drive. :rolleyes: That's way too small...

Also, it's not difficult to understand if you take each feature one step at a time. Tutorials help, believe me.