xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpbb question (do i need cutftp)?

goto phpmyadmin, select the database at the left, click sql at the right page on the topthen you see one biug query field and under that "Or from file" input the sql file there click start and your done

ok i will check that out and see if i have any mroe questions. thanks.
and do i need to do that with every mod i install?

depends, on if it needs database modifications, simple mods dont need those

Oh ok, i think i got it. and once i upload the file or whatever then what do i need to do? nothing? or did i already do what is needed?

I was trying to instal a ahck that edits the disable mesage and the first thing it said to do was this what does that mean?

# #-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------ # #   If you have a different table prefix then change this command accordingly. #   I have used the default table prefix! # INSERT INTO phpbb_config VALUES ('board_disable_msg', 'Rebuild Search in progress...');#

when a mysql database is setup, it uses a prefix. in the case of phpbb, the default (for example wen you use the fantastico installer) it is phpbb_. unless you actually set it up with a different prefix, you can use that query as is, if you used a different prefix, just adjust phpbb_config to whatever it was

oh ok i ddint change any prefix but.. then how would i change it back? nvm i dont have to worry about that. and i was instaling that hack then the stupid hsot went down or something. im going totry to install cashmod i have a few problems with that soi will psot it here. hopefully i can get some help.

Ok there is only 1 thing that i need explained to me to be able to install cashMo verything else is clear to me.

#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------#]#   There is an automatic sql installer that works currently for mysql and mssql#   It is neccessary to copy the file sql_install.php to your main phpbb directory and run it from there#   After that, you want to delete the file immediately.##   If you prefer to run the queries manually yourself, or to translate it to a different dbms#   than mysql or mssql, the raw queries are located in sql_222.txt, but are only available for mysql.#   I will try to include more dbms's for the installer for future releases, but nothing is guaranteed#   at present#

Ok so, it tells me how to do that automatic sql isntaller in the read me file so im not concerned with that. but i dont understand this part "After that, you want to delete the file immediately" do i delet it right after i instal it or do i instal /edit the whle cashmod then delete that?

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok i need help on something esle. on zaraths shop mod.

Installation * * 1. Create folder shop * * 2. Upload files *  /shop_install.php *  /shop.php *  /shop_bs.php *  /shop_effects.php *  /shop_actions.php *  /shop_inventory.php *  /admin/admin_shop.php *  /templates/*/shop_body.tpl *  /templates/*/shop_inventory_body.tpl *  /templates/*/admin/shop_config_body.tpl *  /shop_install.php *  /shop/images/icon_store_rpg.gif * * 2. Run shop_install.php then delete it.

see where it says "2. Run shop_install.php then delete it."? well, what does that mean? to run shop_install? thanks.

both of those have the same answer. in both cases, those files automatically update your database for you. you upload them to the root directory, run them (ie go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (change that address to your actual forum address with the filename at the end))
after you see that all the updates were ok, you delete the files, preferably before you do anything further in the mod

so what i do is in the file manager upload the install.php file to the file name of my forum? like for exmaple my forum name is "forum" i upload the install.php file in that file? is that all?

almost. after you upload it, in another browser window, go to your forum and in the address bar, replace index.php with install.php (or whatever the file is named), click "go" and it will run the install for you. then you can delete it