xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-Michaels Sigs Through the ages Note*** i merge all my posts together***

I really like the new sig this time around. As much as I like both, I'd go with the second one for posting...kinda like the one I have. (Is there such a thing as a standard sig size?)

I really like the new sig this time around. As much as I like both, I'd go with the second one for posting...kinda like the one I have. (Is there such a thing as a standard sig size?)

145583[/snapback]

No, there's no real set sig sizes. It's usually between 300-450 in width and 100-150 in heigth though, as anything smaller than 300x100 is kinda small to be a sig, and anything bigger than 450x150 is a little too much on the large side. My size of choice is 400x100, as it gives me enough room to work with, but isn't so big that it annoys people.

Of course, some people use special sized sigs, like tower (vertical) sigs, stripe sigs (like the "Firefox User" ones), or multi-part sigs (one big sig split into 2 or 3 pieces). There's also pop-out sigs and different shapes (circles, trapezoids, etc.)

It's really nice. I think that the font (nott the colour) should be different. Overall its nice. 7/10.Next time try,- not centreing too much. - a image in there too.- some pixel fonts.- blending.- different renders. Now you made me want to make myself a new sig.

Wow, the sigs look really professional. I could never imagine that Saint Michael is this good in graphics. Not only being good in using the softwares like photoshop or Photo Impact or any other softwares but one must have ideas on how those colors mixing would be made. I think the sigs are well matched with the colors he had used. I used to like red color mixed with black. These two color combination is nicely blended here. However, I have one wish for the very first one. Right and left corner also should have some wrap-up like structure like bottom and top in the edge so as to give a complete coverage of the sig by the cover-like structure. Well done St. Michael.

Well, someone shouldn't be using just a 10GB hard drive. :rolleyes: That's way too small...

Also, it's not difficult to understand if you take each feature one step at a time. Tutorials help, believe me.

145561[/snapback]

Can you tell me where can i get easy-to-learn tutorials?

Can you tell me where can i get easy-to-learn tutorials?

145798[/snapback]

Good-tutorials.com is a great place to find tutorials for Photoshop, and pixel2life.com is really good too, although P2L focuses more on a wider range of graphics programs.

@Saint Mike -- Keep reading those tuts man, you'll get better and better.

yeah i saw a few on good well pixel is more then graphics web deign computer programming and all that stuff but they mostly focus on graphic design

Have you though about the colors? Like the big bold dark font againts that pale light colors ? It's really over powering and the 3d (beveled) look doesn't really go. here isn't much of a border to contrast it, it's pretty light.The background looks pretty good, but I can barely make out what it is, all you need to do is sort out the text otehr than that. Well done@

The render near the "Saint" is really nice. But everything else is bad. That weird border thingy is not cool. ( Nobody uses it. ) The colours don't match and the font has too much going on. I suggest you go back to the render and start from there. Keep it simple. Try not to ad too much and you'll do well.

should i have gotten rid of the bursting sun effect?

i think the render look good

145852[/snapback]

The sun bursting effect can stay, and the render's okay, but the background is WAY too "faded", and the scanlines aren't really necessary. The text and background have conflicting colors, and it doesn't really need to be bevelled. Might want to choose a better font as well. Change the border, cause there's some sigs those just don't work with. Like I said, needs work. Keep at it.