xisto Community
scab_dog

Da Vinci Code Whats it about??

1. Don't you think God would have given Jesus (Joshua, or Yeshua in Hebrew) a legitimate claim? Even if he was descended from Joseph, I'm pretty sure that the Throne of Jerusalem was nonexistent at the time.

2. Why would Caesar make up the Immaculate Conception? If anything, if it makes Jesus the Son of God, that only elevates his status even higher up compared to Caesar. So what motive did he have?

3. Isn't this a reference to "The Lost Tomb of Jesus", which made that claim that Jesus married the Magdalene? Anyway, how do you know that Joseph wasn't of Benjamite descent as well as Judaist? How do you know if one of the wives in those 30 generations wasn't a Benjamite? Then Jesus would have no motive to marry a Benjamite woman, or marry at all.

4. [no comment]

5. Did he now? Where in the Bible does it say that he complained? (Maybe I'm missing something...)

6. Well, how did you know that the Magdalene (I'm not saying Mary for either the virgin or the Magdalene because I might mix them up) did that of her own will? And is the King of Jerusalem the only person whose feet can be "anointed" with oils? Seems kinda fishy...

7. Didn't the letters and gospels come from more than seven authors? (Let me count... Matthew, Mark, Luke, John wrote the gospels... I know Paul and Peter wrote a lot of stuff... John wrote Revelation, so that doesn't count... but I'm pretty sure there's nore than 7 authors.)

8. Huh... you seem to be supporting Christianity? Are you sure someone else didn't create the Roman Catholic Church?

9. So Caesar wanted to be pronounced the prophet of God? I didn't know he was religious...

10. Well, if he only performed symbolic miracles, then what was the point? Unless the miracles were genuine, then they would be interpreted as tricks. The people back then weren't stupid, you know. They would most probably discredit Jesus if he was prone to playing those tricks, and they wouldn't be welcoming him into every city that he was arriving in.

11. Are you sure Joseph went to Britain? They were Catholic for an awfully long time too, you know...

12. I thought the Crusades were to claim Jerusalem for the Catholics against the Muslims. Anyway, all your evidence (notice I'm not putting it into quotes, unlike some people...) comes from the book. Don't you have any other sources?

13. Are the Freemasons still alive today? (And the "Rosicrucians", for that matter...)

14. [no comment]

Not all your stuff is pure bull, but some people will think it is.

These aren't my views. I'm quoting a book, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". So it would be the book that's bull. :D There are several other books along the same lines. One ends with the ominous sentence..."maybe the west is ready for a king. Even America has tired of its failed attempt at democracy."

My view is that, regardless of the truths of it historically, the people behind this are elitists who may attempt to create a New World Order by pulling a descendant of Jesus out of obscurity and promote 'his' kingdom in the west. I hope most Christians will see through it and reject it.

Caesar was most likely an Atheist using religion to manipulate the masses. There were many Caesars. Most people fought Roman imperialism. Caesar had the smart idea to have his minions study the religions of the various tribes around Europe and the Middle East. Most religions had several common denominators, one being that they had some promise from their god or gods to send a king, or, messiah, or prophet, or demigod to rule over them. Caesar would then try to claim to be that god sent king according to their beliefs so they wouldn't resist him. Caesar liked the idea of Jesus, that there was only one god. However, Jesus was the Messiah, so where did that leave Caesar in his quest to be the leader of this religion? By elevating Jesus to son of god, Caesar could be the prophet. That was Caesar's motive. He didn't want to outrank Jesus. He wanted to create a church and be its leader, the pope. He died before the church was completed. Bear in mind that Jesus was already dead.

I said the servant "complained" to Mary. Poor choice of words, but irrelevant to the point, and I'm not quoting the Bible. I'm quoting the other book (loosely). This same story was told to me by a freemason when I was young.

I don't support any given religion. I'm quoting a book. Caesar created the Roman Catholic Church. His Apostles went to Jerusalem and gathered together the books contained within the Bible. They're not the originals. They've been edited.

The reason Jesus performed certain rites was to confound the Jewish hierarchy. Jesus was a rabbi, but because of his teachings, the Jewish hierarchy would not allow him to rise above that station. It's been over a decade since reading Holy Blood, Holy Grail, so I can't remember some of it. I don't remember the different titles in the Jewish hierarchy, but I know Jesus wanted to rise higher. Just as Catholics have priests, cardinals, popes, etc. the Jewish hierarchy was similar. Jesus was a Jew. There was no Christian church yet. Jesus wanted to be "Pope" of the Jews. I remember one example from the book.

When someone was excommunicated from the Jewish community, they were basically 'dead' to the Jewish church. Only a religious figure higher than a rabbi, say a "high priest", was allowed to forgive the person and bring them back into the fold. Bringing them back required a ritual resurrection where a high priest brought the person back from their "death". Jesus performed this ritual for Lazareth, who had been excommunicated. He wasn't truly dead. Jesus was accompanied by a high priest in the Jewish church who was a supporter of Jesus' teachings. This high priest approved of Lazarus' rebirth into the fold. Jesus then told the Jewish Hierarchy "I have raised Lazarus", meaning that Jesus must be a high priest since rabbis aren't allowed to perform the ceremony! Jesus was a very smart guy thinking outside the box, and frustrating Jewish leaders. This is another example of Caesar turning a rite into a miracle of raising the dead. Lazarus wasn't literally dead.

I erred in saying Joseph went to England. Jesus brother was named James. It was James who went to England, though obviously it wasn't England at the time. There were no Catholics when James lived. He lived during Jesus time. It was Jesus' older brother. The remains of his church are still there. I'd have to buy the book and read it again to find the exact location.

BTW, since James was Jesus' older brother, how was it that his mother Mary was a virgin? The only excuse the church can come up with is Joseph must have been married previously and had a son with his first wife. Weren't Joseph and Mary teenagers? :D

You're correct about the Crusades. I meant to say Spanish Inquisition. :D

Yes the freemasons still exist. They're everywhere. My brother in law is a freemason.

The point to all of this is to let Dan Brown fans know where Dan Brown got the background story for the Da Vinci Code. He didn't just make it up. He got the story, or background info., from reading Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

Skull & Bones are another group associated with the freemasons. Most U.S. Presidents over the last 40 years were members of Skull & Bones including both Bush Presidents. I believe Ben Franklin was a freemason, though I may be wrong. And, of course, Leonardo Da Vinci was a freemason.

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)

HOWEVER, THE SAD THING IS...

Da Vinci Code

Replying to Janissary

However the sad thing is that most the human beings (identity) are still trying to figure out life, how Jesus lived, before, after, to COME UP with a belief, and see if it works for them, then try to figure something else out, to make them feel a little better.

You know what I've seen?

When people have FAITH and believe that Jesus Christ's words were real and is real, you come to the realization that once you apply it, IT IS. AND it BECOMES. I've seen people get cured from belief, from cancer, I've seen people turn sober from belief, from one day to another, I've seen dreams come true. Mine did and won't tell you who I am.

But, most of you the average person, the public, are still in that little world of, 'complaining', level of complain as I call it, not knowing that all you really have to know is that the kingdom, your happiness resides within your being, and you have to start living instead of judging others lives or trying to learn others lives IN ORDER TO understand yours.

Be happy, and get what you want. Its simple. I do it, I did it, and all I do is be me, the real me, not others opinions.

Whether Jesus did this or that, what have you done??

Throw the first stone the one who is free of sin, or negativity.

Davicnci code, Gucci code, Jew code, LEAVE IT ALONE!

START LIVING YOUR LIFE! ALL you GOT IS ONE SHOT! JEEZ!

AND I don't WANNA HEAR YOU SAYING I'm TRYING TO EXPRESS BLA BLA OR I'm TRYING TO JUST HAVE A DISCUSSION, WELL MY DEAR IF YOU ARE: LIVE, ACHIEVE AND BE HAPPY. LEAVE IT ALONE.

The past is gone. (period)

Live your purpose, that's is all what this is al about.

Good luck to you all. You need it.

INFINITE-

-reply by The Observer

------------------------------

Admin Reply - Xisto.com

This stage of complaining can be passed only when the person at some point becomes completely satisfied with everything in life

OR

Gives up on life and starts having FAITH for escape.

Either cases, he is lucky :-)

And People who have faith can just show their own lives as example by relating to their questions. Basically, spreading wisdom brings more wisdom :)

-Shree