xisto Community
scab_dog

Da Vinci Code Whats it about??

Well I heard in the news abut the Da Vinchi Code and stuff, whats it really about, Like I've seen previews and yeah, codes that da vichi used or something, like the How Da Vichin Painted the First Supper and if you trace along all the people it says Da Vichi. So I like to Know What The Book is about???? Maybe I'll buy it and read it myself

well not to crush your hopes and dreams the book its self is complete bull i read a few pages and thats all it is, completely made up but with known locations and people.

well not to crush your hopes and dreams the book its self is complete bull i read a few pages and thats all it is, completely made up but with known locations and people.

139556[/snapback]

Maybe you should read the entire book, there are enough links to real life things. The book isnt abut a code he used btw (Well... a bit) but about the holy grale. I think its a nice book to read, but it doesnt have much action, only read it if you like reading I supppose :(

I have read the entire book and loved it. btw the book is Da Vinci Code not Da Vichi Code...there are quite a few links to real world and art, I am not sure whether whatever links are there with art are true coz.. i dont have great knowledge about art and paintings.... anyway the puzzles and the way the author Dan Brown relates from one link to another is quite interesting... I would definitely suggest the book.....Cheers.

i too would suggest the book, I read it compleltely, its all about the holy grail. If you are a hard core catholist you may not like the book. But i would suggest you should read it even if you are. Dan Brown has wonderfully written the book. the puzzles really gud. For sur ppl will wonder whether this is real story or not. I googled to check out this. There is a controversial theory that says what Da Vinci code says is correct. But thats only a proposed theory which doesnt much base....any way nice book...must read

I've read the book, "Da Vinci Code", Dan Brown, a fiction novel, yes it's about the holy grail, it's a popcorn kind of book, it's so easy and compelling (i read a lot,all kinds of books)that only took me 4 days to finish it out...The real Da Vinci code it's another matter. Leonard was one of the first crypthophy inventor/user in history, all his writings are in a personal code, more or less decodified but still with lots of curious things, allmost all of his (few) paintings are subject of theories and scpeculations behind them. The Last Supper, was recently imitated in "The Sopranos", an american mob tv-serie i happen to like. There's also a book about this, but in the historical documentary type of view...

The Da Vinci code is an extremely good read, and as others. As others have stated it is about the Holy Grail.Saint Michael: And how would you know that the book is complete bull if you have only read a few pages? Of course it is completely made up, it is after all a FICTION novel. As to it being made up of just popular places and known people, well duh ya, but to be fair all of the descriptions of the artwork is 100% acurate, in otherwords everything he sais is in the art is really there. If you doubt it read the book and then look at some of the art, or buy the illustrated version of the book, it has most of the art described in the book, along with blow ups of the specific works.

Realy a very strong but powerless hand of the devil !!!

Da Vinci Code

HI, My name is Shpetim. I was born a muslim but received Christ when I was 16( doing that was the only thing not done wrong during my teenage years). I think that knowing the truth about Jesus( THE TRUTH ) it really helps you to understand what is devil trying to do through human beings ( the most amazing creature of God ), just to change Jesus` Truth. Of course, the main mission of him: Sending people to hell. So sad, so bad. We are being used to terminating ourselves.

...Hmmm...OPEN YOU EYES PEOPLE !

-reply by shpetim zogaj

leave the us then

Da Vinci Code

Replying to Trap FeedBackerfreedoom of religon is that. You have yours and we have ours. You don't like usa go home. You don't pay taxes for seven years and get free food stamps. That is you don't pay taxes on anything houses cars and everything else. If I went to your country would they be that nice to me if I was not a muslim?

I bought the book but before I had chance to read, the movie came along. So I watched. Now there is no reason for me to read the book, I know all the twists :) :)So only problem with the book is, when you know the end... all fun is gone!

