xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Book? Why? A small investigation about most popular books

How many books do you read each year  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last year i've read 7 books and this year I just finished reading a book it's (The Davinci Code), any way I like reading Novels and legends as well

I read around a dozen a year (not counting ones I read for school). My favorites would probably be the Dark Tower series or Ender's Game, but I've started reading the Dune books and they definitely might become my favorites. There's also some book in the back of my mind right now that I can't think of, if I remember it I'll edit the post I guess.

I'm a Harry Potter nerd because they are such page turners. I've read the latest one which was over 700 pages in about two days.I also love Eragon. <3 Good book.I like mainly fantasy books as well as horror. From time to time I'll read fiction.

My favorite genre is fantasy and my favorite book is Twilight. Although, I like the rest of the books that sequel it. I love the story plot because of the vampire twist. I'm not really sure why but I'm interested in the whole 'forbbiden love' thing even if the relationship seems a little off. My friend introduced me to it and I'm glad for it. I reread the book a lot and can basically recall all or at least most of what every little thing happens in it. :lol:

I like "Next" by Michael Chrichton. It is a 500 page book but i probably finished in less than two days. And this coming from someone who isnt that avid of a reader. That's how good it is. It takes place in the very near future and it talks about the implications of our actions and our technology. It focuses mostly on genetics and cloning and how this can become detrimental to a society. It is a very good book and i recomend it to anyone who enjoys science.

i am not that much of a reader but i like stephen king alot. i really like his dark tower books. the drawing of the three is the best. i love the edge that roland has. the gunslinger is bad *bottom*.

I live for reading

but i love the young adult novels. My favorite author of all time is Sarah Dessen. My true favorite book though is 1984 by George Orwell. It is so riveting. From the first page it began to creep me out.. the idea of our lifes not belonging to us at all.. with no privacy.. ruled by technology. I dont know if any of you have read this book but its a must. I really learned alot from it as well. And it makes me think of all these different kinds of possiblities.. what can someday happen.. you know it s just that kind of book that keep you wonder when your in bed and watching tv.. what if someone was watching me all the time monitoring every move. After i finished the book i felt a sense of .. whats the word i cant think of it. umm oh an invasion of privacy.. i always make sure every curtain is closed in my room. I also noe realize the importance of our freedom. These days people walk around complaining about not being able to carry around a gun in a shopping mall and other ridiculous things and we dont really realize that we are able to do so much. Did it ever occur that we might possibly have too much freedom. Since everyone takes it for granted. But this book is amazing it just really makes you think about everything.

Read it Guys! :lol:

My favorite book tends to change the more I read, but I do have to say 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is my favorite book that I've read. It was boring at some point, and interesting at others, but it did make me keep wanting to read more. But I'm also more of a Harry Potter nerd. If it's recent, then my favorite book would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's quite a page turner. Action at almost every chapter, I don't think there are quite as many boring moments at all. (:

My favorite books is the original Dune series by Frank Herbert. I love sci-fi books because they show worlds full of imagination and Dune is a true gem among sci-fi novels. Although its sci-fi, it isn't easy to read, because its full of thoughts and reflections and this is what I like about it. You won't forget this book when you are finished reading it and believe me or not you will want to read it again. It's like Lord of the Rings in sci-fi.

I was reading an interesting book the other day.

I'd like to write something about this book in short.

In this book is the main character named Katy,and her boyfriend is Tom.

They are from one band from Steel City.

One day Katy broke Tom's guitar in spite of herself.

So he bought a new guitar at an old shop.

However, a ghost was in the guitar!!

From the day,Tom changed suddenlly.

This story is about Katy's battle-can she save Tom from the guitar?

This was the exciting book.

The title is "Ghost in the Guitar"

Please try to read if you can get it.

I am definately not much of a reader. Than only time I read books is when I have to for English class at school. They make you read 9 books a year, and I even struggle with that. I read a book a few years ago that I really enjoyed. It was called Holes, that would have to be my favorite. There's actually a movie out now of that book, I'll have to see it.

My favorite book of all time would have to be The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane. It is an old book, published in 1895, about the meaning of courage, as it is discovered by Henry Fleming, a recruit in the American Civil War. It is one of the most influential American war stories ever written, even though the author was born after the war and had never seen battle himself. It was an amazing read, I could read it over and over.

I read a lot, so I discover a lot of books of all sorts, and yet I have never read a book that topped The Red Badge of Courage. I think anyone would love this book, and you can even read it for free on your computer if you do not want to pay for it be going to:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I know that sounds a little heavy going, but it's sheer brilliance.

The number of pithy comments about society and people being contained in nice, neat little sayings that come out of this book makes me think of it as the off-topic forum of the time :rolleyes:

My favourite book is definately by Matthew Reilly. It is either scarecrow or The Six Sacred Stones...Ill stick with Scarecrow. I really like the intense action that all of Matthew Reilly's books have, but this book is exceptionally good. The plot's wicked, so many twists and turns... ok sorry... I really like the book. Its got alot of detailed scene and a great plot and even better side plots. And it just keeps you guessing. There was one part, I read the page, I didn't believe it, and so I read it again about 10 times. Amazing. I really do like Matthew Reilly's books