xisto Community
googlue

Have You Read The Rules? TOS, privacy policy, hosting rules...

Have you read all the rules and instructions at trap17?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

aww, because I was thinking of hosting anime wallpapers... so even if i have a disclaimer that I didn't create any of them I won't be allowed to do this?

221541[/snapback]

tricky, huh? :( a disclaimer will definitely be in order for such cases. the proper thing to do is seek permission first from the owners so you don't get in trouble. however there are certain fair use provisions pertaining to copyright (like for review purposes, satire, etcetera), but you must research them first, and give proper credit and acknowledgement where it is due. moreover, it cannot be commercial in nature as you can be overstepping on other people's work and potential income from their works. :(

I've read them when i first signed up, and read them every now and again to check for any rule changes. I just do it to make sure i'm not breaking any rules that may have changed.

omg @ the three who said they dont care...they are probabaly banned by now, but i have read all of the rules..yup..pretty simple they are as well..for me they are atleast for others i think it is a wee bit difficult because they cannot seem to follow them and end up getting banned from the shourbox, theb spamming up the board because they are mad they got banned from the shoulbox..and then being banned from the board it is sort of a chain yes? well i think everyone should read the rules tos etc because it is a verry important part of hosting and staying active in here, gotta watch what you post etc... i still cannoot believve that 3 people said i dont care i wish i could slap them upside the head... :(

I think this would be a poor excuse to gain post count by saying that I'll read it. :P In all honesty, I haven't read it and don't think I will soon. To me, it's just common sense and courtesy. The general idea here is to not flame anyone, be completely rude, and contribute something worthy of reading for other members to learn from (instead of all those short responses that we've all seen that don't really say anything other than "lol cool." :lol: ) or something to indicate that the thread provokes actual interest and/or discussion. Of course, there are those side rules exclusive to Xisto that look down and discourage double-posting (which some of us still do from time to time, me included); encourage proper spelling, word choice, and grammar (for clarity and distinctiveness); warn against spamming; etc.I'm not saying NOT to read the rules, but if you genuinely have no clue as to how to participate in an online forum environment, you should take Xisto's rules as a good guideline of general behavior online.Not every forum on the Web has to be full of "txt t4lk," flaming, or any other sort of garbage. :D

I have read the Xisto Rules and Guidelines, and have also read the terms and conditions of the hosting account.The rules and guidelines for the forum are very, very standard, nothing special about them, just the normal, standard forum rules...Standard forum rules are very easy to follow, but in addition to standard forum rules, there are also rules which are unique to Xisto, such as the very strict copyright rules Xisto has in place. (Which is a very good thing, because it will only prolong Xisto's life span)...The hosting rules are a bit different to the normal "free web hosting" rules, like there they normally have an upload limit I.e. a lot of free hosting providers only allow a maximum upload of 500KB each time, which won't be much use for their "unlimited bandwidth", "unlimited space","unlimited number of files"...But also other rules like being strict on not making big downloads that would clog up bandwidth, that I see is put in to compensate for the fact that users can upload really big files (i.e. up to 499MB) and download them, again and again just o clog up bandwidth, I'm sure Xisto has measures in place to prevent that from happening...So, it ain't hard to conform to the normal forum rules although for a lot of us just "copying and pasting" articles and "hotlinking images to a non-image hosting provider" are a habit from the forums that "let their members loose" and allow all those things...And it ain't hard writing in proper/near proper grammar, just try to get off the habit of using "txt" language, which isn't actually a language...

I haven't read the rules just yet, But I'll plan to later on.I usually know the forum rules no spamming, no flaming, no trolling etc etc, But these may be different, So I'll read them in a bit =]

Yes I also have rad the rules. ITs been a awhile though and y memory is not the best so it may be a good idea for me to reread them and see if anythign has changed or what may have missed, I also worry about breaking anyrules I would never intentionnally do that, I love it here and would hate to get into any trouble fr not following the rules. It can be a little overwhelmin as a newbie to have to read the rules because there is alot to read but it is definately worth it to read to make sure you dont break any and get into touble.

Wow this is cool stuff but really I think it's kind of an addicting thing or somethin like that...I originaly singed up here for a free host but I don't think is such an easy task...I need to post a lot and also mantain my posting habbit... doh I wish I could find a better host with less effort :|