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

The Da Vinci Code is a fictitious story based upon real research outlined in the book 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail'. In this book, researchers help to explain the truth of the roots of Christianity. Some key points:1. Jesus was the son of Joseph, who was descended from King David, so Jesus had a legitimate claim to the Throne of Jerusalem.2. To discredit Jesus' claim, Caesar invented the Immaculate Conception, making Jesus the son of God instead of the son of Joseph.3. To further strengthen his claim to the throne, Jesus married a Benjamite woman named Mary from the city of Magdalene. Remember that, although King David was the last King of Jerusalem, God promised the throne to the tribe of Benjamin, who were slaughtered by other Jewish tribes. At the time of Jesus, Jews were divided on whether the next Jewish king should be descended from David or the Benjamites. By marrying a Benjamite woman, Jesus made a strong case that he met both criteria, though it would truly be the son of Jesus and Mary who would be the most qualified. 4. To discredit Jesus claim, Rome edited the Bible to paint Mary of Magdalene as a prostitute. Pope John Paul apologized for this before his death.5. At a wedding that Jesus was attending, a house servant came to Jesus' mother and told her that the wine was all gone. Mary informed Jesus, and Jesus magically turned the water into wine.First, why would the house servant complain to Mary? Because Mary was the mother of the groom! This was Jesus' wedding!Second, Jesus complained that Jewish weddings always served wine inside the house, but served water to the people outside the house, i.e. the poor who couldn't attend the wedding inside. This indicates that the wedding was of an important person. Jesus thought it disrespectful and snobbish not to serve wine to the poor attendees, so he had swapped barrels of water for barrels of wine outside. Well, when the wine inside ran out, Jesus simply instructed the house servant to fetch a barrel from outside. Thinking those barrels were full of water, the house servant and guests were surprised when they discovered the barrels were actually full of wine! No miracle here, but Caesar was trying to make Jesus seem miraculous, so he had it turned into a miracle in the Bible.6. According to Jewish custom, on the honeymoon of a King, his bride is commanded to anoint his feet with oils. Mary of Magdalene did this in the Bible, affirming their marriage and his status as the rightful King of Jerusalem.Caesar rearranged these stories to create the impression that the woman was a prostitute trying to gain favor with Jesus. In the Bible originally, Jesus had visited a den of whores to save them. This story was wholly separate from the story of Mary anointing his feet, but by placing these stories near each other in the Bible, Caesar created the impression that it was a prostitute who anointed his feet, and that the prostitute was Mary of Magdalene.7. Caesar commissioned 3 writers to create the Bible. Apostle means 'scribe' or 'writer' in English. The 3 apostles were merely 3 writers hired by Caesar to create the Bible. The word 'scripture' merely means 'writings' in English. The Apostles submitted their writings to Caesar, who then edited the stories to his ends.8. Caesar's issue was this: Rome was conquering many different peoples, each of these peoples having their own religions. Since most of these religions described their Godsent Kings differently, it was difficult for Caesar to keep track of all these religions in his attempt to convince people that he was their godsent king. Caesar dreamed of one religion in the world, with Caesar as the Godsent King. Jesus presented a religion that was universal, with only one God in the world, and one prophet. Unfortunately, Jesus was the prophet. In order for Caesar to be the prophet, he had to get rid of Jesus. But he couldn't. It was Jesus' religion after all!So Caesar came up with the brilliant idea of elevating Jesus into a demigod, much like the Greek religion. By turning Jesus into the son of god, Caesar eliminated Jesus as a messiah, creating a job opening for himself as the prophet or Pope of Caesar's new Roman Universal (Catholic) Church.By turning Jesus into the son of God, Caesar also discredited Jesus as a rightful King of Jerusalem based upon his blood relation to Joseph. This was important since Caesar was the King of Jerusalem at the time! By turning Mary into a prostitute, Rome discredited the notion that Jesus was married and might have a son. This son could cause the end to Roman domination in the Mideast, having a powerful argument that he was the blood of both King David as well as a Benjamite. 9. This Caesar died before assuming the title of Prophet, or Pope, of his new Roman Catholic Church. The next Caesar was a pagan and had no desire to assume the throne of the Church. So the Catholic Church Cardinals began the long tradition of electing a Prophet from amongst themselves.10. In the time of Jesus and immediately after, there were many people who beleived in Jesus' teachings. These people new the truth of Jesus, that he was a mortal man with a family, that he was married, that he did not perform true miracles, but symbolic ones (water into wine, etc). There was evidence of these facts in Jerusalem, so Rome sent an Army to destroy Jerusalem, trying to kill all who knew Jesus and obtain any evidence of the truth. Notice that the writings of Jesus' disciples were omitted from the Bible. This is because their writings contradicted some of the writings by Caesar's apostles. Some of those disciple's writings, now dubbed the dead sea scrolls, were discovered. They confirm that Mary was Jesus' wife and that Jesus did not die on the cross. Jesus actually watched the crucifixion and laughed. Another part of the Dead Sea scrolls has Jesus talking to a new disciple. However, the conversation that they have also indicates that this meeting occurred years after the crucifixion. 11. When Rome destroyed Jerusalem, his brother Joseph of Armathia and his wife Mary escaped to Greece. From there, Joseph traveled to what is now Great Britain. There, Joseph built the first Christian Church, which still stands today.Mary traveled to modern day France. There, she allegedly lived with her son Jesus and a second son. These were both allegedly sons of Jesus of the city of Nazareth. 12. In an attempt to destroy later followers of the real Jesus, the Catholic Church launched the Crusades. During the Crusades all Christians who were not Catholic were killed, their property seized. This was an attempt to kill the real Church of Jesus and to find all evidence that the Catholic Church had distorted the truth. According to 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail', descendants of Jesus were murdered at this time.13. According to the book, the Knights Templar smuggled evidence out of Jerusalem as the Romans were destroying the city. This evidence is presumably the family of Jesus, as well as writings that tell the true story. The truth of the Templar Knights is allegedly known to the Freemasons and Rosicrucians. 14. According to rumors, descendants of Jesus still live, and soon they will come forward. Whether this will happen, and whether anybody will believe it is hard to guess. According to other rumors, these descendants will be exploited by the world's elite to create a global govt. which strengthens their grip on the world's wealth and resources. The "New World Order".Leonardo Da Vinci was a member of the Freemasons. It is rumored that he placed clues about Jesus in his art. The book, "The Da Vinci Code" is a fictional guess as to what might happen if descendants of Jesus emerge. It would harm the Catholic Church, so they might try to assassinate them, as they did long ago during the Crusades.

