xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-Michaels Sigs Through the ages Note*** i merge all my posts together***

well i decided to get into the sig business so here are my first three sigs that i post on ipbgaming.com like to hear what people think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice work... I like the second one you put up the best out of the three pictures :P The pattern in the third image, sort of obsures it a bit though.

they look very good for a first try! If you develop your talent you may end up a good sig maker. :P

if you need a good site for photoshop tutorials (atleast if you use photoshop to make your sigs) check it here:

http://www.good-tutorials.com/

I'ts a great place for learning. give it a shot :(

thanks and i am using adobe after fireworks failed at what i wanted to do

that website you gave me is not working at the moment any more suggestions for some tutorials.

The second one is the best out of the three IMO. You might want to consider sharpening the image a little bit. The text also seems out of place. I'm sure there is a free font file you can find to match the content of the sig. Find a font that has to do something with video games. I'm no video game buff so I'm not even going to try and guess what character you've used in that sig.Don't take my advice the wrong way.. I'm not bashing or anything.. just sharing my thoughts.

The second one is the best out of the three IMO. You might want to consider sharpening the image a little bit. The text also seems out of place. I'm sure there is a free font file you can find to match the content of the sig. Find a font that has to do something with video games. I'm no video game buff so I'm not even going to try and guess what character you've used in that sig.

Yeah, it's Cloud from Final Fantasy VII. You can get the Final Fantasy font, at http://www.dafont.com/de/ - under Video Game Fonts.
If Good-Tutorials is down, try http://www.pixel2life.com/ - they have TONNES of tutorials for Photoshop, Flash, and more.

On all three sigs you really need to get a nice border, even a 1px black border is fine - Just open the JPG in Photoshop, Ctrl+A to Select All, then Insert Stroke, 1px Black normal.

The first signature is really quite plain, the fact that it's all grey really brings it down. I think you'll need to get a better background that will contrast more with the dragon render. Not only that, but the text and render feel a bit blurry. Try to sharpen the images and text up a bit, in fact, I'd get a whole new text, in bigger size.

The second one has a good size, nice render, but I think you could have gone, again, with something less blurry. I'm sure there's lots of Cloud renders like that, which you could have used to a better effect. "With-in" is one word, so "within" just looks more sophisticated in my opinion. I can see you've tried the Clone Stamp tool. If you really wanted to use it like that, try replicating several pieces of metal, and in a more random fashion, rather than in the straight line way you have there.

The third one is too monotone, like the first, the text doesn't blend, and the render doesn't look too sharp either. I think the overlay or whatever of the metal pieces looks quite good; it should be accompanied with a tech border. You need to really make something stand out when you have something so monotone. Try colouring the render with some sort of overlay, or have an outstanding text and border.

Anyway, those are just my two cents :lol:

Na Ah Ee Cee!It's just a suggestion, but what if you make the first sig animated with eyes glowing in red, sporadically? :lol: I like the second one the best. Nice work. You are going with that "force is more powerful than your will" theme with the first one, eh?

Just a quick question - The "you can look this good" refers to the top pic or the bottom one?LOL. :lol: