xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Sig Battle (damann Vs. Johnny{a}) Damann vs. Johnny in a sig battle.

Daman, don't just slap text on a background, and pray it'll look good. You have to -make- it look good, which doesn't seem to be the case in almost all of yours, excluding your actual siggy.

That said, I'm not quite done with this, but here's round 2:

Posted Image

I'll post round 3 in a bit, or maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, slow down. Spend more time making one sig look good, instead of making a bunch of sloppy ones. I'm guessing you use Photoshop, right damann? Check good-tutorials.com if you want some cool stuff. I find some neat tricks every time I visit, no lie.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

And here's my round 3.

Posted Image

Have you posted a round 4 yet? If so, I'll post mine tomorrow. I'm kinda tired.

BTW, thanks snlildude, I hadn't realized the name thingy.

Damann, apart from your current sig, the text on all the rest are absolutely terrible.

Remember, use anti aliasing, and if the text doesn't stand out enough try a shadow or glow. You could also try getting a larger range of fonts at http://www.dafont.com/de/

Johnny, love the first one. The Gundam one could do with a border, and somehow it just seems proportionately weird... maybe the colours and text don't quite work..

The Bond (?) one is just stylish -_-

Nice work on the bond one (especially if you made the bond render yourself) but the gundam one needs some work.....btw the part near the top of his left cheek has a glowing edge so does the top part of the gun barrel..ok ill spend some more time on this one but what you did isnt much diffrent from mine you slap some text AND a pic on a background -_- *clap*..ok ill spend more time on this one

thanks nate heres my next one (scince everyone has been saying they like my sig) heres another halo render blend grunge sig...not as good as the one in my sig i think its missing something :/...here it is

Posted Image

hey johnny what is the font you used in your bond sig called ive got to get it x.x

Damann, I'd appreciate it if you don't triple post. Adding your comments after your sigs are good enough...you don't have to post the sig, and make another post for the comments. Now, if you wait a day or so and no one has answered, then it's okay to double post, but in your case, the time frame was around 5 minutes. -_-Back to the subject now. The sig above this one looks better, but it's not original like Johnny's sigs, so Johnny wins again. :D

K, guess this battle is another good idea from the magical world of Johnny. Lots of response. If anyone else wants to battle as well, feel free to pm me, as I have way too much spare time anyway. Anyways, here goes...

Damann, apart from your current sig, the text on all the rest are absolutely terrible.

Remember, use anti aliasing, and if the text doesn't stand out enough try a shadow or glow. You could also try getting a larger range of fonts at http://www.dafont.com/de/

Johnny, love the first one. The Gundam one could do with a border, and somehow it just seems proportionately weird... maybe the colours and text don't quite work..

The Bond (?) one is just stylish :D

135462[/snapback]

Anti-aliasing. Magic word. And thanks for the compliments and suggestions, I kinda realized after I put up the Gundam one that it does look sorta odd, but I didn't really bother. I'm thinking of adding a border and changing the text's inside color to red, before I add it to my sig gallery.

Nice work on the bond one (especially if you made the bond render yourself) but the gundam one needs some work.....btw the part near the top of his left cheek has a glowing edge so does the top part of the gun barrel..ok ill spend some more time on this one but what you did isnt much diffrent from mine you slap some text AND a pic on a background :D *clap*..ok ill spend more time on this one

135656[/snapback]

Heh, no, I definitely didn't do that myself. I only did the subtle 3d in the back (yes, it -is- 3d.) and thanks for pointing the edges out. That's another thing I'll have to fix later on. And yeah, I did slap some text and a pic on, but it's all about making it look good. ^-^

Hell ya u 2 u got great siggies but Damann u got it going on with urs

135660[/snapback]

Thanks for rooting for daman. My competition needs some fans too, right? :D

thanks nate heres my next one (scince everyone has been saying they like my sig) heres another halo render blend grunge sig...not as good as the one in my sig i think its missing something :/...here it is

Posted Image

hey johnny what is the font you used in your bond sig called ive got to get it x.x

135669[/snapback]

Lol, you can't just remake your sigs, that's like...lame. -_-

Damann, I'd appreciate it if you don't triple post. Adding your comments after your sigs are good enough...you don't have to post the sig, and make another post for the comments. Now, if you wait a day or so and no one has answered, then it's okay to double post, but in your case, the time frame was around 5 minutes. :D

Back to the subject now. The sig above this one looks better, but it's not original like Johnny's sigs, so Johnny wins again. :D

135671[/snapback]

Yupyup. Make sure you've said everything before you post, since you guys can't go back and edit your posts, like us cool kids. B)

Nice sigs everyone :D

135700[/snapback]

Thanks.

(cant you make our posts editable by us? itd stop half of my excessive posts) hey i didnt remake it i used diffrent grunge brushes diffrent color and a diffrent pic!well i used one grunge brush i used before...

(cant you make our posts editable by us? itd stop half of my excessive posts) hey i didnt remake it i used diffrent grunge brushes diffrent color and a diffrent pic!well i used one grunge brush i used before...

135741[/snapback]

Sorry, it's not up to me, and if it were, I still wouldn't do it. Hosting security issues. (thought to self - hm, I bet snlildude will be here in a jiffy with an explanation) Yeah, someone else will probably go into detail about that later. =P

And about the sig, sure you may have used different brushes, a render, and color, but it's the same positioning, same text, and generally the same look. You gotta be original man, that's what makes it fun. Anyways, I'm off to work on a new one now. Laters. ^-^

Yeah really I do not know what happened to that. b ut the users at one time were able to edit there own posts and were also able to delete there own posts. I think that I might just ask opaque myself.

Yeah really I do not know what happened to that.  b ut the users at one time were able to edit there own posts and were also able to delete there own posts.  I think that I might just ask opaque myself.

135757[/snapback]

Here's a short explanation.

No it wouldn't... the reason the forum disallows editing their posts is because you can post something like

alsdjfk18a12985jawrtljakseojo2839841092

and then edit it to say "I like to use photoshop because it is awsome, and nice tutorial!" Only the FIRST instance of posting adds to the credits. No matter how you edit it, it still doesn't change. (Unless you delete it of course)

Straight from the Dooga's mouth. Hope that clears it up. ^-^

Now, I didn't really want to post it, because I don't think it looks that good, but I don't like to leave sigs sitting around on my computer with nobody to see them, so here's another one. But I don't think I'll call this a battle sig...

Posted Image

Which brings me to a new idea. Instead of just randomly posting sigs and comparing them, why don't we make an actual battle by posting up polls for each round, and having people vote? I think it would make it more of a "battle" than a "compare and contrast". What do you say?