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)

The Da Vinci Code is a fictitious story based upon real research outlined in the book 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail'. In this book, researchers help to explain the truth of the roots of Christianity. Some key points:

1. Jesus was the son of Joseph, who was descended from King David, so Jesus had a legitimate claim to the Throne of Jerusalem.

2. To discredit Jesus' claim, Caesar invented the Immaculate Conception, making Jesus the son of God instead of the son of Joseph.

3. To further strengthen his claim to the throne, Jesus married a Benjamite woman named Mary from the city of Magdalene. Remember that, although King David was the last King of Jerusalem, God promised the throne to the tribe of Benjamin, who were slaughtered by other Jewish tribes. At the time of Jesus, Jews were divided on whether the next Jewish king should be descended from David or the Benjamites. By marrying a Benjamite woman, Jesus made a strong case that he met both criteria, though it would truly be the son of Jesus and Mary who would be the most qualified.

4. To discredit Jesus claim, Rome edited the Bible to paint Mary of Magdalene as a prostitute. Pope John Paul apologized for this before his death.

5. At a wedding that Jesus was attending, a house servant came to Jesus' mother and told her that the wine was all gone. Mary informed Jesus, and Jesus magically turned the water into wine.

First, why would the house servant complain to Mary? Because Mary was the mother of the groom! This was Jesus' wedding!

Second, Jesus complained that Jewish weddings always served wine inside the house, but served water to the people outside the house, i.e. the poor who couldn't attend the wedding inside. This indicates that the wedding was of an important person. Jesus thought it disrespectful and snobbish not to serve wine to the poor attendees, so he had swapped barrels of water for barrels of wine outside. Well, when the wine inside ran out, Jesus simply instructed the house servant to fetch a barrel from outside. Thinking those barrels were full of water, the house servant and guests were surprised when they discovered the barrels were actually full of wine! No miracle here, but Caesar was trying to make Jesus seem miraculous, so he had it turned into a miracle in the Bible.

6. According to Jewish custom, on the honeymoon of a King, his bride is commanded to anoint his feet with oils. Mary of Magdalene did this in the Bible, affirming their marriage and his status as the rightful King of Jerusalem.

Caesar rearranged these stories to create the impression that the woman was a prostitute trying to gain favor with Jesus. In the Bible originally, Jesus had visited a den of whores to save them. This story was wholly separate from the story of Mary anointing his feet, but by placing these stories near each other in the Bible, Caesar created the impression that it was a prostitute who anointed his feet, and that the prostitute was Mary of Magdalene.

7. Caesar commissioned 3 writers to create the Bible. Apostle means 'scribe' or 'writer' in English. The 3 apostles were merely 3 writers hired by Caesar to create the Bible. The word 'scripture' merely means 'writings' in English. The Apostles submitted their writings to Caesar, who then edited the stories to his ends.

8. Caesar's issue was this: Rome was conquering many different peoples, each of these peoples having their own religions. Since most of these religions described their Godsent Kings differently, it was difficult for Caesar to keep track of all these religions in his attempt to convince people that he was their godsent king. Caesar dreamed of one religion in the world, with Caesar as the Godsent King. Jesus presented a religion that was universal, with only one God in the world, and one prophet. Unfortunately, Jesus was the prophet. In order for Caesar to be the prophet, he had to get rid of Jesus. But he couldn't. It was Jesus' religion after all!

So Caesar came up with the brilliant idea of elevating Jesus into a demigod, much like the Greek religion. By turning Jesus into the son of god, Caesar eliminated Jesus as a messiah, creating a job opening for himself as the prophet or Pope of Caesar's new Roman Universal (Catholic) Church.

By turning Jesus into the son of God, Caesar also discredited Jesus as a rightful King of Jerusalem based upon his blood relation to Joseph. This was important since Caesar was the King of Jerusalem at the time! By turning Mary into a prostitute, Rome discredited the notion that Jesus was married and might have a son. This son could cause the end to Roman domination in the Mideast, having a powerful argument that he was the blood of both King David as well as a Benjamite.

9. This Caesar died before assuming the title of Prophet, or Pope, of his new Roman Catholic Church. The next Caesar was a pagan and had no desire to assume the throne of the Church. So the Catholic Church Cardinals began the long tradition of electing a Prophet from amongst themselves.

10. In the time of Jesus and immediately after, there were many people who believed in Jesus' teachings. These people new the truth of Jesus, that he was a mortal man with a family, that he was married, that he did not perform true miracles, but symbolic ones (water into wine, etc). There was evidence of these facts in Jerusalem, so Rome sent an Army to destroy Jerusalem, trying to kill all who knew Jesus and obtain any evidence of the truth. Notice that the writings of Jesus' disciples were omitted from the Bible. This is because their writings contradicted some of the writings by Caesar's apostles. Some of those disciple's writings, now dubbed the dead sea scrolls, were discovered. They confirm that Mary was Jesus' wife and that Jesus did not die on the cross. Jesus actually watched the crucifixion and laughed. Another part of the Dead Sea scrolls has Jesus talking to a new disciple. However, the conversation that they have also indicates that this meeting occurred years after the crucifixion.

11. When Rome destroyed Jerusalem, his brother Joseph of Armathia and his wife Mary escaped to Greece. From there, Joseph traveled to what is now Great Britain. There, Joseph built the first Christian Church, which still stands today.

Mary traveled to modern day France. There, she allegedly lived with her son Jesus and a second son. These were both allegedly sons of Jesus of the city of Nazareth.

12. In an attempt to destroy later followers of the real Jesus, the Catholic Church launched the Crusades. During the Crusades all Christians who were not Catholic were killed, their property seized. This was an attempt to kill the real Church of Jesus and to find all evidence that the Catholic Church had distorted the truth. According to 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail', descendants of Jesus were murdered at this time.

13. According to the book, the Knights Templar smuggled evidence out of Jerusalem as the Romans were destroying the city. This evidence is presumably the family of Jesus, as well as writings that tell the true story. The truth of the Templar Knights is allegedly known to the Freemasons and Rosicrucians.

14. According to rumors, descendants of Jesus still live, and soon they will come forward. Whether this will happen, and whether anybody will believe it is hard to guess. According to other rumors, these descendants will be exploited by the world's elite to create a global govt. which strengthens their grip on the world's wealth and resources. The "New World Order".

Leonardo Da Vinci was a member of the Freemasons. It is rumored that he placed clues about Jesus in his art. The book, "The Da Vinci Code" is a fictional guess as to what might happen if descendants of Jesus emerge. It would harm the Catholic Church, so they might try to assassinate them, as they did long ago during the Crusades.

1. Don't you think God would have given Jesus (Joshua, or Yeshua in Hebrew) a legitimate claim? Even if he was descended from Joseph, I'm pretty sure that the Throne of Jerusalem was nonexistent at the time.

2. Why would Caesar make up the Immaculate Conception? If anything, if it makes Jesus the Son of God, that only elevates his status even higher up compared to Caesar. So what motive did he have?

3. Isn't this a reference to "The Lost Tomb of Jesus", which made that claim that Jesus married the Magdalene? Anyway, how do you know that Joseph wasn't of Benjamite descent as well as Judaist? How do you know if one of the wives in those 30 generations wasn't a Benjamite? Then Jesus would have no motive to marry a Benjamite woman, or marry at all.

4. [no comment]

5. Did he now? Where in the Bible does it say that he complained? (Maybe I'm missing something...)

6. Well, how did you know that the Magdalene (I'm not saying Mary for either the virgin or the Magdalene because I might mix them up) did that of her own will? And is the King of Jerusalem the only person whose feet can be "anointed" with oils? Seems kinda fishy...

7. Didn't the letters and gospels come from more than seven authors? (Let me count... Matthew, Mark, Luke, John wrote the gospels... I know Paul and Peter wrote a lot of stuff... John wrote Revelation, so that doesn't count... but I'm pretty sure there's nore than 7 authors.)

8. Huh... you seem to be supporting Christianity? Are you sure someone else didn't create the Roman Catholic Church?

9. So Caesar wanted to be pronounced the prophet of God? I didn't know he was religious...

10. Well, if he only performed symbolic miracles, then what was the point? Unless the miracles were genuine, then they would be interpreted as tricks. The people back then weren't stupid, you know. They would most probably discredit Jesus if he was prone to playing those tricks, and they wouldn't be welcoming him into every city that he was arriving in.

11. Are you sure Joseph went to Britain? They were Catholic for an awfully long time too, you know...

12. I thought the Crusades were to claim Jerusalem for the Catholics against the Muslims. Anyway, all your evidence (notice I'm not putting it into quotes, unlike some people...) comes from the book. Don't you have any other sources?

13. Are the Freemasons still alive today? (And the "Rosicrucians", for that matter...)

14. [no comment]

Not all your stuff is pure bull, but some people will think it is.

It is probably the best book ever as far as a story line goes. It's not fantastic writing like the great classics, but the story is to complex and creative that you can't put it down. This museum curator was part of a secret society that protects the holy grail, and he is the last of the brotherhood alive. He gets shot, and before he dies he leaves little codes and secrets in the da Vinci paintings and stuff that, if if followed, lead to the holy grail. His granddaughter doesn't know about the society and so he wants it to be found so it's not lost forever. One of his clues leads her to Robert Langdon, the main character, which brings him and the granddaughter together. He is a professor and genius when it comes to symbology. It's cool because it's action-packed but also smart. He uses his brain to figure out the clues that all come together in the end, and the ending is amazing. There are good guys that turn bad, clues that seem to be something they are not, and it's a fantastic mystery/adventure novel. However, don't see the movie before the book because they COMPLETELY change the ending. It's upsetting and not nearly as cool as the book's ending.